Andy Halliday and Barry Ferguson on Pedro

This thread, on a forum where there is a sticky regarding personal abuse directed at players because it got so bad, is hilarious.

Go outside and get some fresh air. Absolute maniacs.

41 pages or whatever about the "Sonia latest"

Then the same guys have the cheek to accuse others of lacking class :D

Reactions: MSF
Clearly not watched him on Open Goal. He has been class so far and said it as he sees it. Some would rather he was a Rangers cheerleader though so maybe he is talking shite.
The same people that slate Sutton and Hartson for being cheerleaders as well... oh the irony.

Actually he did do that, and ended up putting in a MOTM display in our first win over them in ages.

Pedro couldve played the Tims 100 times and lost every single one, however.

Your first sentence I completely disagree with. Andy Halliday was never man of the match in that game at Ibrox.

Sentence 2 I agree with on the presumption that Pedro was picking them same players that needed shown the door. The Tims in those days had players and a squad who fought for each other. We had a "captain" who sat smirking on the bench when the Celtic captain was in the face of a Rangers manager.

Even if those players had been good enough (which they weren't) their attitude was stinking (as the OP proved) and on that reason alone we were going nowhere.

Last edited:
The same people that slate Sutton and Hartson for being cheerleaders as well... oh the irony.
There is a big difference between being a cheerleader, total bullshitter and the sort of shite Halliday and Ferguson were spouting.

Listen I have no problem at all with people expressing their opinion on Rangers or individuals connected to Rangers that is fair enough whether that opinion be positive or negative, We all have opinions that is fine.

I stand by what I said though. Ex players of Rangers slating ex managers as c.unts and f.annies is bang out of order and not acceptable.

Each to their own though.

A lot of revision going on about Halliday recently.

Pedro was a disaster, no doubt about it.

Murty was an even bigger disaster IMO.

Halliday was a disaster of a player for us as well, you could count on one hand the amount of good performances from him in the top division.

Ferguson, legend as a player but only the simple would think him being a coach at Ibrox was a good idea.
If Halliday wasn't a Rangers supporter he would have been getting dogs abuse like the rest of them were over his first 3 years at the club.

There is a big difference between being a cheerleader, total bullshitter and the sort of shite Halliday and Ferguson were spouting.

Listen I have no problem at all with people expressing their opinion on Rangers or individuals connected to Rangers that is fair enough whether that opinion be positive or negative, We all have opinions that is fine.

I stand by what I said though. Ex players of Rangers slating ex managers as c.unts and f.annies is bang out of order and not acceptable.

Each to their own though.
Its the language that these guys use, in their day to day life, and thats what the show is - its niche and thats why its popular.

The 3 sniggering bheggars absolutely slaughtered the current Celtic manager.

Difference is, 2 of them were only youth players at the piggery and Kyle actually played for us despite supporting them.

Barry Ferguson was a former club captain at Rangers and Halliday was a prominent member of our squad for 3/4 years so there is a slight difference.

One of the biggest questions is - how the f.uck did the Polster's get on with Halliday's accent? Did they just nod and smile politely everytime him and his bird spoke?! o_O :D

The Ferguson hate wank-fest love-in on here is absolutely laughable, if you actually watched the rest of the podcast instead of a 2 minute clip you'd see the amount of praise he was giving us for the win on Saturday. People on here absolutely foaming at the mouth to spin anything about Barry as negative

Pedro was a disaster right from the start. Without doubt our current boards biggest failure. I don't need Barry Ferguson & Andy Halliday to tell me.

The only reason people think it is neddy behaviour is because they are 2 Glasgow boys from working class backgrounds. If it had been Wes Foderingham, for example, that was sat there then the word ned wouldn't even be mentioned. Whether or not people would still find it acceptable behaviour is another matter. I'll maybe be able to laugh about it more when we've finally got a league title to celebrate.

