Ange Postecoglou - New Celtic Manager Confirmed - All Chat In Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
No fears there with Steven at the helm.
They won't be bursting the bank to hand no mark newcomer Angie squillions and they have a massive rebuild to undertake.
We are simply miles ahead of them and Steven will not be letting any standards drop and indeed will be improving on last season.
They handed popcorn teeth a small fortune (or at least they spent to get the title)

Putting the blue tinted specs to the side for a minute and weighing everything up rationally from both sides, I have absolutely no fears whatsoever about anything they do.

We are now miles ahead in every department and getting stronger.

they flung the kitchen sink at it last season and finished 20 plus points behind.

They dont overturn that in the space of 2 transfer windows

Football is a strange sport at times-it can throw up unexpected results and it can see the written off become heroes.

That's one side of it. The other side of things is that any appointment to a top level job really needs to be the best candidate available....that's not this guy and that's their main problem. A club who has lost the support and faith in where they are heading needed a strong appointment to re-engage with them and get them putting their hands in their pockets. This is about as far away from that as you can get.

Stevie G was a big gamble but it was different from a Pedro style appointment which this guy echoes....a given style in a foreign league-a different world from the Scottish league. Stevie G also absolutely had the charisma, steel and leadership qualities to maximise his squad's desire to deliver for him. This guy will need to win over his squad and you can't seriously suggest that the more established players are either excited or fearful at the arrival of this guy. They'll be thinking %^*& I thought we were a big club.

Celtic have had in my opinion the biggest setback in their history and as such the way in what things have fallen apart the biggest distance between those running the show and the fans since before McCann took over. Appointing this guy in those circumstances means you won't find a word in the English language to describe the level of risk involved.

It would appear a big selling point on this guy is the cliche he likes to play attacking football, someone surely should note that attacking football wasn't their problem last season.

I think most of us are on the same page that we saw our greatest victory this season in our history and we've seen our biggest rivals spiral through disasters that are beyond parody. It's like a dream come true.

Finally to go back to the start IF this guy delivers success it's not been planned, it won't be genius insight or anything like it. This is the equivalent of a player running to hit a crucial penalty and just shuts his eyes and blooters it....if it goes in it's just the random chance you take when your best effort is to hope it turns out ok because you need to do something.

They are grasping at straws 100%.
I much, much prefer agreeing with you. Well said and covered all the salient points.

On one page on their forum. :D what a way to greet one of their own. Don’t they know his bedroom was full of mhank posters :D

Strap yourselves in, it's gonna be shampoo

At least it done.
Utter shambles of an appointment but at least we can stop discussing what's and ifs...
I give home 6 months in the sacking sweepstake.

At least it done.
Utter shambles of an appointment but at least we can stop discussing what's and ifs...

Ah well.

Enjoy your 6-10 months in Scotland Ange.

When Celtic want a manager they go out and get them pronto.

Good luck big fella, you're gonna need it.

Absolutely ludicrous

Welcome. Good Luck you'll need it in abundance.

Still can't get behind the appointment on this no mark. A totally reckless gamble. Don’t expect him to succeed. Not his fault tho as shouldn't even be on our radar.

They have no money.
They can't afford top end players.
They have no players who want to stay.
They have had to get a manager who hasn't managed to a higher level.
They are shite.
They will finish 2nd.

On one page on their forum. :D what a way to greet one of their own. Don’t they know his bedroom was full of mhank posters :D

At least it done.

At least it done.

Ah well.

Absolutely ludicrous

Still can't get behind the appointment on this no mark. A totally reckless gamble. Don’t expect him to succeed. Not his fault tho as shouldn't even be on our radar.

I take it this is the general consensus and they're not swallowing the media turd polishing spin of Guardiola being in awe of him etc? I couldn't bring myself to go on one of their forums and living in England I thankfully don't come into contact with any of the scum, so it'd be interesting to hear how they're taking it. Not well it seems!

