Andy King on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Difficult to pick up sarcasm online sometimes but one Leicester punter on their forum (mentioned earlier in this thread) claims Andy King 'will be the best midfielder ever to have played in Scotland'.

Self awareness, not.

We only had no striker available because Lafferty was cup tied mate.

Totally different scenario that won't occur this season.

What? ..... we can’t possibly
As others have said, Defoe did it last season for a month and a half.

The issue with getting a third striker is that we would be buying someone to sit in the stands and maybe play a handful of games as a sub. Who are we recruiting for that profile who is better than Stewart (a striker), Ojo, Rudden or Mebude? If we got a superstar to do it then that would be lovely. But we won’t. If we got a player good enough to drop Morelos or Defoe down the pecking order then even better. But that’s even less likely.

If we get a third striker then it would be a youth or a journeyman. And I can see why that is not a priority.

As I said, it the same with goalkeepers. Most clubs have 2 very decent goalkeepers. Almost none have 3.

However way you wanna cut it, this same lack of numbers cost us last season. Yes I do believe we should get a journeyman type who knows the situation or a loan player from a team just wanting a wage help. A third option who can be coming on when Morelos gets suspended or to cover injuries. A natural striker not a midfielder trying to play there.

We have far too many potential games for just two strikers. I don’t want us going into pivotal games with attacking midfielders up front.

Seems to be a few on here getting a bit of a staunner for Ross M and Greg D about their pathway to the first team and them getting the opportunity.

Opportunity is earned not just given.

If we bring in players that are better than these two and are picked before them then tough luck to the both of them.

This is elite sport and it is survival of the fittest.

I want the strongest players playing week on week, if Ross and Greg cant break through that then that will be their issue.

This is not kids football and even split of match time for each player, earn your place or move on.

Great post

It's clear SG rates the player and wants him part of things-the Docherty issue is what it is-I'm sure in terms of developing a player the lad isn't going to get anyone better but I think the harsh reality might be that SG doubts he will make it at the club and a few on here myself included think that.

As for other positions 2 strikers is a massive risk bordering on reckless in my opinion it is out of proportion for the squad size and this could really screw us-LB whilst many of us think we need an upgrade at least you have three covering there....

The ratios and quality across the squad is a sensible subjective for discussion-I don't see how anyone sensible wouldn't think it is....

What? ..... we can’t possibly

However way you wanna cut it, this same lack of numbers cost us last season. Yes I do believe we should get a journeyman type who knows the situation or a loan player from a team just wanting a wage help. A third option who can be coming on when Morelos gets suspended or to cover injuries. A natural striker not a midfielder trying to play there.

We have far too many potential games for just two strikers. I don’t want us going into pivotal games with attacking midfielders up front.

Would love to know which of the players I suggested you think is a midfielder?

Also would love to know which journeyman you are thinking of who’ll want to come sit in the stands?

I’d be delighted with anouther striking option but it’s going to be low bang for our bucks so can see why we are paying more attention elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back