Andy Halliday - Thank you and goodbye

Good luck to Andy. Always gave his all for us. If some of our better players had the same application over the last two seasons we’d have won stuff.

He’s one of the good guys, that’s for sure. He was the right man at the right time when we needed some blue blood a few years ago. I will follow Andy’s career with interest.

Got to do what all of us dream of doing, and never took it for granted.

Would have been nice if he could have left with a top flight medal, but it wasn't to be.

All the best for the future.

Loved watching the commitment and passion from Holt and Halliday. Wes was the best keeper we benched after re-signing Greegs. All the best to them.

The debut goal at Easter Road, the strike in the Scottish cup final, the early tackle to set the tone for an Old Firm win.

I’ve plenty of great memories of watching Halliday play for us but I think his performance away to Maribor in what was a vital & tense game is actually the one at which I felt most proud.

He was expected to be the weakest link in our side in that match, we thought it, they knew it, but he stood up to it admirably.

Thank you, Andy.

One of my favourite players, i'll be sad to see him go.

Still watch his singing in with the UBs from time to time. Still get shivers when i watch it.

Good luck for the future Andy.

He can be proud of his playing stats at Ibrox after returning from his loan spell. In 46 appearances, including as a sub, he walked off the pitch only twice on the losing side. (both to bheast fc unfortunately).

That is a shame, even to have him in the dressing room, but it is what it is. He lived the dream. Good luck to him in the future. One of our own for definite and will be missed

I'll always remember him for taking one in the baws on the line to protect our 1-0 lead against them December 2018, what a man, true Ranger

No Surrender Andy Halliday
tenor.gif

Proud of his British Protestant heritage and not afraid to show it - a true Ranger who lived his dream. Not the most talented, but few were more committed. God bless you Andy and good luck in the future.

One of the only squad players we should be keeping imo, goes with my best wishes for the future, wouldnt surprise me to see Aberdeen, Hibs Motherwell etc sniffing about. Hopefully he goes to England or Abroad and earns himself a decent wedge for the rest of his career.

Good luck Andy Halliday I’m sorry to see you go, in my opinion we need a good foundation of Rangers men in our squad and you fit the bill. One of a handful of players we have had in the last few years that would have ran through a brick wall for the jersey. Your tackle in the game v the sty dwellers last season will live long in the memories of many of us. You will be missed.

A good guy it would seem, and a right good bear, we wish him well but sentiment has no place in football, our first 11 was a match for them on the pitch as was proven by our performances against them, however our replacements if we had a few injuries weren't of the required quality, so thank you Andy and the rest but we move onward and upwards hopefully. K

Standing ovation.

Best memory: you and Gerrard jumpin about like giddy schoolgirls after a euro win! We were all there with you mate.

Did your bit to bring us back where we belong. Welcome back any time, just not neccisarily in the playing squad! Lol

Wish the boy all the best but let’s be honest he was sh***, The fact that fans of other teams are gutted he’s leaving shows how bad he was.... but folk will ignore that cause “he one of our own” so people buzz cause he had a few tackle against Celtic players... oh wow!! Need players with quality at Rangers to win us trophies and he was no where near that quality. Need a team of winners!!

Last edited:
Wish the boy all the best but let’s be honest he was sh*** ‍♂ Only reason he was at the club for so long was cause MW gave him a new 4 year deal earning silly money after promotion from championship (same with Holt) so we struggled to get rid of. The fact that fans of other teams are gutted he’s leaving shows how bad he was.... but folk will ignore that cause “he one of our own” so is OrangeBunnet, RangersSanta and EDL Abdul but you wouldn’t have them playing for us people buzz cause he had a few tackle against Celtic players... oh wow!! Need players with quality at Rangers to win us trophies and he was no where near that quality. Problem in past few seasons is signing A lot boyhood rangers fans who clearly were never good enough Dorrans, Murphy, Halliday, Holt, Stewart, McCauley, Forrester etc... if they “all knew what it meant” like folk keep saying they wouldn’t of put in so many poor performances over recent years. Need a team of winners!!

Harry Forrester grew up a Rangers fan ??

Back