@Andythephotodr colourised pics and designs.

Have you already did this one Andy? Would like to see it.

Check out the different ways the players wear their socks, Davy Wilson seems to be the only player to get it right. :)
I’ve made a start on this

Have you already did this one Andy? Would like to see it.

Check out the different ways the players wear their socks, Davy Wilson seems to be the only player to get it right. :)

Arguably he's not.

I know it's after Mr Struth's time, but he laid down the standards and one of those if I remember accurately, was that our socks should be worn with an "inch of black" at the top. If he'd still been around I reckon he would have been having a wee word with Davy afterwards in the dressing room.

Regardless, what a strip that was, possibly the most iconic in our history

I didn’t want to sound like I was crowing but I was delighted to find out that a good few of the colourised work I sent to David Mason has been included in the new Rangers book and that Im a named contributor.

I’m really chuffed that my lad will have something to show his kids and grand kids that his dad did these photos and there is his name in such a historic bit of work

Hi mate, these are awesome!
Really interested in having a dabble myself with some of my family's old photo's, what do you use as reference for the colours? (apart from the obvious blues etc)

Hi mate, these are awesome!
Really interested in having a dabble myself with some of my family's old photo's, what do you use as reference for the colours? (apart from the obvious blues etc)
Hi mate.

It’s all guess work and what looks right to my eye. Light greys are light colours and dark greys are darker colours is about the only help I can give you.

Last edited:

Thought I’d have a bash at finishing off this one that I saw online the other week that’s had been colourise using one of those one click apps. Falkirk player had a blue leg and not much background colour

Outstanding stuff you do mate however I'd be more concerned with the Rangers shorts than the blue leg.

Dunno why my eyes went to that straight away :D I know it's dirt but the mind saw it differently ha ha.

Outstanding stuff you do mate however I'd be more concerned with the Rangers shorts than the blue leg.

Dunno why my eyes went to that straight away :D I know it's dirt but the mind saw it differently ha ha.
I thought it was his tadger hanging out too LOL.

I just like to make sure our old photos look the best they can with or without colour as it’s these photos that tell a lot about the history of the club. Part of reason I’m delighted to be a contributor to David Masons new book with a number of my colourised images in a great historical record of our wonderful club

I thought it was his tadger hanging out too LOL.

I just like to make sure our old photos look the best they can with or without colour as it’s these photos that tell a lot about the history of the club. Part of reason I’m delighted to be a contributor to David Masons new book with a number of my colourised images in a great historical record of our wonderful club
We need to ask Dave what was the colour of his jersey - are you sure green??

Don't want to seem pedantic , but the socks were blue & white that day as we were playing the Sheep at the piggery in a Scottish Cup semi final. I would redo the green & white in the scarves too.
I knew it was Parkhead so guessed we weee playing “them”

Cheers for the info, if it was a pic I was doing for a customer or making some money on I’d make the changes but I’ll just go with a bit of artistic licence this time.

Last edited:
I knew it was Parkhead so guessed we weee playing “them”

Cheers for the info, if it was a pic I was doing for a customer or making some money on I’d make the changes but I’ll just go with a bit of artisticmlicence this time
It will eat away at you mate, wakening up in cold sweats knowing others are talking about you being a dafty for not doing it right.

It will eat away at you mate, wakening up in cold sweats knowing others are talking about you being a dafty for not doing it right.
At least I got the blue shirt…..;-)

Always happy to get info on the photos and help with the colours especially on paid commissions but I’m way less fussy when it’s stuff that I post up on the forum but if anyone wants to buy a print and want blue socks then photoshop would be fired up and I’d be making those changes

remove duplicate numbers online

Was delighted to get this in the post today, did a bit of work for the folks who were involved with the recent match for the Lee Rigby charity and they sent me a signed top as a wee thank you.

I promised it to my lad so he was delighted when it came today. Going to try to get it framed by the folks who do those fantastic padded frames so he can hang it up

Akways thought black and white pics should stay the same but these are awesome, brilliant work.
Cheers mate.

I’ll always try to remember to post my Rangers stuff on here on FF as @mdingwall has always been very supportive of the stuff I do.

I do loads of other teams (even Celtic when asked), famous movie stars, music artists, family photos pretty much any BW photo or repair of any photo.

Mainly post everything on Twitter with same handle as here @AndythephotoDr

Back