Andy Gray - “I’m not a fan of Morelos. He’s unreliable in big games"

It's really not self-explanatory. You're saying Rangers fans would prefer that Morelos scored one goal instead of two goals?

I am saying goals v teams like Killie in a league game or early Cup tie are utterly meh in the eyes of most Rangers fans.

You play up front for Rangers that's a given in most fans eyes

I am saying goals v teams like Killie in a league game or early Cup tie are utterly meh in the eyes of most Rangers fans.

Those goals wins leagues and trophies.

You take Morelos's contribution out of the equation last year in favour of a replacement-level forwards contribution, and Gerrard probably isn't here.

Those goals wins leagues and trophies.

You take Morelos's contribution out of the equation last year in favour of a replacement-level forwards contribution, and Gerrard probably isn't here.

That's a bit of a rewrite of a narrative you want to be true....

Ranger can find dudes who can score goals, it has happened shit loads during our history, it will happen again

A lot of that is par for the course for a Rangers forward.

Kilmarnock a big game for us...I would take a fair bit of convincing to buy into that in all honesty.

A big game for Rangers is Scottish Cup tie that helps lead the way to a trophy - Semi final, Final - and as much as some dismiss it a big game for Rangers is Celtic, that's just the brutal reality of it.

A lot more Rangers fans will buy into the idea of a goal against Celtic than goals against Killie.

We pay our players to the extent our big games extend a bit further than that.

The record you have referenced there is probably includes slightly less "big" goals than Kris Boyd scored for Rangers, Boyd is a player who is oft critiqued for his inability to score in big games.
Re Boyd, cup finals aren’t big games?

Well, perhaps we need a reality check then.
The goals that you score against teams like Kilmarnock will help us win the league,

Back