Andy Little

naemair

His negativity as co commentator did my head in today. I was screaming for him to shut up. His choice for man of the match was poor. Balogun had a good game but didn’t need to face a great deal. It should have Kent or Aribo r even Morelos.

I like Little on co-comms and didn't hear anything untoward today. We were shit for a long spell in the second half and looked like we might just throw it away.

You could argue he talks too much in comparison to, for example, Stevie Smith but I'd never accuse him of 'negativity'. No idea where you are coming from OP.

As for MOTM it could have gone to several, including all of those you mention, but Balogun was right in the mix and given it was his debut - thrown in at the deep end - entirely worthy.

His negativity as co commentator did my head in today. I was screaming for him to shut up. His choice for man of the match was poor. Balogun had a good game but didn’t need to face a great deal. It should have Kent or Aribo r even Morelos.
Balogun brought stability and good positional awareness to the defence. Aberdeen weren't good by any means but Balogun showed that he will be an asset to the club. Worthy man of the match

I find Andy very insightful, his explanations are a result of having played at a decent level and exposed to football at the top. He sees the little but critical events on the field, he is in my book very good.

Who was your man of the match mate?

Mine was Leon Balogun.

Nope, he was spot on Balogun was peerless the whole game, Aribo, Morelos and Kent were in and out the whole game.

I like him and while Balogun played well it was easy for defenders today so for me I’d be looking to Ryan Kent as my MOTM but it’s not something any of us can tell others who was best is it ?

Probably best if the OP follows the advice of his own handle and minimizes his contributions to FF. Seems even the Rangers players appreciated Balogun’s contribution today, and Andy Little is a very intelligent co-commentator to the easily excitable Tom.

Strongly disagree. I think Little does a fantastic job in general and didn't say anything wrong today.

To me, he's a cracking mix of a fan, an ex-pro from the modern era and brings a bit of passion and humour into his work. Even if he IS negative, I'd rather hear it than someone toe-ing a party line. I prefer him to all other co commentators in all honestly and would gladly have him every week.

As for the MOTM choice. For a guy making his debut in a clean sheet at pittodrie? Having played that assuredly? No brainer.

I'm afraid I'm joining the majority here - I like him and didn't think he was overly negative.

I worry some people's high expectations of today is going to lead to an extremely large amount of negative threads...

I like Andy Little on co-commentary as he speaks a lot of sense. There wasn't an awful lot of description given by Tom Miller for people only listening to him and not watching it on TV.
Totally agree on Tom Miller.
He's a likable big chap but his descriptive capabilities are seriously lacking.
A football commentator should be a blessing for the blind or those who can only listen in.
Should also offer a bit of insight for those fortunate enough to be watching.
Afraid he doesn't offer much of either.

Completely disagree. Think he is great on it and works well with Miller. Miller can be brutal when there is a older guy alongside him, but when its Little / Smith / Thomson it is not as bad.

Best co-commentator on RTV, by some distance. Insightful, and very articulate. Wears his heart on his sleeve, but still expresses his reservations when we're not playing as well as we should.

I think all ex-Rangers players who get into the print an broadcast media, feel under special pressure to not appear overly complementary when commentating on Rangers - otherwise they will leave themselves open to charges by the great unwashed and their hangers-on, of pro-Rangers bias.

I like him but when he said it was ‘just a matter of time’ presumably until Aberdeen scores because they had made into our last third twice I did wonder what he was talking about.

Rangers TV was it’s usual amateur self today IMO. Had an interview at half time with a youth coach who looked like he was in his living room and using his iPhone for FaceTime or something.

When it comes to the game itself we’re still getting shown replays of any incident where a Rangers player could be in the wrong yet certain ones are avoided when the roles are reversed. Obviously still using another companies cameras.

Commentating was its usual self I ended up muting the game as I wasn’t missing the crowd noise.

And

And why would that be? Really nice guy is Andy,but his input is not to my liking.Is that okay with you ?:rolleyes:
And his input IS to my liking. That OK with you? The idea of selectively muting Andy little is nonsense. But whatever.

Strange one, I can’t comment directly on yesterday but Little usually comes across very well as a co-commentator.

He at least tries to analyse the game and articulates himself well, whereas with someone like Hugh Burns it’s like someone has micced up a supporter’s living room.

I don’t mind Tom Miller or Andy Little. Neither hide their love for our club. They are much better to listen too than either Crocker, Sutton or Walker.

I didn't used to like Andy's commentary but in recent times it has got a lot more natural and he seems more confident to say what he wants about the game. You can also tell he loves the club; that is a big one for me when it comes to ex-players. Hopefully he does many games this season.

Some real weirdos on this thread. Having to turn down the volume just because someone’s voice annoys you, do people actually do that?

Even stranger considering it’s one of our own.

Totally agree on Tom Miller.
He's a likable big chap but his descriptive capabilities are seriously lacking.
A football commentator should be a blessing for the blind or those who can only listen in.
Should also offer a bit of insight for those fortunate enough to be watching.
Afraid he doesn't offer much of either.

That’s kinda ironic because I’m sure I read somewhere that Tom the Comm started off doing the commentary for the blind at Ibrox.

Some real weirdos on this thread. Having to turn down the volume just because someone’s voice annoys you, do people actually do that?

Even stranger considering it’s one of our own.

Have you heard Tom Miller squeel in excitement before? It's horrendous. His voice is what I imagine Granpaw from The Broons would sound like.

Have you heard Tom Miller squeel in excitement before? It's horrendous. His voice is what I imagine Granpaw from The Broons would sound like.

Watched literally hundreds of matches with Tom as commentator and I can honestly say he has never annoyed me so much that I’ve had to turn the volume down.

Yes some of his puns can be a bit cheesy but it is what it is. He’s a good guy who clearly loves the club.

Rangers TV was it’s usual amateur self today IMO. Had an interview at half time with a youth coach who looked like he was in his living room and using his iPhone for FaceTime or something.

When it comes to the game itself we’re still getting shown replays of any incident where a Rangers player could be in the wrong yet certain ones are avoided when the roles are reversed. Obviously still using another companies cameras.

Commentating was its usual self I ended up muting the game as I wasn’t missing the crowd noise.

As I understand it RangersTV transmits the matchday feed, whether that be from Sky or the contractor who films all the games for the SPFL. We probably had a single camera there to capture the footage for the interviews and the Away Days stuff. Miller and Little wouldn’t even have been there, they’d have been on the gantry back at Ibrox commentating on the same stream we were watching.

In fairness, we do have additional cameras at Ibrox.

Back