Ange Postecoglou - New Celtic Manager Confirmed - All Chat In Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
The usual suspects on here getting their panic buttons pressed by the guff coming out of the media.
Put it this way, if our manager moved on to pastures new and we lost Goldson, Tav, Kent, Morelos and Kamara all in one go, would you be happy if we appointed Ange?

Naw, didn’t think so.
who is pressing panic buttons? 99% of folk on here are pissing themselves laughing.

Too many of our fans now say what they think they should for the 10% fear of getting egg on their face, rather than giving a logic based opinion based on what the objective evidence suggests.
I made the conscious decision around December last year to %^*& everything else and just enjoy the moment. I had an absolutely wonderful, stress free and rampant run in to the title as a result. If it had blown back in my face? So fuck? I am an anonymous name on the internet, I can handle looking like a dick. I traded a risk of looking stupid behind a moniker for months of winding folk up and having fun, what football is meant to be about. Not even a difficult trade to make.

A big problem for celtic now is they have an entitled generation.

They have a young element of their support who have saw nothing but success and don't remember the more balanced years prior, never mind our 9 in a row days.

The idea that they're not winning now, or running rampant with cash and on top of it now are bringing in a low cost high risk manager is unbearable for them. They anticipated every time they hire a manager they'd get a Brendan Rodgers and would return to overnight success.

Conversely our fan base is made of the older supporters who have waited for our return knowing our glory years... And a young element who supported us through our most challenging times and are now living the rewards.

Badicslly our fans are in a much better place mentally for all we've been through compared to their spoiled fans demanding success they're not entitled to or can afford.

This guy will et all the help he needs in Scottish Football, that's the worry.
The media are already doing that calling their manager by his first name thing that they always seem to do. It'll be "big Ange" this "big Ange" that.

Ange 5 ft 10"........ Gerrard 6 ft

anyone heard our manager referred to as " Big Steve " ??

no , me neither

ACSOM is a daily ritual for me at lunchtime

My lunch has 0 calories as I feed on their misery and pain

I also need to say... its a well produced podcast. Its audio quality and structure is better than the 'free for all' echoy podcasts that others offer.

For the last 10 months it's been pyure misery for them and joyous for me!

Hahah yep I feel like I have been watching it too much. But it has been brilliant, from discussing Howe being a done deal and it was all down to contract law etc to realising that they were getting Ange.

Gabrielle? FFS man, so many excellent versions of the song you could have picked and you opted for that one.:oops:

Rest of your post is fair enough but you need to sort out your taste in music.:):))

It’s the version I’m most used to hearing, they used it on the Laudrup - joy of football VHS which I more or less wore out when I was at school :oops:

And don’t knock her, she sampled a Dylan track too so she clearly had an eye for a good tune

Listening to a Japanese journalist talking about him, he says:

’his philosophy is to have plan A, and plan B is to do plan A better’ no kidding B-)

He also said his team scored 54 goals last season and lost 54 goals, Celtic fans shouldn’t worry about defence he says.

I think this is going to be some laugh.

When we were linked with him in 2017, I done a bit of research and Bosnich said he used that exact phrase when talking to him about having different approaches to games.

Everything I've read and heard says to me he's very much like Warburton. Even the praise of him sounds a lot like what he read about Warburton before he came here.

He'll improve that lot, but I'm not sure he'll handle the difficult times very well.

I was surprised/pissing myself at the interview he did with Gerry McCulloch. There's a point where he literally calls him "mate", laying on the Ozzie patter so thick. "I've been following Tommy Rogic".

Not to become some kind of speech psychologist, but you'd think that - given the obvious scepticism towards someone from an Australian background — he'd be trying to tone down that patter, giving away nothing. Instead, he plays up to the stereotype, sounding like he's just waltzed off the set of Neighbours.

He is also clearly a Liverpool obsessive. Can't wait to see him shit his pants when he sees The Gaffer in the flesh for the first time.

TBH there is nothing in that at all. He calls a player a different name and said mate.

The big take away is that he called the beggars the faithful all the while looking down to his laptop/notes

Listening to a Japanese journalist talking about him, he says:

’his philosophy is to have plan A, and plan B is to do plan A better’ no kidding B-)

He also said his team scored 54 goals last season and lost 54 goals, Celtic fans shouldn’t worry about defence he says.

