Andy Goram. 1964 - 2022. RIP The Goalie

Just heard. What great days he contributed to. An almost unique talent that save against their big Dutch striker is I think the greatest save I ever saw in the flesh. It seemed as if the ball was in the net and he pulled it back out.
Nerves of steel and ability to match.

Very sad news on a human level. Same age as myself. RIP.

Simply the best we’ve ever had or are likely to ever have in our goals.

Thanks Goalie. It was an absolute pleasure.

If there is some sort of wee man upstairs, we’ve done our bit - please go take legends from somewhere else for a while.

So gutted today.

The most talented keeper we and Scotland have ever had; for a few years he was the best on the planet.

Rest Easy Goalie.

Leeds 1 Rangers 2.
One of his finest matches. He was livid when they got their late consolation. A true legend of the club.
Edit. Never get emotional about these things but this one has left me with a wee tear in my eyes.
Hits 50% of us at some point of our lives.

RIP Goalie
You played a part in some of the best days of my life as a Rangers man.
Thank you for the wonderful memories.

Taken very quickly, and far too young.

One of the greatest Scottish footballers of my lifetime, and I’m pleased he was, albeit briefly, both a player and coach at my club.

RIP Andy.

Leeds 1 Rangers 2.
One of his finest matches. He was livid when they got their late consolation. A true legend of the club.
Edit. Never get emotional about these things but this one has left me with a wee tear in my eyes.
Hits 50% of us at some point of our lives.

I was at Pittodrie for Keith vs Rangers. Keith scored with a minute or so left I think and Andy picked the ball out the net and booted it out the stadium in rage that they’d scored. A winner. #1.

Deeply saddened by this expected news. The greatest Rangers goalkeeper - certainly in my lifetime!

I had the pleasure of meeting Andy several times with Rangers abroad - in Porto, Belgrade, Eindhoven.
But the most memorable was at a dinner post Rangers Legends match v Bognor Regis in 2015 to honour Brighton Dave RIP.

The video I have of the two of us and Derek Ferguson singing will stay with me forever.

RIP Goalie

Boy did that guy give us some great days and nights. That penalty save in '96 from van Hooijdonk made that match one of the best games I've ever attended.

Thanks Goalie and RIP

The loss we have had to endure this year has been absolutely horrific, so many legends and great men have been taken from us. If the word goalkeeper in the dictionary had a picture it would be Andy Goram, a phenomenal talent who pulled off what seemed like otherworldly saves like it was nothing, RIP Andy.

My condolences to the friends and family of the goalie.
I was lucky enough to have been given some great memories by his performances for our club.
Thank you Mr Goram, you were a club legend.

Back