Andy Goram - ashes buried behind the Copland goal line

No surprise we got the first clean sheet of the season!
What a beautiful tribute to such a legend of the club.
Simply the Best.

Touching tribute.

It's before my time but in the past fans ashes were allowed to be scattered on the pitch. I'm sure ive read a John Greig quote about it having to be stopped because it was creating too many bald spots on the pitch!

Brilliant tribute and it’s where he belongs, our greatest ever keeper and the best goalkeeper I’ve ever seen

Touching tribute.

It's before my time but in the past fans ashes were allowed to be scattered on the pitch. I'm sure ive read a John Greig quote about it having to be stopped because it was creating too many bald spots on the pitch!
Since then, they are hybrid pitches now, incorporating plastic netting; which are scraped off every year. Thats why

Superb gesture - and a fitting tribute to the Goalie.

As for the photo, I'm sure a more recent image could've been used.
9141827-MDnra-LQN.jpg

Great tribute by the club and, for those that want to have a moment of reflection, they know exactly where to look as The Goalie will always be remembered there.

Hard to take any positives from Andy’s passing but that is absolutely tremendous. What an incredible tribute and privilege for Andy.

Rangers legend Andy Goram’s ashes were buried under the Ibrox pitch in a ceremony held by his loved ones.

His remains were placed inches behind the centre of the goal line at the Copland Road stand in a private service.

It comes five weeks after Goram – nicknamed The Goalie – lost his battle with cancer, aged 58.

That's heartwarming.

Maybe or maybe not a silly question.

This is clearly a fitting tribute, but will the ashes be disturbed whenever the pitch is relaid?

No need for a keeper when we're defending that end, the goalie will be looking after things.

Great gesture and tribute by the club

Back