Postecoglou at Spurs

LoyalRanger_72

Spurs started this season well and he was a bit of an unknown quantity for the first while down there. Ever since about New Year, Spurs form is the definition of mid table and defensively only Sheffield United who are an absolutely pathetic excuse of a Premier League side have conceded more goals than Tottenham. I think a few managers down there have now realised that he’s a one trick pony like Bielsa was and now he’s on a hiding to nothing. Eddie Howe tactically obliterated him a few weeks back beating them 4-0 and in the first half on Sunday, Arsenal destroyed them. If it wasn’t for Raya selling the jerseys second half, Arsenal would’ve saw it out without breaking sweat. It’s all well and good playing that type of football against Livingston and Motherwell without really having to adapt but in Europe where he got found out at Celtic off teams like Bodo/Glimt and down there is a totally different ball game. You need adaptability and actual knowledge on tactics in the English Premier League, he’s just gun ho. Wouldn’t be stunned if Levy sacks the gravy guzzler mid way through next season.

I've got a mate who is Tottenham daft and he says the natives are definitely getting restless. If he has a bad start to next season, he'll be off.
Is he based down there? A boy I know lives down there doesn't pay attention to up here and was buzzing in the summer and I'd said he will get found out quickly and he seemed shocked, he thought he was getting the new pep.

Is he based down there? A boy I know lives down there doesn't pay attention to up here and was buzzing in the summer and I'd said he will get found out quickly and he seemed shocked, he thought he was getting the new pep.
No, he lives up here, but is an ex season ticket holder at Tottenham. They haven't beat West Ham, Chelsea or Arsenal this season, arguably their six biggest games of the season.

I thought he would have been found out a lot earlier than this, tbh.

Up here, he sent his teams out to demolish the opposition in the first 45 minutes.

It doesn't quite work like that down in England.

No, he lives up here, but is an ex season ticket holder at Tottenham. They haven't beat West Ham, Chelsea or Arsenal this season, arguably their six biggest games of the season.
The Chelsea results are shocking especially the first game, the boy I know I only see once a year and I said to him I'll see him this summer and I'll bet he doesn't think Ange is the great he thought he was getting.

It annoys me how much we let him away with it up here and gave him an easy run, Gerrard would have got him sacked if he stayed that season.

Doesn't like being challenged in interviews does he, not that it ever happened in Scotland
Only has one tactic, again it worked in Scotland (not so much in Europe)
Happened plenty of times in Scotland and he treated the media with the disdain our managers should also always do.

The media down there might just stop fawning over him because of his funny accent and the fact he says mate after every sentence, and start turning on him.

Started well but losing your main goal scorer and dealing with injuries was always going to take its toll. He’ll be given until Christmas next season and if Spurs are still shite he’ll be gone.

I think the main concern for a lot of Spurs fans is not even the results but the style of football drying up.

Taking my dislike of the big fat %^*& out of the equation, what exactly are Spurs meant to achieve that’s much better than fifth in the league?

That’s what I think as well. They are fucking Spurs.
I like to have a look at their forum and some of them were saying he can’t handle a big club like Spurs, they really are fucking deluded. Without the EPL money spurs would be a nothing club.

I really don't know where some of our punters get the deep down hate for the guy. Did a job and moved onto a better one and didn't pander to the Greatest Club In The World shite.
He only pandered about referees like the rest of the maniacs do after the Goldson handball incident!

He has 1 way of playing and it'll work when you have Celtic's budget against the likes of Ross County and St Mirren, doesn't work when even midtable managers down south are still very, very good.

Just shows if we had our act together he would have cracked under the pressure. In saying that I still maintain that if the winter break wasn't brought forward and our game against them rescheduled, conveniently to when it suited them, Gio would have won the league that year and things would have been very different.

Last edited:
Taking my dislike of the big fat %^*& out of the equation, what exactly are Spurs meant to achieve that’s much better than fifth in the league?
I think with the start they had and the fact they had no Europe this season, top 4 was a realistic achievement but because of their form since January, it’s not happening. Like I said in the original post, mid table form and only Sheffield United have conceded more than Spurs.

Reactions: VGM
They finished 8th on 60 points last season. Currently sitting 5th, with 60 points accrued and 4 games to go. Probably unlikely that they will drop further. Fair to say they've had a better season than last but, given they had a very good start, its all petered out a bit.

Summer transfer market will dictate whether he sees through next season.

The drastic fall off has been good viewing.

Personally from what I've seen, I don't think they have a quality anchor in midfield and rubbish wingers.

They finished 8th on 60 points last season. Currently sitting 5th, with 60 points accrued and 4 games to go. Probably unlikely that they will drop further. Fair to say they've had a better season than last but, given they had a very good start, its all petered out a bit.

Summer transfer market will dictate whether he sees through next season.
Dug his own grave with two manager of the month awards and being in first :D

Sitting 5th and ahead of Man Utd, Newcastle and Chelsea.

Villa are probably the shock team this season but I think Spurs are exactly where they should be or even slightly ahead.

In short - I don’t think he’s done a bad job and will 100% get next season (unless he has a terrible start)

Back