Andy Halliday and Barry Ferguson on Pedro

It is funny to hear but at the same time, doesn’t sit right with me hearing ex players slaughter an ex manager regardless of his failings

If it was a legend that played under Pedro and had a clash fair enough but whilst Pedro failed with us, Halliday wasn’t exactly a sensation for us either.

As I said, funny story but part of me doesn’t feel comfortable watching former players slag off a manager in that manner especially given how dignified Pedro has been since leaving

Total respect for any player who had him sussed from day one and were actively working to get him out ASAP.

This in spades.

"Nice guy who did his best" "It wasn't his fault he was out his depth". The chancer knew what he was doing from that first interview and didn't care if he ran the club into the ground. It was all about getting his own name in lights.

It's no doubt been a sore few weeks for the poster on here who still maintains that he would have done just as good a job as Gerrard if given time.

Just a point on Pedro ... yes he wasted millions on the Mexicans but that money will be recouped when we sell Morelos

“Ah but Morelos was a JJ signing” ... well he may have been recommended by JJ but Pedro was the man that sanctioned the signing and took the gamble on JJ’s word so ultimately he was a Pedro signing as much as some on here won’t like to admit

I've been hearing the Pedro stories that Halliday has told and find them funny and immediately after the sadness floods that we actually went there in the first place.

Such a bonkers appointment.
We were all praying that it was somehow going to work. There must be something we don't know about this great man that our board does know.

Had no argument when the scum fans slated him.

This in spades.

"Nice guy who did his best" "It wasn't his fault he was out his depth". The chancer knew what he was doing from that first interview and didn't care if he ran the club into the ground. It was all about getting his own name in lights.

It's no doubt been a sore few weeks for the poster on here who still maintains that he would have done just as good a job as Gerrard if given time.
Surely not? :D

The guy was a complete fraud and that was clear from the outset.

Just a point on Pedro ... yes he wasted millions on the Mexicans but that money will be recouped when we sell Morelos

“Ah but Morelos was a JJ signing” ... well he may have been recommended by JJ but Pedro was the man that sanctioned the signing and took the gamble on JJ’s word so ultimately he was a Pedro signing as much as some on here won’t like to admit

Right, because that's how football works. There's no damage done so long as you can one day recoup the money. Caixinha's lazy attempt at rebuilding didn't set the club back years at all.

List them, sunshine. Because no one individual was culpable.

Halliday never, ever, EVER hid.

What has hiding got to do with anything?

Let’s be honest, Halliday was ok for us in the championship but we’ll out of his depth in the SPL and was part of a team that took regular batterings from the bheasts.

He was part of some of the worst results we’ve had so let’s not rewrite history by pretending he was a great signing just because he didn’t hide.

If he wasn’t born on the Copland Road he wouldn’t have half of the defence put up for him by posters on here

Right, because that's how football works. There's no damage done so long as you can one day recoup the money. Caixinha's lazy attempt at rebuilding didn't set the club back years at all.

Don’t put words into my mouth.

One of the biggest criticisms of Pedro is the signings of Herrera and Pena. Fully justified.

But equally he was the manager who sanctioned the signing of a player that will likely go for a record selling fee for us

For the record, Pedro was a disaster for us and set us back a couple of years but I blame the board for that more than I do Pedro as they took the ridiculous and unnecessary gamble on him

But hearing ex players like Halliday who was part of countless embarrassments on the pitch, having a go and slagging him off - not for me. Halliday should take a look in the mirror before slagging anyone else off during that period

List them, sunshine. Because no one individual was culpable.

Halliday never, ever, EVER hid.

I never said he hid or was culpable as an individual , but he failed as part of Pedro’s set up, miserably in fact.

List them? I haven’t the time or the inclination but you only have to look at the greatest hits of Progres Neiderkorn and various 4/5 goal shaggings from that lot to back up my point. He was a cog in that machine and the machine failed, wether he hid or not. Laughing about it and referring to Pedro as “that c@nt” doesn’t sit well with me all things considered.

Sunshine.

What has hiding got to do with anything?

Let’s be honest, Halliday was ok for us in the championship but we’ll out of his depth in the SPL and was part of a team that took regular batterings from the bheasts.

