Andy Goram. 1964 - 2022. RIP The Goalie

Heartbreaking, far too young. Thanks fir the memories Andy. He made my childhood a very happy and proud one. Rest in peace. Thoughts with the family today.

THE Goalie and one of us. Looking through Facebook and everybody seems to have a photo with him, including myself. What memories he has left us with. A privilege to have seen him play. Thoughts with his family and closest friends.

Being a goalie in my youth Andy Goram was my hero growing up.

One of the best goalies of all time. The Leeds games being my greatest memory.

Thoughts with his family and friends.

Will raise a glass to him tonight.

RIP to The Goalie. Heartbreaking stuff.

It’s hard not to view this through the lens of Walter, Jimmy and Andy, alongside other Rangers, all dying within a relatively short period of time.

It’s hard to take.

Even though we knew this was coming it still felt like a massive punch in the guts.

Was a hero of mine growing up , hence the username.

Was lucky enough to have a drink with him a few times when he was in Dumfries playing for Queens.

In the early to mid nineties he was the best goalie in Britain, one of the best in Europe.

His performances and saves at Pittodrie, Leeds and vs celtic at Ibrox and at the Piggery will always be remembered. I recall one night at Pittodrie where he saved everything thrown at him, including a save with his ass.

Even vs Juventus we lost 4-1 in Turin, if it wasn't for the Goalie it would have been 7 or 8.

The best goalkeeper I've seen play for Rangers.

Rest easy my friend. At least you are no longer in pain. Thoughts at this time to your family and friends.

Sad news.

In my lifetime of watching Rangers, one of the few players who could leave you speechless with his saves and performances.

Rest easy Andy. Simply the best. What a character. Thoughts with his family.
❤️

When I hear Andy Gorams name.

I still see the Broomy jump to celebrate big Vans shot ready to nestle in the net.

Only for Andy to pull off the best ever save I’ve seen live.

Best Rangers goalie I have ever seen and a true gent every time I met him. Rest in Peace Andy. Thanks for all you did for the Club.

He was loved by the loyalist community in NI because Andy didn’t just pay lip service to our support in NI.he was a frequent visitor to NI.didn’t act the big I am and make it look like he was doing you a favor by turning up.he turned up because of his respect for that community.

I've been lucky to have met Andy a few times in the Stonefield Tavern in Blantyre. He was highly thought of by the regulars in there and will be sorely missed. Rest easy Goalie.

He was loved by the loyalist community in NI because Andy didn’t just pay lip service to our support in NI.he was a frequent visitor to NI.didn’t act the big I am and make it look like he was doing you a favor by turning up.he turned up because of his respect for that community.
Meet him in loughgall football club,took time to chat with everyone,sign kits and get photos took.absolute legend and man of the people

R.I.P. Andy.
Memories that you created, just seem like yesterday!
Simply the best.
Thank you.
Thoughts are with family and friends.

The Goalie was my idol growing up. Loved wearing the yellow keepers top pretending I was Gorman when I was kid. He gave us great memories.

Rest in Peace Mr. Goram. You are an immortal legend

Back