Ange Postecoglou - New Celtic Manager Confirmed - All Chat In Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It was a massive thing for him just to give me a phone. He didn't have to but he took time out his day and gave me his ideas and his plans moving forward." - Leigh Griffiths on the incredible man-management skills of Big Ange.

Seriously, how many managers would take time out of their busy day to speak to a player about whats going on with the team?

This guy is a winner.

"It was a massive thing for him just to give me a phone. He didn't have to but he took time out his day and gave me his ideas and his plans moving forward." - Leigh Griffiths on the incredible man-management skills of Big Ange.

Seriously, how many managers would take time out of their busy day to speak to a player about whats going on with the team?

This guy is a winner.

A manager that communicates with his team? Ange is revolutionary.

This guy is a winner.
If he’s phoning Griffiths and going to rely on him next season then this is getting even better the biscuit tin must be empty right enough

This guy is a winner.
Who wrote that?

This guy is a winner.

Poor Leigh, probably doesn't realise his beloved Ange is locked up in a hotel room for 10 days with nothing better to do. He's done everything else he had to do, you were last his choice Leigh.

Agreed that if you minus Rangers and Celt!c, the Scottish League is so bad its not even comparable with the levels of fitness and skill in those Leagues.

That said it doesnt necessarily reflect the suitability of the Coaches from there to work here as the games are ultimately very different. Matches here are far more physical, stop/start and decided by small passages of play rather than open back and forth exchanges.

Big Ange is clearly a good Coach within his realms but really if someone is making their first strike abroad at nearly 60 you have to wonder. Lets be honest, if he was appointed by Hearts or Aberdeen hed be laughed out the building by the media before hed even touched down. As its them, we're getting all sorts of nonsense about his pedigree and prospects.

My take is hes going to do ok in Scotland, finishing well short of Gerrard and Rangers, get knocked about in Europe by everyone, then be back home to take on another J, A or K job before too long.

I agree with you on how I think he'll go.

In my mind he will be their Le Guen rather than Pedro. He'll divide their fans base on those who think they should stay the course and those that think they should go tried and tested.

Like us after Le Guen they will turn to the National team manager to try and save them.

This guy is a winner.
More likely he was asking thumb where to get deep-fried Mars bars in Glasgow.

Had a look on KDS there. They're all excited now after listening to a few interviews he's done for Celtic TV! What a difference a week makes! :D

This guy is a winner.

I’d sooner they didn’t take up the option on Griffiths’s contract.

This guy is a winner.

Didn't Neic break Covid rules to personally visit players ?

Drugs are bad kids
You lose your memory

I’d sooner they didn’t take up the option on Griffiths’s contract.
they want him gone on kerrydale so im with you on this, hope he gets a new bumper contract.

Timbers

Everyone's Fantasy Football first pick

4:50 AM - Today#4929
26 goals in the last four seasons for a striker at Celtic.

That’s terrible, unreliable for a variety of reasons and bad example for young players at the club. Get rid.

Griffiths has to go down as one of the most overrated players ever.

I keep hearing from them that he is a 30 goal a season striker.

He has had one season in his career where he has hit those numbers and it was 6 years ago when we where not in the league.

He struggles to play 20 games these days never mind score 30 goals.

He is done and I hope big Angie boy has agreed to give him another year.

:D

MON's Left Eyebrow

Getting on a bit

3:04 AM - Today#1328
Postecoglou doesn't sound like a gatekeeping dinosaur who treats us with a palpable level of hatred.

Things are moving in a positive direction.

Im torn as to what comparison to our previous managers we can choose.

PLG, because he is going to get them fit and put them through the ringer.

Warburton, because Plan C is doing Plan A better than the second revision of Plan A.

Pedro, because this guy can talk and sounds like he has PowerPoint ready to go.

they want him gone on kerrydale so im with you on this, hope he gets a new bumper contract.
Timbers

Everyone's Fantasy Football first pick

4:50 AM - Today#4929
26 goals in the last four seasons for a striker at Celtic.

That’s terrible, unreliable for a variety of reasons and bad example for young players at the club. Get rid.
Should start every game for Scotland during that time apparently though

First 6 months he'll be playing out his skin to attract a team, then he'll down tools in January once he's signed a pre contract
He should have been doing that in that season there if he was so desperate to leave. If he can get the odd goal & penalty here & there he'll think he's good.

Paartalu is back in Greenock just now so cheap and easy interview. Anyone else with links to Australia then it's easy now to get your name in the papers.
I went on holiday in Australia once and have family there and I can confirm he is the best manager I've never heard of. Fact!

This guy is a winner.
While locked in a hotel room!!!!!!! :) This is is priceless stuff!!!

What the hell have I just read?

“Ex Gretna & Morton ace”?

The best bit was this:
“I'm sure he's probably been offered jobs of this calibre before but wasn't ready.”

He’s SURE Angie was PROBABLY offered jobs in EPL before?

Absolute rubbish from start to finish.

All we can take from that hack’s crayoning is that Angie level is Gretna and Morton players, and that level of player can be a star in the A league. Thus, the A league is pretty rubbish.

Their best players from last year are either gone or want to leave, the dross still there aren’t good enough, the values of their few playing assets are declining daily, they are struggling to sell ST’s, they have a reduced budget to buy an entire 1st team if they want to be competitive, their fans are angry, disengaged and disenfranchised, they’ve just appointed a manager who hasn’t ever been consistently successful in the minor leagues he’s worked in and has no in-depth knowledge or experience of Scottish or European football, he also has no experience of managing a transfer budget worth more than a couple of million, their season starts in about a month’s time and thus manager can’t even get into the country to start work.

If we don’t scud them by at least 5 in August then I’ll be starting the “Gerrard must Go” campaign*

*this is not meant seriously, obviously

What the hell have I just read?

“Ex Gretna & Morton ace”?

The best bit was this:
“I'm sure he's probably been offered jobs of this calibre before but wasn't ready.”

*this is not meant seriously, obviously

This is a brilliant quote.

Gerrard nearly 20 years his junior jumped at the chance to come to a high calibre job... not waiting until he is 55 until he is ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back