Andy Halliday

Did they not??? We weren't good enough in front of goal, they were the most 'dangerous' team we've faced this season and going by things a draw was a fair outcome outside our dominating possession.

Get the tinted spectacles off, he's calked it right
A fair result given they only got a fair result with a deplorable offside decision, If you think Hibs are the most dangerous team we've faced this season, the Dutch team we play on Thursday are a far better team than Hibs, the mankies are a far better team than Hibs, what will they do to us ?

On sportscene
Thinks Hibs deserve a point Jesus Christ
A lot of neutrals would probably agree with him.

As a pundit, he needs to be 100% balanced, fair and neutral.

He's doing a job - it doesn't make him any less of a bear. If he wants his media opinions to be respected and taken seriously, he has to take off the blue-tinted specs, which can't be easy.

Many people watching a re-run of the game would say Hibs deserved a point.

He’ll be the next ex player looking for media work meaning he’ll be trying to avoid being pro Rangers.

Tbh he done nothing with us.

Couldn’t really care less what he thinks.

A fair result given they only got a fair result with a deplorable offside decision, If you think Hibs are the most dangerous team we've faced this season, the Dutch team we play on Thursday are a far better team than Hibs, the mankies are a far better team than Hibs, what will they do to us ?

Hibs ARE the most dangerous team we've faced so far, didn't mention anything else and I am not saying we cannot play better - think you have totally misread what I said.

It was a fair scoreline cos we didn't finish our chances, they did albeit via luck/bad decision but they played us like we do to better teams in Europe, sit in and hit on counter.

Has he got a club yet? Strange he hasn’t got a decent club as he’s a more than capable player

If it's true he wants to go to the USA that would explain it I suppose. Don't think it's a great time to be a so-so footballer without a club though. A lot of the sort of teams who are at his level will have their budgets committed already and not much wiggle room for additions at this stage with no fans at games.

Helander, Morelos, Kent and Arfield should have rattled the net.

Morelos had a goal chopped off.

Their second shouldn't have stood.

Other than a goal mouth scramble and a good reaction save from McLaughlin, that was about all they offered. Boyle trundled an effort wide of the post.

That should have been a Rangers win and Hibs wouldn't have been hard done by.

He’s probably trying hard not to be pro-us at the start, but I can’t see himself selling out. Also, still got a playing career. Maybe Hibs just about scraped a deserved point, but honestly not really. Most of the good play came from Rangers.

no he won't, have you seen him on Open Goal?

Exactly.

Andy is no appeaser and he's not one that would slag the club for a coin.

Watching the Open Goal stuff shows he's tailor-made for a career after football in the media. Far more entertaining and knowledgeable than 95% of people that we get subjected to on TV.

Last edited:
Exactly.

Andy is no appeaser and he's also one that wouldn't slag the club for a coin.

Watching the Open Goal stuff shows he's tailor-made for a career after football in the media. Far more entertaining and knowledgeable than 95% of people that we get subjected to on TV.
100% he’ll be angry and frustrated like all of us. Not a chance he goes down the route of some ex players people can say what they like about his ability but he’s one of us and certainly will never hide it

He’ll be the next ex player looking for media work meaning he’ll be trying to avoid being pro Rangers.

Tbh he done nothing with us.

Couldn’t really care less what he thinks.
He played his part in getting us back to the top league, that shows how much he done for the club.

I don't see how anyone can be upset at having a lifelong Rangers fan as a new Sportscene pundit. We don't have to agree with him about absolutely everything.
Exactly. We constantly hear how upset people are when it’s all ex-beggars on the tv, then we get a Rangers man on and folk get just as upset when he doesn’t say what they want him to say.

You see it constantly on here mate some can’t wait to have a go at our own
It really fucking does my nut in when ex-players who did a turn for us start getting stick from our own (if they are) fans. Every one of the lads who played a part in getting us back from the 4th tier to the top tier deserve our respect, shame others don't appreciate that.

He played his part in getting us back to the top league, that shows how much he done for the club.