Durrant is hardly eloquent, Ian Ferguson, Derek Ferguson, Alan Hutton, Steven Naismith, John Fleck, Barrie Mckay, Allan Mcgregor......

All swear and use slang terms regularly dependent on the company that they are in and the situation.

Thats the theme of that podcast - the guests are real, its not club duty media that they have to speak proper English etc - its the way that they talk to their mates.
Point took, but you still can have a laugh without swearing.

Halliday rarely let us down in all honesty. I cant really remember a game where I think “wtf was he doing? He is a joke”.
On the flip, I remember exactly that with Pedro - on his first game at HT! Lol

I wanted him gone in Luxembourg, he cost us fortunes for the Mexicans and wedge in possible Europa cash. A poor, poor choice and alongside the failure to win promotion from The Championship at the first time of asking massively contributed to celtc having free run at CL and the leagues .

it is what it is though.

Don’t put words into my mouth.

One of the biggest criticisms of Pedro is the signings of Herrera and Pena. Fully justified.

But equally he was the manager who sanctioned the signing of a player that will likely go for a record selling fee for us

I find it very difficult to give any credit to Caixinha for the signing of Morelos - how much influence do you think he actually had over it?

I give him credit for Candeias, and that's probably about it.

Halliday rarely let us down in all honesty. I cant really remember a game where I think “wtf was he doing? He is a joke”.
On the flip, I remember exactly that with Pedro - on his first game at HT! Lol

Halliday being retained and managing to be part of Gerrard's first couple of years where we have improve massively and had some big nights like Vienna at Ibrox where Halliday played or the Ryan Jack OF game have healed some of the wounds but I very much remember Halliday having some nightmares for us.

He lost the ball in midfield at that 4-0 drubbing at Tynecastle for the 2nd or 3rd goal (Foderingham equally to blame) and looked so off being a Rangers player it was untrue.

There's a host of other incidents like that.

However, I like Halliday. He played for us in some massive games and the shit show that we found ourselves in in the middle of his career with us wasn't his fault.

Pedro didn't manage a single game at Easter Road or Tynecastle, won 3-0 at Pittodrie, and lost a Scottish Cup SF against Celtic at Parkhead (2-0), and that's it as far as difficult away venues go. Could also talk about a 0-0 draw at Rugby Park but he's not the first nor loss manager to go there and come away with a point.

In fact, Pedro's record away from home in the league was 7 wins, 2 draws. 0 losses.
It was his home record that really did him in - 4 wins, 3 draws, 4 losses.

And of course one big loss in the Europa league.

So really Barry you should be asking the question why we didn't do the same thing at home as we did away, rather than laughing at him for playing the same way away - it should have been the other way around!

Last edited:
I wanted him gone in Luxembourg, he cost us fortunes for the Mexicans and wedge in possible Europa cash. A poor, poor choice and alongside the failure to win promotion from The Championship at the first time of asking massively contributed to celtc having free run at CL and the leagues .

it is what it is though.
Even aside from financial aspect of losing the Europa League match - Rangers should never have been beaten by that team. It was a disgracful result.

That said, at the time I was up for giving him more time but I tend to be too forgiving a lot of the time.

There's been a 'loyal' for nearly every failure since 2012 peppered with 2 absolute crooks:

McCoist
Whyte
Green (he had hero status)
Warburton (bigger than 1D at their height)
Pedro
Murty
....and as he's the subject of the thread, Halliday.

irony being the original remark came from a member of the Waburton/Windass/Murty loyal and one of the “punt Morelos and get Cumdog in” gang. It’s hard to mock other supporters when they’ve firmly backed such losers in the past and gotten it so badly wrong.

As someone else said, not one person is backing Halliday over Pedro, not one. Rather they’re acknowledging that going on a podcast to talk about him in that sort of manner isn’t the classiest thing to do. But once the hard of thinking have made their mind up on something they rarely budge, and thus I suspect they’ll continue to question how anyone could side with a dud manager over Halliday, who wasn’t exactly a success himself here. I can’t really imagine winners like McCoist and Gough going on to talk about someone in that sort of fashion but then perhaps it’s a generational thing.

