Andy Halliday

rangersno.1

Thought he was brilliant tonight he’s really pushed on under gerrard and I’d have no doubts about him being first choice left back, that challenge in front of the govan was a cruncher but clean, he’s contributing going forward and also the clearance on the line near the end.

A true ranger and worthy of the jersey.

Every player this season should be embracing every moment like its their last because one slip in form, belief, commitment...you're being replaced. Clean sheets and straight wins up to destroying the filth and Andy Halliday will be like us, the happiest man in the world

He was linking well with Hastie at times. Great work ethic from him, though tbh the whole team worked hard.

I doubt they were in the last third more than 5/6 times.

If you take Gerrard at face value he wants a squad of 23 or 24 with competition at each position. Assume 3 keepers Then you need some utility players. I think Halliday covers all the defensive and midfield positions at a push and Stewart covers the front 4.

Neither is a first (or maybe even second) choice in any position but they might still play 40 games this year

Thought he was brilliant tonight he’s really pushed on under gerrard and I’d have no doubts about him being first choice left back, that challenge in front of the govan was a cruncher but clean, he’s contributing going forward and also the clearance on the line near the end.

A true ranger and worthy of the jersey.
Settle down we were playing part timers.
He’s a squad..no more no less

If you take Gerrard at face value he wants a squad of 23 or 24 with competition at each position. Assume 3 keepers Then you need some utility players. I think Halliday covers all the defensive and midfield positions at a push and Stewart covers the front 4.

Neither is a first (or maybe even second) choice in any position but they might still play 40 games this year

Haliday will be probably be in every match squad and make the bench at the least in a high percentage. Just for the reason you've outlined. He might not start all the time, but who knows what will happen in the course of a game, he's handy to have.

Overt the last year or so I have often read comments like - Halliday gets away with it beause he is a Rangers fan, he should not be near the squad because he is a limited footballer etc....

From my perspective, there has been absolutely no evidence that Halliday has been a limited footballer compared to our other squad members when it comes to the role he has fullfilled as a back-up left back and sometimes midfielder. In fact, one might argue that he actually deserves more playing time.

Andy is looking like a man who appreciates every opportunity he gets to pull on the jersey and is determined to make that left back spot his own. He crunches into tackles and gets forward at every opportunity to try and make things happen.

Halliday has been excellent he reminds me of milner in the fact he is a solid performer always 7/10 no matter where he gets played.

The entire squad looks fit and lean and nobody has put a foot wrong. Some great problems for the gaffer

Haliday will be probably be in every match squad and make the bench at the least in a high percentage. Just for the reason you've outlined. He might not start all the time, but who knows what will happen in the course of a game, he's handy to have.

Absolutely.

And Stewart hopefully does similar at the other end of the pitch. He’s the 3rd choice striker but he’s got enough position flex that he won’t be months between appearances

I must admit to wanting him out the door a year ago but he’s proven me wrong, so fucking wrong.

Another solid performance from Halliday tonight and I’m delighted to see someone who loves the club doing so well.

*His mrs is a fucking cracker as well btw.

It's amazing what confidence and the backing of management and fans can do for a players game. Since Gerrard has come in he has been 1st class and done all that is required of him. Aye he had some terrible moments in the past but ffs no wonder, we weren't exactly a stable ship. He is what every Rangers team needs. A utility player that knows what it's all about.

When it comes down to it I trust Halliday to serve us better than Barisic. I don’t care if one plays for Croatia. Every time Halliday steps on the pitch you know what you are getting and you can’t say that about Barisic.

Mhm........he must be p!sh because he played well against what he was up against ;)
Shut up you moron FFS!

You don’t need to try and have conflict with every person who isn’t coming in their pants about Andy Halliday having a decent performance against a pub team!

Last edited:
Like in the December game against Celtic?
Well done mate, Andy set the tone for that game against the filth and totally gets it what playing for the famous means, we need players with that passion and whether he is in the first team or not he will never let us down

It's amazing what confidence and the backing of management and fans can do for a players game. Since Gerrard has come in he has been 1st class and done all that is required of him. Aye he had some terrible moments in the past but ffs no wonder, we weren't exactly a stable ship. He is what every Rangers team needs. A utility player that knows what it's all about.
NDVZDZ7.gif

Well said !

Can't say i have been his biggest fan over the past few years, he has came on to a game though under Gerrard and looks a totally different player

Shut up you moron FFS!

You don’t need to try and have conflict with every person who isn’t coming in their pants about a decent performance against a pub team!

A nice way to communicate with a fellow Bear I have to say. But thank you, you are the first person in my life to tell me that "I try to have conflict with every person who isn’t coming in their pants about a decent performance against a pub team"

:D

I can see him getting a year or two extension to his contract Gerrard rates him as a squad player and by all accounts is good with new players that come in and explains the demands of being a rangers player

Andy Halliday was my MOTM by a distance tonight.
As has been mentioned earlier, even when we're 10-0 up on aggregate, he's still tackling and defending like his life depended on it.
This is exactly the kind of mentality and spirit that makes a team WINNERS!

Halliday was good tonight, regardless of the level of our opponents. Some people coming into this thread just to spout the usual pish about Halliday, he played well and you cant deny that.

Back