Andy Smith Ed Dunfermline striker

Does anyone remember Ivo Den Bieman? Big guy next to me in the Broomloan used to rave about him, said he was the next Michael Mols.

I'm sure he scored over 20 goals the season leading up to World Cup 1998(a lot of them were against jobbers in the cup) and became one of Chick Young's pet projects to try and get a Scotland cap that everyone else laughed at.

IIRC Chick was campaigning pretty hard for both Andy Smith and Chic Charnley to go to the World Cup that season.

Remember being in the Cricklewood in Bothwell probably during our nine in a row. It was a Sunday and he was in there with Craig Moore, Coisty and Durrant.

2013_08_30_15_01_30_9455.jpg

As if this dobber was the next Hateley :D

Similar to the Stevie Crawford post were we ever linked with big lanky Andy Smith? I remember the guy I used to sit next to used to always rave about him saying that he’d be the next Hateley.

Scored a couple against us if I recall.
Decent big player. Always a handful for defenders. Had the biggest ears in Scottish football.

Dont think its fair to lump Andy Smith in with Stevie Crawford. The latter had a far better career & was of much better quality.

Anyway, Kenny Deuchar anyone?

Fairly certain he said he supported celtic on the TV version of Off the Ball a few years ago now

I dont know him from adam but I wont hear a bad word said about andy smith as he was sat behind me in Amos 1st game for us in the scottish cup semi v them and partied like the rest of us. Defo a bear.

I'm sure he scored over 20 goals the season leading up to World Cup 1998(a lot of them were against jobbers in the cup) and became one of Chick Young's pet projects to try and get a Scotland cap that everyone else laughed at.

IIRC Chick was campaigning pretty hard for both Andy Smith and Chic Charnley to go to the World Cup that season.
There have been far worse play up front for Scotland the last 20 years than Andy Smith

Back