Labelling ex managers as fannies and clueless isn't speaking like a ned?

Ffs Ferguson is a treble winning Rangers captain and Halliday is just out the door 2 minutes.

Could you imagine any other ex Rangers players going on podcasts and radio phone ins speaking like that about the managers they played under ?

And Ferguson wonders why he can't get a coaching gig anywhere half decent....
Pedro was a fanny but

Halliday probably shouldn’t have used the C word but I don’t think he meant to offend anyone.

I can’t believe some of the stuff written on here about 2 Rangers fans lucky enough to play for the club.
Imagine the outcry had it been the other way and it was Pedro who called Halliday the C word. Still that won’t happen as he has the class and dignity to not lower himself to that level. Maybe the worst manager we had but not once has he badmouthed the club.

I dunno, it's just a couple of guys talking about a former manager. Plenty will have said worse about a manager they have had in their career.
I dont expect former Rangers players to act like jobbers or tims after they leave the club in regards to former managers.

Particularly ones who let the club down on and off the park when they were there....

I like Halliday and appreciate the personal animus he has with Pedro - don’t we all - but a bit of decorum required.

As for Ferguson, well, there’s a reason he is in lower league football even after Gerrard arrived.

Imagine the outcry had it been the other way and it was Pedro who called Halliday the C word. Still that won’t happen as he has the class and dignity to not lower himself to that level. Maybe the worst manager we had but not once has he badmouthed the club.
Pedro is a cznt, an absolute cxnt. But thats not the context Halliday was using the word in, although he should have.

Quite a lot of people come on here and get offended about the language used, the type of conversations & the patter on Open Goal. Quite simply, dont fecking watch it. Its a “lads in the pub” type podcast with decent guys who have a laugh. Thats why its successful, because most folk in Glasgow relate to it.

People trying to pretend Halliday calling Pedro a cxnt in an almost vicious manner are at it. Twisting bastards who should get a job in the DR.

I find it very difficult to give any credit to Caixinha for the signing of Morelos - how much influence do you think he actually had over it?

I give him credit for Candeias, and that's probably about it.

Well he’s the manager so he’s the man that has the final say with regards to signings therefore if it wasn’t for him telling the board to sign him, he wouldn’t be here

Again, another example of a poster picking and choosing which signings to credit him with

Candeias, Morelos and I think he signed Jack as well, are the 3 for me.

I honestly cannot imagine being the type of person so devoid of any fun or joy in your life that you take an episode of Open Goal so fucking seriously.

Every guest tells stories about ex managers/teammates.

Di Canio and Gravesen are two in particular that have had a fair amount of stories told about them that don’t paint the best picture of their personalities.

Who honestly gives a fuck about how anyone perceives Pedro Caixinha at this stage anyway?

The guy is nothing more than an unfortunate footnote in our history.

Possibly because like most sacked managers he will have signed a confidentiality agreement to get his cash meaning he can’t bad mouth the club, even if he wanted to.

The story about his goalkeeping coaching turning up without owning a pair of goalkeeping gloves is a good one.

It’s crazy that players could work our very early he didn’t get it but those who made the decision couldn’t - anyway things are looking rosier now shame it took a bit of cash and slowed our return to where we should be.

I honestly cannot imagine being the type of person so devoid of any fun or joy in your life that you take an episode of Open Goal so fucking seriously.

Every guest tells stories about ex managers/teammates.

Di Canio and Gravesen are two in particular that have had a fair amount of stories told about them that don’t paint the best picture of their personalities.

Who honestly gives a fuck about how anyone perceives Pedro Caixinha at this stage anyway?

The guy is nothing more than an unfortunate footnote in our history.

100% this.

Back