I take it this is the general consensus and they're not swallowing the media turd polishing spin of Guardiola being in awe of him etc? I couldn't bring myself to go on one of their forums and living in England I thankfully don't come into contact with any of the scum, so it'd be interesting to hear how they're taking it. Not well it seems!
That was the comments from the first page. Only the first page :D

I don’t often go on. But it’s funny at times.

Reactions: ao2
That's a cracker from Lawwell giving their hordes the impression this guy was on their radar for some time. Does this guy have no shame,the bare faced lies,well seen it was an E mail. A rolling contract to someone they'd allegedly been chasing for a while,pull the other one. If they swallow that then their even bigger mugs than what they've been taken for already.

Last edited:
That's a cracker from Lawwell giving their hordes the impression this guy was on their radar for some time. Does this guy have no shame,the bare faced lies,well seen it was an E mail. A rolling contract they'd allegedly been chasing for a while,pull the other one. If they swallow that then their even bigger mugs than what they've been taken for already.
I thought lieswell had gone?

The tarri3rs are upset because The Aussie dud has been having strategic discussions with Peter liewell.

This is fvcking delicious, I hope he knows liewell is waving bye bye Celt*c.

Big Ange wasn’t happy when questioned about JFK’s role in all of this

anigif_sub-buzz-24834-1495511445-1.gif

Been waiting for a reference to Wold Creek!

Football is a strange sport at times-it can throw up unexpected results and it can see the written off become heroes.

That's one side of it. The other side of things is that any appointment to a top level job really needs to be the best candidate available....that's not this guy and that's their main problem. A club who has lost the support and faith in where they are heading needed a strong appointment to re-engage with them and get them putting their hands in their pockets. This is about as far away from that as you can get.

Stevie G was a big gamble but it was different from a Pedro style appointment which this guy echoes....a given style in a foreign league-a different world from the Scottish league. Stevie G also absolutely had the charisma, steel and leadership qualities to maximise his squad's desire to deliver for him. This guy will need to win over his squad and you can't seriously suggest that the more established players are either excited or fearful at the arrival of this guy. They'll be thinking %^*& I thought we were a big club.

Celtic have had in my opinion the biggest setback in their history and as such the way in what things have fallen apart the biggest distance between those running the show and the fans since before McCann took over. Appointing this guy in those circumstances means you won't find a word in the English language to describe the level of risk involved.

It would appear a big selling point on this guy is the cliche he likes to play attacking football, someone surely should note that attacking football wasn't their problem last season.

I think most of us are on the same page that we saw our greatest victory this season in our history and we've seen our biggest rivals spiral through disasters that are beyond parody. It's like a dream come true.

Finally to go back to the start IF this guy delivers success it's not been planned, it won't be genius insight or anything like it. This is the equivalent of a player running to hit a crucial penalty and just shuts his eyes and blooters it....if it goes in it's just the random chance you take when your best effort is to hope it turns out ok because you need to do something.

They are grasping at straws 100%.

A very good point.

I can't believe they are taking a punt on the "rebuild"

It's the equivalent of using an inexpensive unknown foreign contractor to remodel your house.

Sure he/she (everyone / anyone ;):D) has experience building in a foreign country, and he/she will have to learn how to build in accordance with new codes etc...….but if it goes horribly wrong you really can't complain too much or blame others.

He could be a good coach, he probably is, however what they’ve done is give us another advantage whilst we are ahead. We both shop in the same markets for players and any player given the choice between working with Steven Gerrard or a guy most in those markets won’t have heard of there’s only going to be one winner.

And the size of their rebuild means they will have to get about 10 signings spot on.

They keep quoting Rodgers and Pep. Do they really expect a manager to come out after a friendly and say the opposition manager is shite?

Why does that read like some advert for a crappy dish sponge from JML?

"The new manager will come in and win everything with his fantastic style of play.

But don't just take my word for it, let's hear from Moira, age 63 from Hull..."

He could be a good coach, he probably is, however what they’ve done is give us another advantage whilst we are ahead. We both shop in the same markets for players and any player given the choice between working with Steven Gerrard or a guy most in those markets won’t have heard of there’s only going to be one winner.