I think this is going to be some laugh.

Tell me he didn’t actually say that ffs. I swear this is far too good B-D

Hahah yep I feel like I have been watching it too much. But it has been brilliant, from discussing Howe being a done deal and it was all down to contract law etc to realising that they were getting Ange.

It’s tremendous.

Some of the bumpers on it are good as well

Thy will sign IMO

Matt Ryan
Martin Boyle
Josh Doig
James Mccarthy
Lewis Ferguson - As they are dumb and think that we want him etc etc
They'll definitely be fishing in the free-transfer and loan market this summer. That being said, they don't really have the clout with this Aussie manager to bring in anyone that isn't an Aussie or a massive Yahoo.

Robbie Brady
James McCarthy
Allan Campbell
Kevin Long (loan)
Jackson Irvine
Maybe another Irish/Yahoo lover CB on loan
A couple of clowns up top.

He may not be the 'big name' that fans of bheast fc were hoping for, but I wouldn't be so dismissive of Ange Postecoglou and his capabilities as many appear to be.

IMO they should broken the bank to persuade Sean Dyches to take over. Dyches, IMO, is a very fine manager, tougher mentally that Howe who I don't think would have been a success in the SPL. For Dyches, the celtic job would have given him the chance to win things, but more importantly the chance to prove himself in Europe, without which his career seems destined to lay with low - to mid level EPL clubs.

If, at the end of the day Dyches turned them down, Celtic's failure to pursue Clarke must be considered their second major blunder. Clarke would have been the safe choice. Under him, they would probably have ended up a well-organized, hard-to-beat side, not terribly exciting, but nevertheless likely proved a significant challenge to Rangers.

But back to Ange -obviously he doesn't have the 'sex appeal' of a Gerrard and so it's easy to sneer, but I've a sense we'd be foolish to underestimate him.
His CV is absolutely appalling. This is a hilarious appointment.

If he was coming to us after a similar season to what Celtic had with the rebuild they require the same folk would be doing their nut.
100%

I can honestly say i'd be dreading next season if we had just finished 25 points off the top, all our best players had left or wanted to, and we were bringing in a manager who had never managed in Europe before (not counting Greek 3rd division nonsense).

I made the conscious decision around December last year to %^*& everything else and just enjoy the moment. I had an absolutely wonderful, stress free and rampant run in to the title as a result. If it had blown back in my face? So fuck? I am an anonymous name on the internet, I can handle looking like a dick. I traded a risk of looking stupid behind a moniker for months of winding folk up and having fun, what football is meant to be about. Not even a difficult trade to make.
Couldnt have said it any better.

I was on a zero fcuks given tour from a similar time last season too because all the evidence pointed to us winning the league at a canter. As you say, so f'in what if I ended up being wrong. What would I have gained from not enjoying the spell when we were on top? Wouldnt have made losing the league any easier.

They'll definitely be fishing in the free-transfer and loan market this summer. That being said, they don't really have the clout with this Aussie manager to bring in anyone that isn't an Aussie or a massive Yahoo.

Robbie Brady
James McCarthy
Allan Campbell
Kevin Long (loan)
Jackson Irvine
Maybe another Irish/Yahoo lover CB on loan
A couple of clowns up top.

Irvine is never at the level they need in a million years if we were signing him i'd be raging

The usual suspects on here getting their panic buttons pressed by the guff coming out of the media.
Put it this way, if our manager moved on to pastures new and we lost Goldson, Tav, Kent, Morelos and Kamara all in one go, would you be happy if we appointed Ange?

Naw, didn’t think so.
Agnes will bomb and the shark will be out before Xmas, nothing more certain.

100%

I can honestly say i'd be dreading next season if we had just finished 25 points off the top, all our best players had left or wanted to, and we were bringing in a manager who had never managed in Europe before (not counting Greek 3rd division nonsense).
This clown and probably patsy was signed for one reason and one reason only and that's because of Lieswell sons tie to Man City, the Fat Japanese has has his mawkers all over this and the Sharks know it.

Seems the terrorist sympathisers are still not content despite their new manager now being in place.

