Andy Halliday - Thank you and goodbye

Wish the boy all the best but let’s be honest he was sh*** ‍♂ Only reason he was at the club for so long was cause MW gave him a new 4 year deal earning silly money after promotion from championship (same with Holt) so we struggled to get rid of. The fact that fans of other teams are gutted he’s leaving shows how bad he was.... but folk will ignore that cause “he one of our own” so is OrangeBunnet, RangersSanta and EDL Abdul but you wouldn’t have them playing for us people buzz cause he had a few tackle against Celtic players... oh wow!! Need players with quality at Rangers to win us trophies and he was no where near that quality. Problem in past few seasons is signing A lot boyhood rangers fans who clearly were never good enough Dorrans, Murphy, Halliday, Holt, Stewart, McCauley, Forrester etc... if they “all knew what it meant” like folk keep saying they wouldn’t of put in so many poor performances over recent years. Need a team of winners!!
Struggling to see why Orange bunnet, Rangers santa and that wee fanny Abdul are mentioned.

Also everyone knows we need better people are just wishing a Rangers supporter all the best for the future.

Wish the boy all the best but let’s be honest he was sh*** ‍♂ Only reason he was at the club for so long was cause MW gave him a new 4 year deal earning silly money after promotion from championship (same with Holt) so we struggled to get rid of. The fact that fans of other teams are gutted he’s leaving shows how bad he was.... but folk will ignore that cause “he one of our own” so is OrangeBunnet, RangersSanta and EDL Abdul but you wouldn’t have them playing for us people buzz cause he had a few tackle against Celtic players... oh wow!! Need players with quality at Rangers to win us trophies and he was no where near that quality. Problem in past few seasons is signing A lot boyhood rangers fans who clearly were never good enough Dorrans, Murphy, Halliday, Holt, Stewart, McCauley, Forrester etc... if they “all knew what it meant” like folk keep saying they wouldn’t of put in so many poor performances over recent years. Need a team of winners!!
Class. Ignore this trumpet, Andy.
All the best.

So much shite in just 1 post.

Watched the video of him sprinting 20 yards 2 mins into the old firm victory last season at Ibrox and going through the ball and N'Tcham, getting up and screaming at the top of his lungs. THAT set the tone for our victory that day. THAT is what having Rangers men in the team does for you. Barisic has miles more quality, but he wouldn't have been anywhere near that challenge.

All the best Andy. You’ll always be made welcome at Ibrox Stadium. You lived the dream mate.

Best of luck in the future, he had the honour of living the dream and the look on his face after the Ryan Jack 1-0 victory summed up how every Bear was feeling at that moment

Seem to of upset a few Rangers Das with my post hahaha! Away back to buzzin over videos of tackles a player made in matches :/ folk upset cause I said a player they liked was sh*** lol get a grip!!

All the best Andy, when you put us 2-1 up in THAT final, we should have saw it out, but the defence let us down badly.....See you back as a fan

Good luck Andy. How far into next season before people are saying " I wish we had someone like Halliday today at left back / midfield to add some bite and determination and get into them" ?

Wish the boy all the best but let’s be honest he was sh***, The fact that fans of other teams are gutted he’s leaving shows how bad he was.... but folk will ignore that cause “he one of our own” so people buzz cause he had a few tackle against Celtic players... oh wow!! Need players with quality at Rangers to win us trophies and he was no where near that quality. Need a team of winners!!
Remarkable that you edited this post and it's still a load of shite.

All the best, Andy.

A true blue lived his dream playing for the mighty Glasgow Rangers. Cant speak for every fan but you are a legend to me.
Good luck with the rest of your career.
Miss you already x

I would give almost anything to experience what he experienced at Ibrox in the December Derby in 2018.
A man of the match performance where we bossed them and the Rangers faithful singing my name loud and proud.

On top of all this, he has worked every day for the club he loves amd earned good money in doing so.

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened. You lived my Dream Andy. Goodbye, Good Luck and Never be a stranger at Ibrox.

Utterly written off by managers and fans. He clawed his way back and managed some of the best performances of his career.

If that doesn't sum up the strength of character required at Rangers, I don't know what does.
That should see him secure a decent move to a mid table English Championship Club like Blackburn, Sheffield Wednesday etc. He should steer well clear of the Motherwell St Johnston's of this world. They will be lucky to be still afloat this time next year.

One of us and lived the dream of pulling on the famous shirt. He will remember these days for the rest of his life. I hope the remainder of his career goes well because he deserves it.

Wonder if he will unveil what his FF login is now? :p

Proper Rangers man who unlike others will never bad mouth us when he hangs up his boots. Hopefully he will get a move down south. Good luck Andy.

Good luck for the future Andy.

He can be proud of his playing stats at Ibrox after returning from his loan spell. In 46 appearances, including as a sub, he walked off the pitch only twice on the losing side. (both to bheast fc unfortunately).
6 defeats in games played. 3 against Celtic, 3 against Killie

Seem to of upset a few Rangers Das with my post hahaha! Away back to buzzin over videos of tackles a player made in matches :/ folk upset cause I said a player they liked was sh*** lol get a grip!!
member for 2 years with 19 posts and most of them on this thread ? you're on the wrong forum

member for 2 years with 19 posts and most of them on this thread ? you're on the wrong forum
A the usual “you don’t post a lot” response hahaha!! Just cause yer more active doesn’t mean ye ken what yer talking about... You’d think it was a Ferguson or Durrant type of player we were getting rid of the way folk are going on

A the usual “you don’t post a lot” response hahaha!! Just cause yer more active doesn’t mean ye ken what yer talking about... You’d think it was a Ferguson or Durrant type of player we were getting rid of the way folk are going on

One thing's for sure , bet he's a better player than me or you ! A dyed in the wool bluenose that lived the dream and the vast majority on here appreciate his efforts , he maybe wasn't the most skilful to wear the jersey but he knew what it meant to play for the club , in fact you're the only nugget on here that's slated him . It's fortunate you aint posted much if that's what you bring to the table !

Good luck Andy one of those guys who lived the dream played to the best of his ability and gave his all. You cannot ask for anymore than that from any player.

It does leave us very bare at left back no cover now for Barisic, what about Hickey from Hearts for cover there, shame to see Halliday go he gave all for the jersey

Like Holt and Foderingham he always have everything he had.

I'll miss his Mrs too.

Good luck in the future to all the lads that have left.

Good luck to him

IMO he should have been punted a while ago as he simply wasn’t of the required standard and he wasn’t he the only one

Finally glad to see us getting rid of a lot of dead wood in the squad. I had forgotten Holt was still contracted to us

Are you aware that it's possible to thank a player for his efforts and dedication to the club whilst also acknowledging that he isn't of the required standard going forward or are you too much of a thick tit to figure that out?

Back