Andy gray

Still see wee Swoltz aw the time
Stevie I was home 3 years ago for my aunt's 70th. On the Friday night I was in the Lismore, Swolts walks in with John McDonald, I was talking to Archie Stoddard's brother, Swolts looks me straight in the face and never recognised me. This is someone who is a close mate all our lives, he even said do I know you. Ffs

Andy Gray NOT giving Gers a good write up you must be joking stayed in same street as him,played games with him with jumpers etc. as goal posts.His brothers William,James and Duncan also.
Got chance to talk with him and William in Louden last year and reminisce about those days when others from the street's names were brought up ALL staunch Gers fans.
Had through the years told my son stories about Andy qand his brothers and was glad when he mentioned them in exactly the way I had,and my son was proud when we both got some photos of us with Andy and William.
Can TOTALLY confirm his love of Rangers.
Andy was at School with some of my Cousin's .Did he come from Katewell ?

Stevie I was home 3 years ago for my aunt's 70th. On the Friday night I was in the Lismore, Swolts walks in with John McDonald, I was talking to Archie Stoddard's brother, Swolts looks me straight in the face and never recognised me. This is someone who is a close mate all our lives, he even said do I know you. Ffs
He probably thought he tapped ye.lol
Went tae Fir park wan .midweek game years ago, big polis went up tae swoltz and said are you walter Chalmers fae Drumchapel? Who me? NAW!!

Aye Winker. He stays in Faifley. There are 3brothers Henry,Johnny and Stevie. Mates of mine growing up.
I thought there was an Alan Watson too. They definitely had a sister Mary too. Foswell was quite a Tim street. We had Dennis and David Dunn, the Spence’s, the Mcbride’s etc. And always thought stevie Watson was a Ceptic supporter

I thought there was an Alan Watson too. They definitely had a sister Mary too. Foswell was quite a Tim street. We had Dennis and David Dunn, the Spence’s, the Mcbride’s etc. And always thought stevie Watson was a Ceptic supporter
Foswell was never a tim street in my days. Plentiful prods when I lived up the hill.

I knew them all, only Alan Watson out of that list that is a bluenose tht rest mentally challengeds

You learn who your friends are in adversity. Not in good times.
When did Andy last give us a good write up?
Folk are easily led.
We all know that FF hammer anyone that speaks against us or doesn’t speak up.
I can only imagine you think that Andy didn’t speak up a few years ago?

I'm 39 tomorrow and Andys been probably the most staunch bear in national sports media since I was a kid. I dont know how anybody can come to any other suggestion. Aye the banter years havent gave us much to crow about, but theres more danger of 'oor fergie' being a f**kwit & doommonger recently.

Just like Boyd, we need more like him in the MS media.
I hate the way ex players get slated on here. Boyd got hammered not that long ago for his comments. He’s never been untoward even if against us.
Great that our ex heroes are loved, but equally great they are allowed to speak the truth, even when we play poorly

He’s brilliant. As many have said he doesnt give subtle hints he’s a bear, or a little wry smirk. There’s no subtlety at all, Andy Gray full on nails his colours to the mast and lets everyone know he’s a bear each and every time.

hah most of the people on this thread will know my family from the hill, maw from moneymusk da from katewell
if youre on here da hows things :D

Wow. I've never seen that footage but was at the game. Little did we know the horrors that still awaited us. When we win 55 I think there will be the biggest outpouring of emotion known to mankind.
Thanks for posting.

Would love it if every single one of the players Even the pishyiest , from the time we were in the bottom division to us winning the league are paraded around The Ibrox track before the trophy presentation !

I kn
Eddie Hayes is a mate o mine.He lives in Montrose,has done for a lot o years.He was working down in London but job finished now working in Brum.Hes been over a few times to Doha with some other mates fae the Drum to see AG and play golf with him.AG and Eddie are Staunch.
I knew he lived in Montrose for years, that's where is wife is from. He was a good player when younger

I kn
I knew he lived in Montrose for years, that's where is wife is from. He was a good player when younger
He took me down to the Drum to show me where he lived,pointed out AG s house,Gregor stevens etc.We went into the boozer(can,t remember name)Some old guy says Is that you Eddie? I always thought you were a better player than big Gray.He was chuffed wi that.

He took me down to the Drum to show me where he lived,pointed out AG s house,Gregor stevens etc.We went into the boozer(can,t remember name)Some old guy says Is that you Eddie? I always thought you were a better player than big Gray.He was chuffed wi that.
He was a good player, many were surprised he was never picked up

Eddie Hayes is a mate o mine.He lives in Montrose,has done for a lot o years.He was working down in London but job finished now working in Brum.Hes been over a few times to Doha with some other mates fae the Drum to see AG and play golf with him.AG and Eddie are Staunch.
The reason I said that Eddie lives in London was when I was talking to Andy at the break in his gig at the Louden when we talked about the old neighbours and Andy said that,I have no knowledge of where anyone of the old Lillyburn lads now stay.

Check out Andys book Shades of Gray published many years ago.
Him and his brothers refused the green wrapped penguin out of the multipack.

He took me down to the Drum to show me where he lived,pointed out AG s house,Gregor stevens etc.We went into the boozer(can,t remember name)
The Boozers started with the Peel in Old Drumchapel Followed by the Linkwood(George McLean old Gers player),then the Butty(might be where you went with Eddie,next The Girnin Gates and finally The Golden Garter at the Hills Hotel.

The Boozers started with the Peel in Old Drumchapel Followed by the Linkwood(George McLean old Gers player),then the Butty(might be where you went with Eddie,next The Girnin Gates and finally The Golden Garter at the Hills Hotel.
He might have went into the Hillview, which is the old Tower Masonic hall in Lochgoin Avenue, more likely as they would be around the area

The reason I said that Eddie lives in London was when I was talking to Andy at the break in his gig at the Louden when we talked about the old neighbours and Andy said that,I have no knowledge of where anyone of the old Lillyburn lads now stay.
I met another guy offshore who played in same teams as Andy Gray and Eddie.Tam somebody.He went down to play with Shrewsbury when Harry Gregg was manager but was homesick.Eddie says he was a good player and was like a man when they were still boys.(hope that makes sense)

I met another guy offshore who played in same teams as Andy Gray and Eddie.Tam somebody.He went down to play with Shrewsbury when Harry Gregg was manager but was homesick.Eddie says he was a good player and was like a man when they were still boys.(hope that makes sense)
Jacky King

Last edited:
Sorry it wasn't Jake King, it was Tam Bryant, he was always a well built lad

Wee Denny. Madden was some player as well. Sadly passed away last year.
Never knew Denny Madden passed away, was a brilliant player but fucked up at Leicester when he was a young lad, was training with Morton in the early seventies when Jimmy Brand was playing for them.

Back