Andy Halliday - Thank you and goodbye

In 40+ years of followings our club my favourite players have always been supporters as well as players, Andy is one of them. They get it and that means loads to me!! Only one who gets in who wasn’t a fan was Laudrup, just a genius who gave us all amazing memories.

Played like a man possessed against that lot. Would’ve loved him to stay & I’m sure he’s absolutely gutted

He has shown massive character in his Rangers career. From some unnecessary abuse from the stands. To being hooked before half time in an old firm with 22000 mentally challengeds cheering and singing your name - he came back strongly from this and lived our dream. Playing for rangers, captaining rangers and scoring at Ibrox.

Good luck for the future Andy and no surrender.

You done yourself and your family proud Andy, well done. Cheers for the hard graft and the never say die attitude, all the the best. WATP

99% of the responses mirror my feelings - sad to see Andy go yet the over riding emotion is gratitude in his contribution and importantly the way he conducted himself through good and bad times. The way he clawed his way back to prove himself worthy of being a Ranger after being thrown into the wilderness epitomizes the character of those few that get to wear the Rangers jersey. I'll always hold him in high regard and as others have said welcome back anytime (in particular when we get those league and cup trophies back at Ibrox where they belong). All the best, thank you Andy Halliday and good luck with the future. One of the good yins.

Thank you Andy for showing the younger bears that with the right attitude, ability and determination you can achieve your dream. And for us older bears thank you for living our dream for us.

It’s all been said already; he lived our dream and, what’s more, it showed. He came back from being humiliated and having his name ironically chanted by the scum across the city to THAT tackle that set the tone for the game at Ibrox at the end of 2018.

Best of luck to him wherever he goes. He will always, always be one of us. In every sense of the phrase.

Gutted for Andy.
A true blue in every sense and one of our own who lived the dream and wore our coveted jersey bursting with pride.
Thank you for giving your all Andy and I wish you all the very best for the rest of your career.

Lived every boys dream got to play,captain and score for the club he loved all the beat for future andy

Goos luck in the future. He lived our dream but not good enough to be kept on. There is no room for sentiment in the coming season.

A bluenose who got to fulfil his dream, brilliant. If all the squad had his attitude and also the determination he showed to come back from the shit he got, we would be in far better shape. Not a world beater but gave his all and let others in the dressing room know what it means to wear the jersey.

Good luck for the future Andy Halliday.

I used to sit in my classroom on top floor of Bellahouston Academy and i could see the union flag flying proudly above the Rangers FC sign atop of our beautiful main stand. I would daydream of playing for my team one day and think of the Saturday or Wednesday when I'd be next there cheering them on. I never fulfilled this dream but i can imagine that it was similar to the dream that local lad Andy Halliday had. We all managed to live our dreams through players like Andy and Ian Durrant who knew exactly what it meant to pull on that blue jersey. Thanks for your service Andy and good luck to you in the future.

All the best for the future Andy,you lived the dream.scored against the Tim's in the penalty shoot out,would be up there as a highlight.hearing his name being chanted all round the stadium as we were beating them.we can only dream of things like that.still can't forgive Murty for humiliating him at Hampden.
No Surrender Andy,we are and always will be the people

Will always remember that early tackle in that one nil victory over the filth at Ibrox
Thanks Andy haliday and good luck

Wish he could have been with us for 55. Scored some brilliant goals in his time, always gave his all. If he had been older he could have continued being more of a bit part player whilst also coaching for us.

Thank you Andy, you gave us some epic moments in the 5 years you gave the team.

Wish you all the best, I hope you're close by when 55 arrives.

A man that the refereeing cabal sent off for celebrating a goal.

Thank you for your service Andy - you wore the jersey of the club you love.

b2e273fc2f3593eca4993a199df408e4_crop_exact.jpg

A good example of what it takes to fill the Rangers jersey and a good man.

Thank you Mr Halliday and best wishes for the future

99% of the responses mirror my feelings - sad to see Andy go yet the over riding emotion is gratitude in his contribution and importantly the way he conducted himself through good and bad times. The way he clawed his way back to prove himself worthy of being a Ranger after being thrown into the wilderness epitomizes the character of those few that get to wear the Rangers jersey. I'll always hold him in high regard and as others have said welcome back anytime (in particular when we get those league and cup trophies back at Ibrox where they belong). All the best, thank you Andy Halliday and good luck with the future. One of the good yins.
[/QU
Great text, said everything

Back