Andy Halliday - Open Goal Interview

I have a lot of tune for Si Ferry I love his banter

I think he's very underrated by many.

He's been there & done it, albeit at a lower level, but this coupled with the fact he's funny & outgoing means he gets the very best stories out of players as they open up more to him.

It can't be easy interviewing folk & perhaps that's why it sometimes seems a bit rigid when fans or journos are asking the questions as they don't have the same background or outgoing personality.

One of The best things about Ferry is he doenst blame anyone for the level he played at, he knows he didn’t commit as much as he could have and doesn’t seem to hold the bitterness a lot of professionals have if they don’t play at the very top. Add that he has been around and knows a lotta players, it’s very easy for him to throw knowledge in and brings stories out of guys.

Listened to this over the course of the week and really enjoyed it. Andy comes across really well and some of the stories are brilliant

I think he's very underrated by many.

He's been there & done it, albeit at a lower level, but this coupled with the fact he's funny & outgoing means he gets the very best stories out of players as they open up more to him.

It can't be easy interviewing folk & perhaps that's why it sometimes seems a bit rigid when fans or journos are asking the questions as they don't have the same background or outgoing personality.

Enjoyed him on this, some good stories and speaks highly of Kevin Thomson

Just caught up with this on YouTube and my respect for Andy halliday has soared as a result. Total professional and handled his departure with such dignity. I hope that he goes on to find a good club and has a successful career.

One criticism of Halliday is that in his two interviews I’ve heard he doesn’t acknowledge the skyne boys club, we practically made him who he is :))

On the subject of Andy Halliday I just watched the Heart & Hand interview on YouTube. Was anyone else surprised by what Steven Harrigan looked like? I thought he was a pensioner with that voice!

I nearly dropped my pint at the louden live show when I spotted him.

Really enjoyed that. If I lasted the full 2 hours it must have been decent. Very interesting Pedro turned out to be a complete fraud. Really makes you wonder who made the call to hire him.

Really enjoyed that. If I lasted the full 2 hours it must have been decent. Very interesting Pedro turned out to be a complete fraud. Really makes you wonder who made the call to hire him.
Graham Park.

One too many costly football mistakes from the executives. Hence why we now have a DOF.

Just finished this, an absolutely great watch and listen, some really funny stuff.

The story of Barry Ferguson and Matt Gilks argument at Blackpool was funny but won't do Barry's managerial career much good! Also made me remember that Gilks was at Ibrox for a while, which I'd completely forgotten about.

Back