Andy Halliday if Hearts win the Scottish Cup

What would you say if we had beaten Hearts and were the ones playing today. You think Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts would be happy with the competition just ending?
It wouldn't have ended in a final during season 20-21 had it been us rather than the poets.
Are we that naive?

Last edited:
We wanted the season played to a close though.

I genuinely believe the competition should have been voided when the decision to the end the league was made whether we had beaten hearts or not.
So we wanted the season to be played out but not the Cup......? Why?

Hes doing okay hes a very limited footballer truth be told but he will do a job for them.

This very limited footballer line that gets trotted out is a myth. He’s a very good footballer who just happens to fall short of what we require.

He has the ability in him to bang in some very accurate shots from distance and has a good range of passing. That’s not the traits of a very limited footballer. He is technically sound as well.

Gary Kenneth was a very limited footballer, Ross Tokely was a very limited footballer. Andy Halliday is nothing of the sort. Very limited footballers don’t play over 150 games for Rangers.

He’d be an automatic first pick for every team in the Premiership apart from us and the scum.

Last edited:
Fair enough.

At least they played their league to a conclusion rather than prioritising a domestic cup.
La Liga started back on the 11th June - 1st day Scottish Premiership clubs could even start training again - finished on 19th July still had time to play Spanish Cup Final if they wanted but I posted the reason why they haven't to date

Timescales were against us in truth had we been training in May then we could have finished the League season

Similar situation with Jonny Hayes tomorrow started the competition off with Celtic but will playing against them tomorrow.

This is supposed to be a continuation of the 19/20 Scottish cup but is being played under completely different rules to previous rounds when it comes to players being cup tied.

Utter farce.

The SFAs original excuse to continue this farce of a tournament was the hope that fans will be allowed back in, and now fans aren’t allowed back in for the foreseeable, and with all the actual rules about cup tied players and players who potentially could be playing in multiple squads by the time of the final, what is the actual reason for this tournament to continue?

there’s almost zero financial reward for all parties, so why bother playing it if there is no actual benefit for any club, other than the obvious manky east end club?

Posted in the other thread, if the tims get to the final Gordon could be entitled to two medals
Ah that would be why I saw him with a t-shirt at Auchinhowie while we were giving him free rehab. On the front; Roses are red, Violets are blue, on the back I'm a scitso and so am I

Similar situation with Jonny Hayes tomorrow started the competition off with Celtic but will playing against them tomorrow.

This is supposed to be a continuation of the 19/20 Scottish cup but is being played under completely different rules to previous rounds when it comes to players being cup tied.

Utter farce.

Was going to post this also, Hayes is a ridiculous anomaly. Played twice for the stinkies in the cup yet will end up playing against them tomorrow

Who cares, we got beat anyway. Let’s focus on our game and things we can control.

I suspect it’s more to do with tv and sponsorship contracts and how much the SFA would have to pay back if they can’t deliver
The repayments would only be a fraction of what the SPFL were quite happy to accept, by ending the season unnecessarily.

This very limited footballer line that gets trotted out is a myth. He’s a very good footballer who just happens to fall short of what we require.

He has the ability in him to bang in some very accurate shots from distance and has a good range of passing. That’s not the traits of a very limited footballer. He is technically sound as well.

Gary Kenneth was a very limited footballer, Ross Tokely was a very limited footballer. Andy Halliday is nothing of the sort. Very limited footballers don’t play over 150 games for Rangers.

He’d be an automatic first pick for every team in the Premiership apart from us and the scum.

Well ill have to agree to disagree, now I like Andy as much as the next bear the boy has lived out the rangers dream and he gave his all for us but let's be quite honest for a second, a "very good footballer" he ain't.

Thread title like that. 76 replies and not a dancing bear gif in sight. What's this forum coming to? :)

Cup what cup .Couldn't care less about it but would love to see our Andy going up to get a winners medal .I' ve a feeling the sheepies will dump the scum tomorrow too and lego eating someones elbow would add to the entertainment somewhat ,not that i'll be looking at it

Competition is a complete farce and only being played to a conclusion for the satisfaction of one club.

A disgrace.

And that club IF they get through to the final and do a legia Warsaw complaint to their bumchums at the sfa to give them the cup by default.

Ye can guarantee it.

Ideal scenario would be hearts beating them in the final. I would be quite happy for that lot to win tomorrow then drop another match behind us when the final is played.
A lot of people say that, but losing a Hampden semi final right now would hurt them psychologically and do more damage than making it to the final and losing later on. A win today will help them get back on track, it's better for us if they are feeling fragile going into the Hibs match.

If against Celtic hopefully he scores the winner
If against Aberdeen I don’t care

Don't know if this has been covered anywhere but as Hearts are now in what is last season's Scottish Cup final, Andy Halliday could win the Scottish Cup for the team that put his former team out of the same competition in the previous round.

I'd imagine due to players usually being Cup tied this would be a first?

Sort of makes more of a farce of it being completed now when the league was deemed not possible.
RoqvkD4.gif

That was the SPFL. Different organisation. Different contracts
You can't actually believe this competition is still going for any other reason than the filths treble?

It's the same people making the decisions.

Good luck to Andy in the final. I just want the sheep to put the filth out to end this f.ucking farce of a cup run. I have never seen anything like it in my lifetime playing a competition 6/7 months after the season has been cancelled. We all know the reason behind it so get the f.uckers out please. Ive heard enough about this joke of a quadruple treble. Awarding the lge by corrupt vote and email now this farce. Its the biggest joke in world football. Fact.

He's not even a first choice for hearts. Came off the bench last week due to injury.
Leaving aside sentiment he's an ordinary player.

He's not even a first choice for hearts. Came off the bench last week due to injury.

Mate he’s had about 3 weeks worth of training in 6-9 months. Once fully fit he will be an automatic first start for Hearts.

He started the Scottish Cup Semi Final last night :rolleyes:

Don't know if this has been covered anywhere but as Hearts are now in what is last season's Scottish Cup final, Andy Halliday could win the Scottish Cup for the team that put his former team out of the same competition in the previous round.

I'd imagine due to players usually being Cup tied this would be a first?

Sort of makes more of a farce of it being completed now when the league was deemed not possible.
All done to aid one club and we all know which one it was

Maybe not.he has a point to prove for the dhims not giving him the two year deal he wanted. Show them what theyre missing
I'd agree. They treated him terribly and he his head and shoulders above his replacements.

Players don't really appear to have much of a lasting relationship with Lennon

Harsh in the extreme.

He just started a semi final against their biggest rivals so also absolute nonsense

It means nothing, however my ideal conclusion is that the tims get beat after extra - time and on penalties today.
Through in a couple of injuries and a sending off and i will be happy tonight.

Back