Ange Postecoglou - New Celtic Manager Confirmed - All Chat In Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumour over here (nothing substantial mind you)

Matt Ryan from Brighton.

Would appear that the Greek goalie that can't save, can't be saved.

Thy will sign IMO

Matt Ryan
Martin Boyle
Josh Doig
James Mccarthy
Lewis Ferguson - As they are dumb and think that we want him etc etc

It appears to be an important enough thread for you to be taking up your precious time to enter it, read it and respond to it.

The thread isn't to discuss whether he will be celtic manager, so why now remove it just because he "has actually been appointed"?

People are still discussing their thoughts predictions, opinions, questions, theories etc.

I'm sorry but posts like the one you've just posted do my nut right in:))

If people don't like the concept of a thread they should just ignore it mate it's really that simple.
Carry right on. Just don’t get the fascination.

We all know the Green Brigade would never be out acting like the tits they are if they had hired Eddie Howe, they'll pretend that they'd do this no matter who was hired to force change.

We all know their ideologies have as much holes as swiss cheese.

More a laugh than a fascination. We're entitled to a bit of fun surely? I'm not saying this new yahoo manager is a bad guy, but his MO shows he will never be out of the media for all the wrong reasons and will be a hoot.

I'm looking at this guy and seeing him a worse appointment than the ginger rat, but for different reasons.

This sorry sod will be gone by Xmas. He's cannon fodder. Step forward bJK again as the the favoured son, but this time permanently and watch an even bigger timplosion, as we go quietly about our business in retaining the title.

This will end them and we can watch the tumbleweed roll across the pitch at the theatre of screams, taking a sigh and an oh well and burst our sides!

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of course.

B-)

Then there's no point in coming in and responding. I'm probably being petty mate so I apologise however it just annoys me when people go in to threads they don't care about and make comments like yours. It's all about us, I get that. If we are as good as we were last season we will win the league. But it's obviously still an important matter as to who our biggest rivals have employed as their new manager. At some point in the future his appointment will matter to rangers one way or the other.

Be an upgrade for them but he's on his way down ability wise and would pick up more as a 2nd choice in the EPL

A
The.narrative on snyde was look at Gerrard he had no experience. He did have experience he played in the PL, and was a CL winnner. He played at world cups and euro championships. He had plenty of experience of British and European football at the elite level. Ange has experience of guiding Australia to the world cup by beating Chinese Taipei and Iraq. Of winning the Japanese league a league which has never seen their champions do anything in world club football
And before Gerrard came in, that was the reason they suggested he should NOT get the job. Now it's the reason this Angie guy should get it, couldnt make it up.

He may not be the 'big name' that fans of bheast fc were hoping for, but I wouldn't be so dismissive of Ange Postecoglou and his capabilities as many appear to be.

IMO they should broken the bank to persuade Sean Dyches to take over. Dyches, IMO, is a very fine manager, tougher mentally that Howe who I don't think would have been a success in the SPL. For Dyches, the celtic job would have given him the chance to win things, but more importantly the chance to prove himself in Europe, without which his career seems destined to lay with low - to mid level EPL clubs.

If, at the end of the day Dyches turned them down, Celtic's failure to pursue Clarke must be considered their second major blunder. Clarke would have been the safe choice. Under him, they would probably have ended up a well-organized, hard-to-beat side, not terribly exciting, but nevertheless likely proved a significant challenge to Rangers.

But back to Ange -obviously he doesn't have the 'sex appeal' of a Gerrard and so it's easy to sneer, but I've a sense we'd be foolish to underestimate him.

Can’t see Ryan at Celtic, he’s first choice for an EPL side.

Plus I’m sure he’ll have heard plenty from Duffy about how bad they are.

He may not be the 'big name' that fans of bheast fc were hoping for, but I wouldn't be so dismissive of Ange Postecoglou and his capabilities as many appear to be.

IMO they should broken the bank to persuade Sean Dyches to take over. Dyches, IMO, is a very fine manager, tougher mentally that Howe who I don't think would have been a success in the SPL. For Dyches, the celtic job would have given him the chance to win things, but more importantly the chance to prove himself in Europe, without which his career seems destined to lay with low - to mid level EPL clubs.

If, at the end of the day Dyches turned them down, Celtic's failure to pursue Clarke must be considered their second major blunder. Clarke would have been the safe choice. Under him, they would probably have ended up a well-organized, hard-to-beat side, not terribly exciting, but nevertheless likely proved a significant challenge to Rangers.

But back to Ange -obviously he doesn't have the 'sex appeal' of a Gerrard and so it's easy to sneer, but I've a sense we'd be foolish to underestimate him.
He’s 55 and never managed outside of Asia.

Thy will sign IMO

Matt Ryan
Martin Boyle
Josh Doig
James Mccarthy
Lewis Ferguson - As they are dumb and think that we want him etc etc
Boyle is off to Aberdeen apparently

I’m sure Celtic could change that tbf but they won’t sign him.

Managers usually buy players they are familiar with from past experiences, so expect a few Australian/Greek/Japanese players turning up.

If not then I suspect he isn’t the guy buying these players.

who’s this Dyches? It’s Sean Dyche. As for being dismissive of Postecoglu it’s as far a left field appointment as it’s possible to make, recommended by the incoming DOF who then turned them down but they carried on and appointed him anyway. It’s as ridiculous an appointment as that Portuguese dud was for us and we all know how that turned out.

