Andy Firth New Deal

Cant imagine he is costing too much and 3rd keeper is needed so no big complaints from me. I dont have a clue if he would be good enough to actually play for us anytime soon but coaching team must have some level of trust in him

A clear indication that Wes is away in the summer then. I think Firth and Robbie McCrorie will fight it out to be second choice next season.

All I can say is he must be on absolute peanuts. Would of assumed we could have used one of our youths to fill that 3rd GK slot. Obviously we’re happy having firth as a glorified cheerleader to allow the youngsters to go out and play on loan

His commitment to the club is undeniable. Yet to see any evidence of level of ability. Must be in contention in Gerrards mind to be either no1/2 in 2/3 years.

Probably knows he’s not good enough to be first choice at a big club, so is loving being involved at a club like ours and is happy enough being 3rd choice. Fair play to the boy, what a gig he’s got

I think there's a very good chance Andy will never wear our shirt. Doesn't stop everyone liking the guy and certainly doesn't stop him from enjoying being at the biggest club he'll be employed for.

Could wes be leaving ?? Firth thinks he could be no.1 when McGregor retires which isn't far away ??

we is almost certainly going in the summer.

There is no way Firth will take over from McGregor in a year and a half - that will be McCrories job.

I think Firth knows he is onto a winner here being 3rd choice and is happy to just live the dream.

We seem to have spent quite a bit on wages for reserve keepers over the past 2/3 years.

Would you prefer we spent peanuts on reserve keepers who aren't good enough for us and we end up playing diddies should McGregor get injured or need a rest? We need quality back up in all areas and that costs in wages.

He obviously wasn't one who pushed himself further out of SG's thoughts after Dubai. He didn't look great against Tashkent, I thought.

A clear indication that Wes is away in the summer then. I think Firth and Robbie McCrorie will fight it out to be second choice next season.

I agree. Competition is healthy so why have the two scrap it out? Best of luck to them both.

Good on him, seems a pretty decent lad. He is obviously doing a job the management team require and is a low cost 3rd choice backup option, sensible decision.

Andy Firth is living the life most of us would give a clakker bag for. I'd pay Rangers to be in his position lol. Lucky big bassa

Not really sure he's good enough to be a permanent number 2 if Wes leaves...can't help but like him though

Good luck to the guy. Won't be on a massive salary, and competent enough to be back up for a couple of years.

What a life the guy has got, paid to be travel the world watching the bears while learning the song book along the way...brilliant!!!

What’s so hard to believe.

You can’t have 3, first choice keepers hanging around. Teams need more than 2 keepers for training and warming up players etc.

Grezda done it aswell when he is here.
I’ve had comps off some players(free) because I mate does some coaching at rangers and works in a shop and gives them discount so more than him at it with tickets.
never said there wasn’t more than him at it , i’ve no issue with players giving away tickets if its for face value anything above that is a lady's front bottom move

Just as well it was a RANGERS song or you and yer pal Chapman Billy I prefer men've put him in the shite.

Ye don't think these kants read posts on here ?.

never said there wasn’t more than him at it , i’ve no issue with players giving away tickets if its for face value anything above that is a lady's front bottom move
100% mate. I wasn’t trying to condone it. Then don’t pay for them so face value is free to them

Back