He was part of some of the worst results we’ve had so let’s not rewrite history by pretending he was a great signing just because he didn’t hide.

If he wasn’t born on the Copland Road he wouldn’t have half of the defence put up for him by posters on here

"if the likes of Halliday could remember his own abject failures"

Teams fail, individuals do not. Thus, my point being that he never hid and always gave it his all.

It is funny to hear but at the same time, doesn’t sit right with me hearing ex players slaughter an ex manager regardless of his failings

If it was a legend that played under Pedro and had a clash fair enough but whilst Pedro failed with us, Halliday wasn’t exactly a sensation for us either.

As I said, funny story but part of me doesn’t feel comfortable watching former players slag off a manager in that manner especially given how dignified Pedro has been since leaving

Halliday was singled out by Pedro as a trouble maker, when Gerrard came in and pulled him aside and asked "I've been told this about you, but I'm not seeing it, what happened?!"

This board will be forever remembered for being saviours - I will also remember this shambles, the Mcinnes debacle and the shambles preceding it with Warburton and Weir. Rank amateurism at its finest.
Who in their right mind would listen to Pedro and think, YES! This is the guy to stop Brenda. Then hand him a cheque book.
I do agree that I would rather AH and BF leave the colourful language at the door, but its who they are and its no different to what you hear in the stands, and in the changing room.
Still would like to have seen BF in a coaching role at the club, regardless of some people’s opinions on his columns - he is honest and speaks his mind.

This in spades.

Nice guy that did his best, wasn't his fault he was out of his depth could easily be said about Andy Halliday to be honest.

Don’t put words into my mouth.

One of the biggest criticisms of Pedro is the signings of Herrera and Pena. Fully justified.

But equally he was the manager who sanctioned the signing of a player that will likely go for a record selling fee for us

Every manager makes dud signings but they 2 are down my list of Pedro’s failings with us.

5-1 at home was unacceptable and so was the European debacle.

I'm glad he didnt get job either tbh

Great player, great servant. I'd hate him to tarnish that due to him being a bog standard coach

This board will be forever remembered for being saviours - I will also remember this shambles, the Mcinnes debacle and the shambles preceding it with Warburton and Weir. Rank amateurism at its finest.
Who in their right mind would listen to Pedro and think, YES! This is the guy to stop Brenda. Then hand him a cheque book.
I do agree that I would rather AH and BF leave the colourful language at the door, but its who they are and its no different to what you hear in the stands, and in the changing room.
Still would like to have seen BF in a coaching role at the club, regardless of some people’s opinions on his columns - he is honest and speaks his mind.

What on earth has Barry shown to suggest he should be anywhere near our coaching setup?

Nice guy that did his best, wasn't his fault he was out of his depth could easily be said about Andy Halliday to be honest.
Halliday rarely let us down in all honesty. I cant really remember a game where I think “wtf was he doing? He is a joke”.
On the flip, I remember exactly that with Pedro - on his first game at HT! Lol

What on earth has Barry shown to suggest he should be anywhere near our coaching setup?
What had Gerrard shown?
SG got the job based on his growing reputation as a youth coach and his personality as well as achievements as a player.
BF has plenty of coaching experience with Blackpool, Fleetwood, Clyde and his current role. Experience doesnt demand a role, I get that argument but you could say same of Mccoist, Lovenkrands, Thomson, Vignal etc too.

"if the likes of Halliday could remember his own abject failures"

Teams fail, individuals do not. Thus, my point being that he never hid and always gave it his all.

It’s a team sport, it’s not Andy Halliday vs Celtic. The team failed l, he was part of that team. He failed.

I’m not deliberately going in on Halliday btw I’d have said the same had it been any of that squad making these comments.

This in spades.

The Pedro Loyal. Defended him to the death, yet the same people wanted Gerrard chased from us only a matter of months ago.

We really do have some strange ones amongst us.

What had Gerrard shown?
SG got the job based on his growing reputation as a youth coach and his personality as well as achievements as a player.
BF has plenty of coaching experience with Blackpool, Fleetwood, Clyde and his current role. Experience doesnt demand a role, I get that argument but you could say same of Mccoist, Lovenkrands, Thomson, Vignal etc too.

Barry is actually meant to be a decent coach. Know some guys who played under him previously and they spoke highly of him.

