Andy Halliday

I’m chuffed to bits for him, he’s doing well just now. That being said I wouldn’t trust him in the midfield in tougher games still think in an ideal world he wouldn’t be getting much game time.

Did you go to Motherwell away?
Obviously not.
He on that day was one of our better players.
Are you aware that Leverndale has spaces available for the mentally challenged?

Yes, I did.

One of our best players that day? :D you know your football. We were fucking honking that day so even if you think that, it doesn’t say much about a players performance.

Last edited:
Halliday hasn't done much wrong since coming back into the team and had a really decent game v bottom-of-the-table Dundee. I would still feel anxious however about his performance in bigger games. On another note, some of the grief he was getting before finding a bit of form was a joke, like some clown posting his name on a Greatest World Player Ever thread, just as some stupid little dig, against a Rangers player.

He's good back up, and SG seems to like him.

Still makes the odd slack pass but I'm pleased he's still with us and showing an eagerness to play every week.

Some posters really hold grudges against some players for a long time, there has never been a player in my 50 odd years of watching Rangers who has never fell foul of the support at some point.
Most supporters move on to the next game and support the team. Others well they need something to moan about and can’t move on.

Never thought he was a bad player.Murty hung him out to dry last season.Just goes to show that average players can be improved with better coaching and players around them.

I'm glad for Andy that he seems to be rejuvenated under Stevie, don't know what he's said to him,but it's working and when I think back to those Timmy idiots ironically singing his name,how I'd love him to score against them. It's amazing what a decent Manager can do and considering it's Stevie's first outing as Manager says much and it'll be good for him having Gary Mc. there to feed off as well.

Did Andy Halliday pump your Mrs or something? I’ve become to notice you like every negative comment about him, on every thread, after every game, regardless of result or performance. You should try and embrace it when we win and our players play well mate, it’s great.

I do embrace it when we win mate.

Andy has improved under SG as I said. I made the specific point of him tracking runners much better than he used to.

Why is that not being positive highlighting that a weakness he has/had is going the right way ?

I thought he played well yesterday. Strange that I need to say it again.

Has done well and now ahead of McCrorie and Dorrans in midfield.

However an upgrade in January transfer window will be needed for 55.

Said before however SPL standard midfielders like Jack, Halliday (and Holt, Docherty before them) are not good enough for us to dominate Scottish football

Back