Dermot Desmond, Ian Bankier, Dom McKay, Brian Wilson, Thomas Allison, Sharon Brown, Chris McKay, Michael Nicholson, Hoopy The Dug, Wee Mental Tam, Big Jock Knew, Brave John Kennedy, Stinky Pete, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Lifelong Rangers Fan, Lego Eater, Jakey Leigh The Bookie’s Dream, Greeting John Fartson, Mutton Molester, 40 Million Pound Ed, Ginger Snus Neic can you hear me? Ginger Neil? Your boys took a hell of a beating. Your boys took a hell of a beating.

ACSOM is a daily ritual for me at lunchtime

My lunch has 0 calories as I feed on their misery and pain

I also need to say... its a well produced podcast. Its audio quality and structure is better than the 'free for all' echoy podcasts that others offer.

For the last 10 months it's been pyure misery for them and joyous for me!
In years gone by you'd have to listen to your tim mates bitter pish to get an idea how they were feeling , now you are spoilt for choice about which podcasters pain you'll enjoy the most. The best ones were the live post match reactions where their pain is in glorious technicolor but they need the subscribers so Paul John must put on a brave face , brilliant to watch.

Dermot Desmond, Ian Bankier, Dom McKay, Brian Wilson, Thomas Allison, Sharon Brown, Chris McKay, Michael Nicholson, Hoopy The Dug, Wee Mental Tam, Big Jock Knew, Brave John Kennedy, Stinky Pete, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Lifelong Rangers Fan, Lego Eater, Jakey Leigh The Bookie’s Dream, Greeting John Fartson, Mutton Molester, 40 Million Pound Ed, Ginger Snus Neic can you hear me? Ginger Neil? Your boys took a hell of a beating. Your boys took a hell of a beating.

theres a billy joel song in there somewhere

Dermot Desmond, Neil in pain
Bongoli on a plane again
Covid cases, laptops, will the pain ever stop
Out the cup, Celtic Park, green brigade are throwing sharks

we didn't....

Believe me, there are quite a few ‘powder dry’ ‘nothing won yet’ merchants. Throw in all the Aussie based bears who can’t believe that anything Australian can be bad and we have a little enclave of pant wetters and doom-mongers
I was a nothing won yet merchant last year, was so tense until about February.
Totally chilled going into this season given the relative states of the clubs at the moment. B-D

Put that ACSOM on there as they had Dan Orowitz on. I had tears rolling down my face, Yokohama’s goalkeeper has the highest running stats as they play a really high line haha, he also said “don’t worry about defence, it’ll be fun” - that loonball Jim Orr and Fat Tony were stunned and looked mortified. They scored 56 goals and let 56 goals in during the 2018 season. Can’t quite believe they’ve hired this bam - so so funny.

Put that ACSOM on there as they had Dan Orowitz on. I had tears rolling down my face, Yokohama’s goalkeeper has the highest running stats as they play a really high line haha, he also said “don’t worry about defence, it’ll be fun” - that loonball Jim Orr and Fat Tony were stunned and looked mortified. They scored 56 goals and let 56 goals in during the 2018 season. Can’t quite believe they’ve hired this bam - so so funny.
Theres going to be some mental results involving the tims this season hahahaha

Cant wait for them to lose 6-5 in December at the Tony Macaroni

Just a wee recap....... :p
Missing out on key targets who could have been excellent and then signing others, at great expense, who turned out to be hopeless. The slapstick with their goalkeepers, the Shane Duffy signing, millions spent on two poor strikers. The Boli Bolingoli fiasco, the ill-fated trip to Dubai and Lennon's seriously ill-advised media conference in its wake, the horrible losses to Sparta Prague and Rangers (4-1, 4-1, 4-1), the exit from the League Cup to Ross County. The constant talk of players wanting out, the fact that they finished a scarcely believable 25 points behind Rangers in what was supposed to be their 10-in-a-row season.
Good summary, but you forgot the riots in the car park. That was my favourite bit of the saga so far.

The highest running stats of all their players?

That can’t be right surely? :))

TBH there is nothing in that at all. He calls a player a different name and said mate.

The big take away is that he called the beggars the faithful all the while looking down to his laptop/notes

In terms of optics, it's not a great look. (And i hate using that word because it's so bastardized these days.)

He also made out Dalglish to be some kind of hero figure, oblivious to the fact your average hardcore mentally challenged has no time for the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back