Andy Murray out for the rest of the year.

Dio

Andy Murray has said he is finished for the season and he hopes to be back on January 1st at the Brisbane International to start his build up for the Australian Open.

Genuinely don't think there is anyone in the world i care less about than Murray. No offence to OP

Unlikely that he'll win the Australian coming back from injury but I'd love to see him add that one as well.

I was just saying yesterday that I'm amazed that tennis players still do exhibition matches and the likes, they have a long tough season and opportunities to recover are few and far between.

Good decision. I want to see him, Djokovic, Wawrinka, Raonic, Nishikori etc all back fit at the beginning of next season along with Nadal and Federer.

Disappointing season but hopefully gets his hip problem cured and next season sees him back to his best

I love a bit of tennis, but it's mental how disinterested I've been with the US Open this year. That's in large part to Murray not participating, and probably an indicator as to how much attention I pay to tennis when he jacks it in.

It would have been top notch to have Murray and Djokovic compete with Rafa and Roger given the latter pairs resurgence this year.

To the OP's point, a good decision by Murray. Nothing to be gained by rushing back for year end. Get fit and healthy, have a good training camp in Miami over the winter and come back for the Australian.

Would love to see him win the Aussie Open but I think he might be close to jacking it in (not based on anything, just a hunch).

I like tennis and I like Scotland/GB.....

..... but Andy Murray bores the tadger off me and I can't even be bothered reading about him.

Hes doing the right thing. He needs proper recuperation time as the standard is far too high now and he has to play only when fully recovered.

Federer & Nadal both proved you can take long time off injured & come back & win a slam. Maybe the beat thing for him in the long run.

He really knocked his pan in late last year to get to #1 and I did wonder if he would pay for it. Seems like he did. Shame. Great player on his day and should have won more slams.

Back