Andy gray

Watched the Chelsea v Southampton game this afternoon on BEin Sports. At half time Richard Keys mentioned a 2-0 win for us. Andy Gray then goes off on one for a couple of minutes talking about how we hammered them today.
That’s what made me post this thread lol

You learn who your friends are in adversity. Not in good times.
When did Andy last give us a good write up?
Folk are easily led.

That's your comment bud.
Exactly my comment. Tell me.
Look am pished. Drunk in delerium. One of the best in years. Only making the point being a bear is full time. Not just whrn things are going good. Hope that makes sense. I am arguing we with no chunt.

That's your comment bud.
Exactly my comment. Tell me.
Look am pished. Drunk in delerium. One of the best in years. Only making the point being a bear is full time. Not just whrn things are going good. Hope that makes sense. I am arguing we with no chunt.

You learn who your friends are in adversity. Not in good times.
Folk are easily led.
Andy Gray absolutely speaks Rangers up at EVERY opportunity including at our 140 celebrations where he invited those who said we were dead to look around you while pointing to ANOTHER packed Ibrox ,a moment I'll always remember at a time when we were very low.

Met him in the Glen Lusset a few years ago on old firm day and he was brilliant. Took the time to get pictures with everyone who wanted one and even joined in on 1 or 2 (of the more PC) songs.
Like you, I've previously met Andy Gray in the Glen Lusset. A guy I've always had a lot of time for, someone who doesn't hide his support for our club. When I was playing boys club football he would come along and do the presentation of prizes at the end of the season, despite playing in England at that time.

Always wished the club could find a role for Andy as his passion has never been in doubt.
Already has a great media presence (yes I know he totally screwed up at sky) but everyone deserves another chance in life.

Andy Gray NOT giving Gers a good write up you must be joking stayed in same street as him,played games with him with jumpers etc. as goal posts.His brothers William,James and Duncan also.
Got chance to talk with him and William in Louden last year and reminisce about those days when others from the street's names were brought up ALL staunch Gers fans.
Had through the years told my son stories about Andy qand his brothers and was glad when he mentioned them in exactly the way I had,and my son was proud when we both got some photos of us with Andy and William.
Can TOTALLY confirm his love of Rangers.

Andy Gray NOT giving Gers a good write up you must be joking stayed in same street as him,played games with him with jumpers etc. as goal posts.His brothers William,James and Duncan also.
Got chance to talk with him and William in Louden last year and reminisce about those days when others from the street's names were brought up ALL staunch Gers fans.
Had through the years told my son stories about Andy qand his brothers and was glad when he mentioned them in exactly the way I had,and my son was proud when we both got some photos of us with Andy and William.

Great to hear. Thanks for posting.

As a side issue. I heard there were no "Streets" in Drumchapel. Is this true?

Great to hear. Thanks for posting.

As a side issue. I heard there were no "Streets" in Drumchapel. Is this true?
Correct plenty of places,avenues,lanes etc. but no streets,Andy and mine's was Place(Lillyburn).
Just what you would expect from an ex-Drumchapel boy
Jake take it you were an Old Drummie boy,where from?.

Have already found my old school mate's brother on here.

He has always been a Rangers fan, right through from Lochgoin primary school.I went to a few games with him when he was 15 years old,he actually stopped playing football for a few months to be able to go to Ibrox. He wasn't a bad goalkeeper either

Last edited:
You what? I’ve genuinely never heard him speak bad of us, even when we were down the leagues he praised the fans
Take no notice mate. Andy has been a bluenose from childhood, he's as big a Rangers man as anyone, don't worry about that and there are a few on here can testify to that having known him from primary school, Lifeboys/Boys Brigade, secondary school.

Last edited:
J totally agree with you I went to Cleddans as for some strange reason one side of Lillyburn went there and the other to Lochgoin.
All went to Kingsridge though and many top players came from there,Andy,Danny McGrain,were the top two and others included Alex Miller,Gregor Stevens(Andy's mate)and to a lesser extent Sandy Cadell(Partick Thistle),Brian Thom(Hearts) and a possibly a few others I have forgotten after 52 years since leaving schoolWhen Andy was at Villa his brother Duncan borrowed my Gers scarf to go to Ibrox with Andy when both managed up,I would like it back Dunc,LOL.

J totally agree with you I went to Cleddans as for some strange reason one side of Lillyburn went there and the other to Lochgoin.
All went to Kingsridge though and many top players came from there,Andy,Danny McGrain,were the top two and others included Alex Miller,Gregor Stevens(Andy's mate)and to a lesser extent Sandy Cadell(Partick Thistle),Brian Thom(Hearts) and a possibly a few others I have forgotten after 52 years since leaving schoolWhen Andy was at Villa his brother Duncan borrowed my Gers scarf to go to Ibrox with Andy when both managed up,I would like it back Dunc,LOL.
I went to Cleddans, I played in the same Lifeboys// Boys Brigade team as Gray, 221st. My secondary school like yours was Kingsridge, it was probably the finest school in Scotland for producing players that turned Professional. I will know you.

Back