I meant actually achieve something.

Let’s be honest, winning the championship with a budget far greater than anyone else in the league was hardly an achievement.

Not trying to belittle him or any of the others in that team. I just don’t see it as an achievement that you’d be shouting from the rooftops about.

Maybe I’m being too harsh as I tend to try and forget about everything that happened in the lower leagues.

Genuinely don’t think some on here will be happy until every single former Rangers player is some sort of blindly loyal, devoted cheerleader for the club.

We should’ve won the game on Sunday but Hibs were worthy of their point.

It was the statement of Jack Ross that got to me. "We wanted to win the game but happy with the draw" At 2-2 you could have won the game but you wasted time from about the 80th minute. That is not wanting to win a game for me.

Halliday seems to have retired at a fairly young age
Thought he'd have been able to play at least for another 4 or 5 years

Did they not??? We weren't good enough in front of goal, they were the most 'dangerous' team we've faced this season and going by things a draw was a fair outcome outside our dominating possession.

Get the tinted spectacles off, he's calked it right
Well considering we scored 2 legitimate goals and they only scored one and were allowed to have an offside goal stand amongst other very questionable decisions be ignored by officials.....HOW THE %^*& CAN ANYONE SAY A DRAW WAS FAIR FFS?
I suppose the scum deserved to 'win' the league cup final with their offside goal well then as well eh?

I don't see how anyone can be upset at having a lifelong Rangers fan as a new Sportscene pundit. We don't have to agree with him about absolutely everything.

Exactly, we moan at being underrepresented and media biase. We can’t expect everyone to blindly bang the drum even when we play shite

Genuinely don’t think some on here will be happy until every single former Rangers player is some sort of blindly loyal, devoted cheerleader for the club.

We should’ve won the game on Sunday but Hibs were worthy of their point.
I get what you mean and a lot of comments are over the top but we've got our ex-captain saying stuff like we should take 8m for Morelos and McCoist on Sunday saying he's only worth 14m. They don't do themselves any favours at times.

On sportscene
Thinks Hibs deserve a point Jesus Christ
He is allowed a view mate, Hibs had a a few chances and we scrambled the ball away when really they should have scored, I think we deserved the win but it wasn’t plain sailing as we found out by only drawing

Well considering we scored 2 legitimate goals and they only scored one and were allowed to have an offside goal stand amongst other very questionable decisions be ignored by officials.....HOW THE %^*& CAN ANYONE SAY A DRAW WAS FAIR FFS?
I suppose the scum deserved to 'win' the league cup final with their offside goal well then as well eh?

Oh away and sh1t ffs.....they made chances and scored them, we made chances and only scored same amount.
If we had scored a winner that was offside then would that be ok cos 'we deserved' the win.
Honestly get more sleep ffs

Oh away and sh1t ffs.....they made chances and scored them, we made chances and only scored same amount.
If we had scored a winner that was offside then would that be ok cos 'we deserved' the win.
Honestly get more sleep ffs
They made chances and scored one goal that should have stood, we scored 2 that should have stood in the laws of a football match we should have came away with a 2-1 win, us you're happy to continually be robbed and refereed to a different set of rules week in week out that's up to you.

They made chances and scored one goal that should have stood, we scored 2 that should have stood in the laws of a football match we should have came away with a 2-1 win, us you're happy to continually be robbed and refereed to a different set of rules week in week out that's up to you.
There were some ridiculous decisions on Sunday. The offside, while wrong, wasn't one of them. If Goldson, Tavernier and possibly Helander had done their jobs properly we wouldn't be talking about it.
The thing that really annoys me about the folk who focus only on refereeing decisions (and I am not suggesting that there isn't an - at least unconscious - bias against us) is that it takes the spotlight away from the real shortcomings in the team which need addressed.

Christ almighty, ex Rangers player and fan makes comment saying Hibs deserved a point. We didn’t play well enough, shock horror.

Just folk who don’t realise that it’s the team’s own downfall not being cheated.

Back