Andy Halliday

Don Pedro shipped the majority of the dross out (Halliday included) if any of the loaned out players are returning to the squad next season we'll be in big trouble
O'Halloran might do a job as a back up striker if we played him through the middle, but that's only a might. Dodoo I wouldn't fully rule out yet though. As for the rest, agreed.

If he hadn't moved in the summer, and stayed in the first team picture, would he have been the ideal player to play LM in this team, and offer the balance that's sometimes lacking?

Just thinking that it would have given the midfield a more naturally balanced look, and May have done wonders for the boy himself, being played in his natural position.

Just a hypothetical thought.

Had a similar thought myself. Would have been useful cover imo and a different option to Windass or Nico. Maybe would have given him a chance to show what he can do in his proper position, which he never got under Warburton.

ultimately though he's a level or 2 short of playing regularly for a top rangers side. so best for his career if he can get a permanent move.

Windass is making LM-LW his own right now, he was in-form before his injury and on Saturday he came on and changed the game, grabbing a goal and an assist and unlucky not to have a couple more assists.

I don't believe Halliday has the pace and the discipline to play LM.
Have to agree, Windass is looking the best he has done of late .

Definitely first pick left side at the moment .

For all that I love Andy and what he done for us I really don't think he has the ability to take any of the MF positions from the current squad

We have upgraded our squad and AH would have sat in the stand. I have nothing but thanks to him for helping us get back to the SFPL but that's his level.

He has been a luck boy in living our dream scoring against Celtic and knocking them out a cup not only that he got paid for doing it.

ThNks for the memories Andy and hope you continue to make a living out the game for you and your family

AH is simply not good enough,no matter how hard he tried.

Last edited:
Back