Andrea Pirlo.

The Underfaker

Andrea Pirlo is returning to Juventus to take charge of their U23 team, according to Sky in Italy.

Pirlo played for Juventus from 2011 until 2015 before moving to MLS with New York City FC.

Since leaving NYCFC, Pirlo has been studying for his coaching qualifications, which he has now completed.

He is expected to be assisted by long-time friend and international team-mate Roberto Baronio. Juventus U23s play in Serie C, Italy’s third tier, and recently won that level’s Coppa Italia.

There’s a guy who’s going to have to either manage youths or a top level team for his entire career.

Imagine him watching as his Barnsley midfielder miscontrols it for the 4th time that half.

pirlowine.jpg

Tremendous player.

Would love to have seen him, Seedorf, Gattuso and Kaka at their peak (06/07) v Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta at theirs (10/11).

Andrea Pirlo is returning to Juventus to take charge of their U23 team, according to Sky in Italy.

Pirlo played for Juventus from 2011 until 2015 before moving to MLS with New York City FC.

Since leaving NYCFC, Pirlo has been studying for his coaching qualifications, which he has now completed.

He is expected to be assisted by long-time friend and international team-mate Roberto Baronio. Juventus U23s play in Serie C, Italy’s third tier, and recently won that level’s Coppa Italia.

A real Rolls Royce of a player.

Cool as f**k and a tremendous footballer. I remember watching Lego Muncher try and rough him up at the Big Jock Knew Camp a few years ago and Pirlo just stood up, brushed him off and took off - made him look like a fool. Can see him being a good manager, right temperament to manage big teams in this age.

Cool as f**k and a tremendous footballer. I remember watching Lego Muncher try and rough him up at the Big Jock Knew Camp a few years ago and Pirlo just stood up, brushed him off and took off - made him look like a fool. Can see him being a good manager, right temperament to manage big teams in this age.
Remember that one as well, brown went tearing up behind him at full pelt, Pirlo drops the shoulder, turns and strolls off into the distance.

Loved watching him completely boss the midfield vs England a few years ago especially as I watched it in a pub with mostly English supporters

He's branching out

latest

Loved watching him completely boss the midfield vs England a few years ago especially as I watched it in a pub with mostly English supporters

See that game, it was hilarious seeing the reaction from the English media. They were acting almost surprised at how good he was whilst the majority of football fans were not surprised at all. His penalty against Joe Hart was the icing on the cake.

His panenka penalty against joe hart was a thing of beauty.
It really was something else, Hart was making a big play about knowing where they'd all hit them and being great at penalties, that chip just ended the shoot out for me even with more penalties to go. Demoralised Hart and England while boasting his own team at the same time, genius.

See that game, it was hilarious seeing the reaction from the English media. They were acting almost surprised at how good he was whilst the majority of football fans were not surprised at all. His penalty against Joe Hart was the icing on the cake.

I remember being in the pub going on about how class he was before the game. Even at his age, no one could get near him, he was on the ball constantly just pinging passes about. Like you say, the pen topped it off.

Class act. He could totally dictate games without even breaking sweat.
You'd think that, wouldn't you, but the reality is he covered more miles than almost anyone else on the pitch. It was his running when not in possession which made him always seem to be in the right place at the right time.

The half jog at the end :D

did he not hit a free kick off the post from miles out in this game aswell? I Remember Hart Getting picked up on the mic fawning all over him “you had me well beat with that free kick” at the end of a game.

edit: here’s the link. Remember it differently

he was a great player and i remember all the English media going on about how he was past it for that game.
aye so he was. :))

Pirlo = The Maestro
Was so great they named the position after him!! The Pirlo role/position!!

Total class and so elegant on the pitch and he was Fonzie level cool!! :cool:

Incredible player with a modest trophy haul;);).

(World Cup Winner, Two Champions League Winners Medals, Six Scudettos ......).

Back