Anfield pitch

ThePRODigalSon

Looking very good for January.
Weather been fairly consistent across the U.K.
reinforces the concern on an earlier thread about Ibrox on Friday potentially hampering our normal slick passing game.

Thought Ibrox pitch looked quite poor in patches on Friday night . Would they have covered it during the shut down .
Anfield pitch looks ok bit heavy in places but not affecting Liverpool’s play

With all the money in the EPL, I'm surprised they haven't started painting gold lines on the pitches.

It will be a grass fibre hybrid, id be amazed if Steven Gerrard isn’t pushing for a similar set up at Ibrox. The best examples such as Anfield however, will be very expensive.

Looking very good for January.
Weather been fairly consistent across the U.K.
reinforces the concern on an earlier thread about Ibrox on Friday potentially hampering our normal slick passing game.

longer days, couple of degrees warmer, more sun hits the grass.

There was something about Ibrox getting the least light to the pitch of any stadium in the uk. Due to the main stand being so awesome.

I read something a few years ago that part of the problem is the corners being filled as it affects the circulation of air round the pitch and the stands being so close limit the natural light.

Money spent down there imagine will be huge compared to even what rangers spend on pitch. Even the watering sprinklers is huge business,no garden hose and quick soak.

Sure we put the hybrid stuff down in both boxes. Defo seen a picture of the machine on the pitch

Our pitch on Friday looked really heavy, a slight worry with so many home games coming

Still prefer the days when they went over to the Baseball Ground (or similar) and you immediately saw a mud heap. :)

Think we had an awful lot of rain in the run up to Friday. My grass was absolutely saturated but the few days without rainfall and the groundsman/drainage should have it up to scratch again.

On the carragher podcast. Bellew was saying it costs Everton £1m a year to maintain the pitch. That’s why he struggled to get a boxing event on.

the overall stadium as they continue to redevelop is starting to really be something special. They have a way to go before it rivals Old Trafford/Emirates, but its definitely up there as one of the top grounds for atmosphere down south

Back