Andy King on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we’re in a position to be adding another midfielder, then I’d have to imagine we can also be adding another LB and a forward player.

Wouldn’t make sense to prioritise another midfielder over other more pressing positions that need filled.

Surely not ffs. Maybe as part of the coaching setup. Limited footballer, plays in a position where he'd be 5th choice at best.

He's said he ideally would like another to make it to 6 to fight it out for the 3 spaces.
Maybe need to get rid of a few first but

His comments today give a little context to the Herbie Kane link a couple of weeks ago. Perhaps we've moved on to King if Kane isn't a goer.

He
This is the last year of his contract

He’s 30 . Played over 350 times for Leicester, 50 caps for wales . Scores a goal every 5 games from Midfield .

If we take him and it works out he could stay permanently if we feel he’s adding quality
He can play more defensive role too. He has very interesting credentials. I'd take a pop on loan. Very experienced player at a high level. Why not?

No idea who he is tbh.

Is he any good? 4 games on loan to Derby last season says no.

From what i remember he plays up front as much as midfield and what he lacks in talent - which wont be too much in the SPFL - he makes up for in effort. Has won League 1 The Championship & Premiership with LCFC so no danger of him freezing at a club the size of Rangers.

Why in the name of god would someone make up such a boring signing ?
How's it so boring?

He's 30. 50 caps for wales. 350 apps for Leicester. He has won three different leagues with Leicester including the epl. He's very experienced and at a high level. He scores allot of goals from midfield and cam also play the more defensive role. He's a fighter and a leader. Knows what it feels like to try to win titles as he already has three under his belt. He's Leicesters all time top scoring midfielder and their all time most capped international.

How's it so boring?

He's 30. 50 caps for wales. 350 apps for Leicester. He has won three different leagues with Leicester including the epl. He's very experienced and at a high level. He scores allot of goals from midfield and cam also play the more defensive role. He's a fighter and a leader. Knows what it feels like to try to win titles as he already has three under his belt. He's Leicesters all time top scoring midfielder and their all time most capped international.

Calm down squire I posted similar myself

My point was it’s too random/nondescript a signing to make up a rumour about .

The player himself is decent

I personally think we have enough options in CM.

As it stands:

Jack
Aribo
Davis
Arfield
Kamara
Halliday
Polster
Holt
Dorrans
Docherty

That's 10 options, surely that's enough. Even losing Dorrans and Holt, that's still 8 without even dipping into the development side.

Surely another CF and a reliable LB (if available) is more pressing.

Hi all,

First time poster but I thought I’d share some news.

A good friend of mine is best mates with Andy King Billy and it’s a done deal to Rangers on loan, he’s in Manchester having a medical now.

He hasn’t been named in Leicester’s squad and wants to play football. He was supposed to go to Hibs but apparently we wanted him.

Good addition to the squad!

Seb

The last King was pish, hope hes better.

From what i remember he plays up front as much as midfield and what he lacks in talent - which wont be too much in the SPFL - he makes up for in effort. Has won League 1 The Championship & Premiership with LCFC so no danger of him freezing at a club the size of Rangers.
We need winners mentality in that squad, not many in there with league medals.

I personally think we have enough options in CM.

As it stands:

Jack
Aribo
Davis
Arfield
Kamara
Halliday
Polster
Holt
Dorrans
Docherty

That's 10 options, surely that's enough. Even losing Dorrans and Holt, that's still 8 without even dipping into the development side.

Surely another CF and a reliable LB (if available) is more pressing.

Arfield is now mainly seen as one of the front 3.
Halliday and pollster are mainly seen as full backs and questionable as being high enough quality for midfield.
Dorrans is for the off and not recovering from injury.
Holt is not good enough.

We have 5 players in contention. A 6th would be useful, especially if quality and cheap

I dont know why and i might get slaughtered for saying it but i get the impression Gerrard doesn't rate Docherty.

Maybe we will loan him again?

I dont know why and i might get slaughtered for saying it but i get the impression Gerrard doesn't rate Docherty.

Maybe we will loan him again?

I’ve said for a while that if we got an offer that gave us our money back we would sell. I like Doc and he has a decent career ahead of him. Sadly I don’t see it being with Rangers.

Arfield is now mainly seen as one of the front 3.
Halliday and pollster are mainly seen as full backs and questionable as being high enough quality for midfield.
Dorrans is for the off and not recovering from injury.
Holt is not good enough.

We have 5 players in contention. A 6th would be useful, especially if quality and cheap

Agreed, we have 5 or so midfielders of proven quality, a few of still questionable quality(Halliday, Polster and Docherty) and a number of midfielders of dubious quality/fitness. It's just possible that Gerrard believes King is a better option than the likes of Halliday.

Wouldn't be averse to a sixth CM if we did make the Europa League group stages.

If we did bring him in and fail to make the group stages, we'd struggle to give six centre midfielders sufficient gametime.

Wouldn't be averse to a sixth CM if we did make the Europa League group stages.

If we did bring him in and fail to make the group stages, we'd struggle to give six centre midfielders sufficient gametime.

We have Kamara, Davis, Aribo, Jack, Arfield, Halliday and Polster for centre midfield.

Not sure where this need for a 6th CM is coming from.

We have Kamara, Davis, Aribo, Jack, Arfield, Halliday and Polster for centre midfield.

Not sure where this need for a 6th CM is coming from.

And Docherty.

We need to get rid of Dorrans and Holt before we add our numbers are ridiculous and it won’t be easy getting rid of they 2 without us been out of pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back