Andy Halliday

Was listening to the vidmar interview on H & H, he was told initially by advocaat he was not needed and free to leave then went onto make a huge contribution in a very successful Rangers team. Halliday can make a good contribution if he just focuses on his role in the team

Hes surronded by a better team and has been improved greatly by the coaches over pre season hes an ideal utility player for me

Nothing ar all against Andy & I hope he continues to contribute to a winning Rangers team, but I disagree.
For me he's cover only and does not have a position. He's too laboured and slow on the ball, too easily outmuscled & will get caught out in the faster, harder games.
I'd much rather have seen Mccrorie today, as 1st half we gave them too much room with noone at DM.
As said, I like and wish him well, but not good enough.

It’s embarrassing now to see the derogatory comments about Halliday anytime the team is announced and he’s playing, because all of these comments now fly in the face of the more than decent performances Halliday is producing on a consistent basis.

He deserves as much support as a Coulibally for starting.

He's put in some very poor performances as part of poor teams from previous seasons. This season he's playing much better in a better team.

It's a win for him and us and I hope he goes from strength to strength. I specifically hope he gets to exorcise some demons from recent old firm games as soon as possible.

Great credit to Andy, being bumped off to Aberbergran and struggling, to being the back up guy in a good Rangers side and meeting the standard required is quite a leap in fortunes.
He hasn’t let us down since he came back,and his relationship with the boss looks solid, a mutual belief.

On the RTV commentary, it mentioned AH had worked with Gary McAllister at Middlesbro.

He'll prove to be a good squad option in a busy season.

He is a useful squad player and has proven that the manager was right to keep him for this season. As we develop and improve i believe we will need better, but he performed well today.

Seemed to be a magnet for harsh treatment from the Dundee mash hammers but kept the heed and soldiered through it...well done Andy good performance m8 :)

His attitude and work rate has been first class in training and no doubt gerrard has gave him some confidence but well done andy halliday for turning his rangers career around lesser players would have just gave up but he knuckled down and worked his arse off and he is reaping the rewards

Was my MOTM today, hardly wasted a pass and did most of the dirty work.

Mine too. Was surprised when he didn’t get it.

Absolutely brilliant today, lots of hard work, tackling but also pinging some lovely passes about the place.

Shows what good caoching and confidence building can achieve.

Contender for MoTM today, hardly wasted a pass and put in a great shift.

Nothing ar all against Andy & I hope he continues to contribute to a winning Rangers team, but I disagree.
For me he's cover only and does not have a position. He's too laboured and slow on the ball, too easily outmuscled & will get caught out in the faster, harder games.
I'd much rather have seen Mccrorie today, as 1st half we gave them too much room with noone at DM.
As said, I like and wish him well, but not good enough.
Oh well im glad you don't pick the team ..
It takes a squad to win things and Andy is very deserving part of this Squad

Well done Andy. Like a new player this season after a good number of us had virtually written him off before the SG management team put something in his tea.
Fully played his part today and deserves the acknowledgement he’s getting.

People are having a dig about last season's performances without thinking things through. The position he plays, and the role, is not one where anyone other than a top, world class player, can drag 10 shit team mates through a game. Halliday and players like him will always look poor in poor sides and now that he has runners and people helping carry some of the work rate, he looks every inch a good, dependable midfielder. His passing under pressure was good, because someone was always making themselves available. His passing over distance was good because our wide players were making space for themselves. His tracking and tackling were very good because he was not left to try and mark 2 or even 3 men at a time and he knew that if he did his job, his team mates would do theirs.

He is not a tremendous player, he is a good player who is benefiting enormously from playing within a more structured environment with players who are much better at their own jobs than the players we had last season.

He will play a big part in our season, not as first choice all the time, but as a reliable back-up who is more than capable of filling in and doing what he has to do.

Fair play to him for a fucking amazing attitude and level of application too.

Michael Beale was specifically brought in to improve players through his coaching skills. Glad that Andy Halliday has responded well. His enthusiasm for our club has always been an asset, the big difference being like many of us, there is now something to be enthusiastic about.

Will start most matches against the "lesser" teams. Allows us to rest other players. No disrespect, he'll get 20 starts. Diservedly so too. Very pleased for him. Means as much to him as it does for us.

Halliday this season is perfect for games like today and I’m saying this as someone who was hope we had seen the last of him playing for Rangers. Credit where it’s due though, SG has turned him around and we don’t see Halliday losing possession outside our box like he did consistently last season, he is limited but now keeps it simple and breaks up play, gets tackles in and covers our full backs when they are caught out of position. Halliday is a valuable squad player, never a first pick but it’s a long season and there will be injuries and suspensions as we’ve already experienced this early in the campaign.
I’d love to see him win the league, the Mhanks would throw themselves off the Erskine Bridge.

Back