Andy Little - Rangers & After Rangers

bluenizzy

After Rangers:

Andy Little signed for Rangers from Ballinamallard United in 2006. He’d spend eight years at Ibrox before moving on in 2014.

Andy Little

Rangers (89 apps/38 goals)
- 09/10 Premier League
- 12/13 League 2
- 12/13 PFA League 2 Team of the Year
- 13/14 League 1
Port Vale - Loan (7 apps)
Preston North End (16 apps/2 goals)
- 14/15 League 1 Play Off
Blackpool - Loan (5 apps/1 goal)
Accrington Stanley - Loan (0 apps)
Stirling Albion (13 apps/1 goal)
Dumbarton (11 apps)
Northern Ireland (9 caps)
- 2008 U19s Milk Cup

Little retired from playing in 2018. He now works as a part time coach in the Rangers academy and as co-commentator on Rangers TV.

Had a few injuries in his career. N was 1 of the players that could do a job in a few positions. Makes it hard to nail down a place. Always liked his work ethic

I was in Australia about 6 years ago and on the Sunday went with the family to my daughters church. At the meet and greet afterwards an old couple heard my accent and came over, during the conversation asked me if I was a Rangers fan, then asked about Andy. Turns out they were his next door neighbours when he was growing up and said he was one of us and you couldn't meet a nicer more polite and helpful boy, brought up properly.
I would have guessed that anyway because by the way he sounds on Rangers TV he's still the same; comes across as a real Gentleman and is extremely knowledgeable about Scottish football and especially our players, a pleasure to listen to and a good guy.

I was in Australia about 6 years ago and on the Sunday went with the family to my daughters church. At the meet and greet afterwards an old couple heard my accent and came over, during the conversation asked me if I was a Rangers fan, then asked about Andy. Turns out they were his next door neighbours when he was growing up and said he was one of us and you couldn't meet a nicer more polite and helpful boy, brought up properly.
I would have guessed that anyway because by the way he sounds on Rangers TV he's still the same; comes across as a real Gentleman and is extremely knowledgeable about Scottish football and especially our players, a pleasure to listen to and a good guy.
His brother is a good guy too.

We should have kept him another year than sign the utter disgrace that was an overweight and half-arsed Kris Boyd.

As said above, Andy was good enough to have a much better career post-Rangers than he had. Think his injury problems caught up on him.

Him and Kevin Thomson are the best co-commenators on RTV by far imo

He looks like the kind of boy you would be pleased for your daughter to bring home as a boyfriend.

And that is the highest and rarest compliment I could pay any man.

He’s an estate agent now aswell I think.

He works for a letting agent. He’s also getting into property himself

Andy is a friend of mine and a genuine good guy. I coached a kids football team and andy volunteered to come along and help out with a session. You always get him the same way

He works for a letting agent. He’s also getting into property himself

Andy is a friend of mine and a genuine good guy. I coached a kids football team and andy volunteered to come along and help out with a session. You always get him the same way

Brilliant I just seen on instragram mate seems a sound guy.

My kid's first ever real footballing hero when he first got into Rangers and football. The highest compliment I can pay Andy is 7 year old SDF Jr was absolutely devastated when he left in 2014.

As a Stirling boy, I was always proud Andy played for my home town team...and he did well there. Now, given their allegiances (2012 and 2020)...they could to the wall for all i care.
I prefer the rangers TV match broadcasts with him: as mentioned before, he speaks well, understands the game, and homes across really well. He is one of The People.

Seems like a genuinely great guy.

He’ll carve out a good career whatever he ends up doing.

Down to earth, hard working and only ever met him twice, but clearly a gentleman.

Could be the Gary Neville type of Scottish Football if he puts himself to it.

Back