These people sit laughing that the manager doesn't know what he's doing whilst appearing oblivious to the fact that this manager thinks they are the ones good enough to bring success back to Rangers.

If Halliday had been more concerned about improving his own game so the Celtic fans wouldn't be laughing at him and chanting his name rather than laughing at the manager he might have done better.

That little clique within that dressing room needed gutted and now that it has been we are starting to see a bit more success.

I've been hearing the Pedro stories that Halliday has told and find them funny and immediately after the sadness floods that we actually went there in the first place.

Such a bonkers appointment.
The fact that no one lost their job over that shambles (and the subsequent McInnes and Murty debacles) is even more bonkers.

How anyone thought that clown - the sort of manager someone like Motherwell or Kilmarnock would appoint - was a fitting addition to the illustrious managerial history of our club beggars belief quite frankly.

No problem with any of that.

Seemed like a nice guy, but most knew early doors it wasn't going to work. If Ferguson and the players knew it just by initial meetings then they are entitled to say it.

These people sit laughing that the manager doesn't know what he's doing whilst appearing oblivious to the fact that this manager thinks they are the ones good enough to bring success back to Rangers.

If Halliday had been more concerned about improving his own game so the Celtic fans wouldn't be laughing at him and chanting his name rather than laughing at the manager he might have done better.

That little clique within that dressing room needed gutted and now that it has been we are starting to see a bit more success.
That was a different manager ....

I'll say this, that clip right there is why Ferguson should never ever be near our club in coaching capacity.

A guy who cannot be trusted.
I dont follow your thinking... can you explain a bit more please? (Not being sarcastic I am genuinely intrigued)

What had Gerrard shown?

Gerrard wasn’t a ned at Liverpool who got stripped of the captaincy not once but twice.

Gerrard wasn’t a ned at Liverpool who got stripped of the captaincy not once but twice.
You didnt talk about that, you spoke about his coaching ability? Plenty of managers have made mistakes as players - that shouldnt be used as a stick to beat them with. Rather look at it as a learning curve that he can then utilise. the scotland issue aside, the LeGuen debacle he was completely right IMO.

I dont follow your thinking... can you explain a bit more please? (Not being sarcastic I am genuinely intrigued)

Not for the first time and it won't be the last time he's shown he can't keep his mouth shut when it comes to club matters.

"Ahm glad a never goat it" Aye, no bother Barry. That's why you were in the papers days after it greeting about not getting the job.

As for Halliday, deserves credit for his turnaround under Gerrard but let's not forget him and a sizeable chunk of the dressing room chucked it towards the end of the 16/17 season. Their performance in 1-5 humping at Ibrox was a perfect example of this.

We need to remember that Pedro didn’t appoint himself. Mibbee there’s some others who could take a bit of responsibility for the debacle that was his time at Ibrox.

And I have to say that Ferguson was a bit of a shit himself during the PLG days.
Rightly so!
Le Guen was another that simply didnt get “it” about Rangers, or Scottish football.

Not for the first time and it won't be the last time he's shown he can't keep his mouth shut when it comes to club matters.

"Ahm glad a never goat it" Aye, no bother Barry. That's why you were in the papers days after it greeting about not getting the job.

As for Halliday, deserves credit for his turnaround under Gerrard but let's not forget him and a sizeable chunk of the dressing room chucked it towards the end of the 16/17 season. Their performance in 1-5 humping at Ibrox was a perfect example of this.
Well with retrospect, I think he would be glad he didnt get it? Would you want to be associated with the Portuguese Pretender?

It's pretty well known that Ferguson was leaking a lot of info during the Le Guen fiasco.

And looking at this the story Halliday refers to certainly wouldn't have came from Caixinha.

As magnificent a player Barry was for Rangers he does not have the right mentality for an authoritarian role within the club, it is blatantly obvious.

Halliday rarely let us down in all honesty. I cant really remember a game where I think “wtf was he doing? He is a joke”.
On the flip, I remember exactly that with Pedro - on his first game at HT! Lol

Lol again, you’re letting Halliday’s love for the club cloud your judgement

He had many howlers with us. The mentally challengeds were singing his name at the piggery ffs during a game with us.

Back