This. It will give us a clue as to how they operate. I hypothesis that Peter was giving them a tiny percentage of budget and Peter signed the rest.

Ange took a year or so to get teams function the biggest issue is I don't see them having the patience. Any time he has been under pressure Ange has resigned. Australia 2018 for example.

"Pressing game" "Emphasis on fitness"
Wait till he sees thumbheid blowing out his arse after 10 minutes.
That's the same pish the English press used to come out with when listing the Scotland team's attributes - ie - a bunch of diddies that'll chase he ball for 90 mins

Managers usually buy players they are familiar with from past experiences, so expect a few Australian/Greek/Japanese players turning up.

If not then I suspect he isn’t the guy buying these players.
They will sign someone with an Oirish surname to keep the hordes happy

Just a question, now this second choice no-mark has actually been appointed do we need this thread still open?

What is with people trying to police threads according to their own tastes now days? As Gabrielle used to say, scroll on by (it was actually ‘walk on by’ but I’ve taken a small liberty for the sake of the thread here which will remain open giuy)

I would agree if they weren’t in such a state

At the board level they have made horrendous blunders he’ll have to figure out very quickly how to live with them and get a tune out of players who are low on morale

They appear to require a rebuild on the cheap

As a previous poster pointed out attacking free flowing football was not really their problem last season and this guy would rather draw 4-4 than win 1-0

He has no margin for error

Their support are a powder keg

Add it all up he’s more likely to be a disaster than a success

What is with people trying to police threads according to their own tastes now days? As Gabrielle used to say, scroll on by (it was actually ‘walk on by’ but I’ve taken a small liberty for the sake of the thread here which will remain open giuy)
Gabrielle? FFS man, so many excellent versions of the song you could have picked and you opted for that one.:oops:

Rest of your post is fair enough but you need to sort out your taste in music.:):))

I would agree if they weren’t in such a state

At the board level they have made horrendous blunders he’ll have to figure out very quickly how to live with them and get a tune out of players who are low on morale

They appear to require a rebuild on the cheap

As a previous poster pointed out attacking free flowing football was not really their problem last season and this guy would rather draw 4-4 than win 1-0

He has no margin for error

Their support are a powder keg

Add it all up he’s more likely to be a disaster than a success
This guy will et all the help he needs in Scottish Football, that's the worry.
The media are already doing that calling their manager by his first name thing that they always seem to do. It'll be "big Ange" this "big Ange" that.

Why?

There is absolutely nothing about the guy and his CV that makes you think there’s a latent managerial genius under the scruffy kebab shop guy exterior.

He’s in his mid 50s yet even mid table English Championship sides have never been tempted by this supposed impressive track record of his.

To flip the whole thing over, it would actually be a shock to just about everyone if he somehow did manage to succeed.

It’s not impossible, but I’d say it looks highly unlikely.

Listening to a Japanese journalist talking about him, he says:

’his philosophy is to have plan A, and plan B is to do plan A better’ no kidding B-)

He also said his team scored 54 goals last season and lost 54 goals, Celtic fans shouldn’t worry about defence he says.

I think this is going to be some laugh.
he seems to like his keepers playing as sweeper

tenor.gif

Why?

There is absolutely nothing about the guy and his CV that makes you think there’s a latent managerial genius under the scruffy kebab shop guy exterior.

He’s in his mid 50s yet even mid table English Championship sides have never been tempted by this supposed impressive track record of his.

To flip the whole thing over, it would actually be a shock to just about everyone if he somehow did manage to succeed.

It’s not impossible, but I’d say it looks highly unlikely.
Too many of our fans now say what they think they should for the 10% fear of getting egg on their face, rather than giving a logic based opinion based on what the objective evidence suggests.

’his philosophy is to have plan A, and plan B is to do plan A better’ no kidding B-)

He also said his team scored 54 goals last season and lost 54 goals, Celtic fans shouldn’t worry about defence he says.

Lies!
Why are you lying about what you heard?!

The misinformation you are spreading is wreckless and careless!!

It was 56 goals they scored and conceded (wink)

Take it you watched ACSOM, I have been watching it every night for a laugh but this clown was the best. He sounds like the antithesis of what they need right now, goalkeepers that are great at running and teams that can't defend. Hope they get Hibs or Hearts away first game of the season.

Take it you watched ACSOM, I have been watching it every night for a laugh but this clown was the best. He sounds like the antithesis of what they need right now, goalkeepers that are great at running and teams that can't defend. Hope they get Hibs or Hearts away first game of the season.
ACSOM is a daily ritual for me at lunchtime

My lunch has 0 calories as I feed on their misery and pain

I also need to say... its a well produced podcast. Its audio quality and structure is better than the 'free for all' echoy podcasts that others offer.

For the last 10 months it's been pyure misery for them and joyous for me!

If he was coming to us after a similar season to what Celtic had with the rebuild they require the same folk would be doing their nut.
I honestly think some of them would prefer that scenario. If you can't enjoy the season we've just had, and their complete collapse then what's the point? Fcuk keeping my powder dry, I've taken it day after day for 10 years in work. This is payback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back