Andy Mitchell

Mass72

Ex Youth of ours has just left Linfield for Larne. Although I do keep an eye on the Irish League I wouldn't say I'm fully up to speed on it.

This one seems strange on the face of it, as I think he was playing most games at Linfield, what's the back story, are Larne throwing money at it? Or was he bit part at Linfield?

Larne will be league champions in the next year or two. Full time football and a decent wage at Irish league level. Right move for him

He was better than some of the higher paid duds at the time against part time teams

Good luck to him

played a fair bit at linfield but young fella fallon is a starter now in centre mid, along with mulgrew the captain, so mitch’s game time may not have been guaranteed

Ex Youth of ours has just left Linfield for Larne. Although I do keep an eye on the Irish League I wouldn't say I'm fully up to speed on it.

This one seems strange on the face of it, as I think he was playing most games at Linfield, what's the back story, are Larne throwing money at it? Or was he bit part at Linfield?

Larne are the money men now of the Irish league. They are basically the Irish Man City. The new owner said he will do what it takes to get larne to win the league. Think he owns that purple bricks or something. Has totally revamped their stadium and made some huge signings

i think the guy that owns purple bricks property centres is throwing big money their way in an effort to get them to the top over there

Kenny Bruce. No longer involved with purple bricks. Sold all his shares for plenty of money £££££££££. A good Larne man himself and is taking the club in the right direction without spending stupid money on players etc.

Kenny Bruce. No longer involved with purple bricks. Sold all his shares for plenty of money £££££££££. A good Larne man himself and is taking the club in the right direction without spending stupid money on players etc.

Not spending stupid money?? Did you see what some players were getting playing in the first division for them :oops:

I'm a Larne man and its exciting times for the town. However the Glens have money too and the Irish League is probably the most competitive it has ever been. Any one of the top 5 could win the league. Larne have a fair bit to go to be at that level, but signing players of Andrew Mitchells' calibre will definitely help.

I'm a Larne man and its exciting times for the town. However the Glens have money too and the Irish League is probably the most competitive it has ever been. Any one of the top 5 could win the league. Larne have a fair bit to go to be at that level, but signing players of Andrew Mitchells' calibre will definitely help.

I’m ballymena. Nothing but heartache with us. That the other night in the shield final was gut wrenching

He was average at Linfield tbh. If Linfield wanted to keep him he would have stayed.

Problem with Larne is that they are signing has beens and journey men (not to be offensive.)
Mark Randall for example - played for Arsenal against Porto in the Champions League as a kid and he is hopeless.
Jeff Hughes - capped by NI but they won’t win anything with him. Larne fans love him because he is a local boy but he is the slowest man I’ve ever seen play midfield.
Shane McEleney was playing in Canada and turned down Motherwell to sign for Larne with a 30k signing on fee. He left last week for a ROI side. He was bang average too.
Harry Flowers - think he came from League 3 in England. Big fella centre half, couldn’t head a beach ball. Turns like a 40ft lorry too.

Linfield still have the big pull in NI. Larne won’t win the league over the next 10years.

I’m ballymena. Nothing but heartache with us. That the other night in the shield final was gut wrenching

I watched the last 10 minutes on the BBC. Must have been heart breaking. You could almost sense the 2nd goal coming as the Ballymena players were devastated losing the equaliser so late on.

I watched the last 10 minutes on the BBC. Must have been heart breaking. You could almost sense the 2nd goal coming as the Ballymena players were devastated losing the equaliser so late on.

We are away to the crues today, no doubt another hammering session for us

Met this lad whilst he was with us amd asked him for a pic with my nephew, was a class act.

He was one that I desperately wanted it to work out for him, just not good enough sadly.

Sounds like a decent career move for him earnings wise and hopefully sets up a decent career for the lad.

Do you think David Jeffrey will see the season out? A lot of people would like to see him at Larne!

I think he will mate. For the simple reason being who else have ballymena to bring in. Last season we finished 2nd, this season due to lack of signings and a few injures and suspensions we have struggled badly. I will believe DJ will turn it round next season but I suppose if someone else’s comes in with more money he might be tempted to go. Put it this way only way DJ is leaving us is if he decides to walk himself, can’t see the board sacking him in the foreseeable

Larne had way more money than the rest last season and easily won promotion.
I think Glentoran must be well backed now, I think they put 2 separate bids of £60,000 on 2 players and the current record fee is £50,000 as far as I am aware.

- me too mate. Shame it didn’t work out.

The truth is none of those young boys were ever going to be the long term answer but at the time seeing the youth players coming through was about the oly thing that kept me motivated.

Still, they got to live the dream and can tell their Grandkids they played for the Rangers.

Not spending stupid money?? Did you see what some players were getting playing in the first division for them :oops:

yes and it was nothing close to what was being reported.
Also you cannot forget that Larne are full time so players expect to be paid what they would be getting in a normal full time job.

Back