And the size of their rebuild means they will have to get about 10 signings spot on.

I’m not so sure we will be shopping in the same markets tbh. The DoF and the scouting system we have, I believe, is light years ahead of anything they can muster up this season. It may very well take them years to reach where we currently are in that regard.

I think we’ll be aware and looking at players they won’t have a clue even exist.

The dhims have been taken for an absolute ride. To portray this appointment as some mercurial business decision is quite disingenuous, especially when they've fought hard and had multiple discussions, culminating in a one year rolling contract.

Not exactly giving him a vote of confidence whilst attempting to wring season ticket money out of the rhattlers. If this goes wrong, it will go massively wrong and we will see a return to the piggery covering the top tier with banners even when the scum are allowed back in.

I for one, cannot fvcking wait for the new season. Get the Euros tae fvck and let the real fitba begin!!

I’m not so sure we will be shopping in the same markets tbh. The DoF and the scouting system we have, I believe, is light years ahead of anything they can muster up this season. It may very well take them years to reach where we currently are in that regard.

I think we’ll be aware and looking at players they won’t have a clue even exist.
They're still shopping at the barras.

From a quick glance at their twitter, and SSB that lots support are very negative about the appointment, but it’s also got the right amount of happy clappers who think it’s a good appointment. Much like the Lennon lovers in their support last season who backed him constantly and in turn just made the Lennon haters more infuriated about it all.

Few of their ‘star’ players leave, an early European exit and that lot will be back storming the piggery.

I’m a firm believer in Dave Kings house of cards analogy, but I do believe we’re just watching the start of it. If we keep our standards up, continue romping the league whilst that lot watch another gap grow, a mass exodus of players, Peter still involved with the board, European exit - that lot could be looking for their fourth manager in a calendar year whilst we cruise towards automatic champions league group spots. At this point the house will have well and truly toppled.

The Dalgleish poster is because Ange has said quite a few times he was a Liverpool fan!

Amazing that that mob have turned this into him even knowing about their shitey wee club. "Yeah mate... yeah... that's Kenny! Legend! Oh... for Celtic? Was he? Brilliant mate. I'll be able to get a pic with Stevie too if my hands ain't too sweaty before his team walk all over us then mate." B-D

At least it done.

At least it done.

Ah well.

Absolutely ludicrous

Most managers would be given a couple of bad results grace period when taking on a big job

This poor fucker has a full rebuild and his first draw will see them in the car park

It truly is delightful to sit back and anticipate the complete carnage next season could turn into for them

gerrard will strive to make us better and move us forward but more importantly will not underestimate our opponents(he's been in football long enough to know better), he keeps doing what he's doing, then no matter what the tims do, we'll stay ahead of them, part of their downfall was believing their own hype, gerrard would not allow that shit from our players

Theyve been tracking Ange for years...
Hes loved them since he was a nipper..
This is a love across the ages.

Perhaps best encapsulated by his fellow Aussies who once sang this:-

Especially for you
I want to let you know what I was going through
All the time we were apart
I thought of you
You were in my heart
My love never changed
I still feel the same

No more dreaming about tomorrow
Forget the loneliness and the sorrow
I've got to say
It's all because of you

And now we're back together, together
I want to show you my heart is oh so true
And all the love I have is
Especially for you

No more loneliness indeed, they can be hopelessly out of their depth together. Forever.

I’ve heard a few Aussie journos/pundits say Ange’s training will be tough. I wonder how tough it can be without a drop off on the pitch later in the season, especially if they’re playing high tempo.

I heard Wilson on Clyde say we’d see how he gets on when It comes to European groups. I can’t see how they’ll possibly build a team and get through qualifiers. Unless he was meaning conference league groups.

The most interesting period will be from when big Ange is allowed out of quarantine until the first proper match of the season.

In that period Celtic will have to find a DOF who can hit the ground running.
Then they will have to sell unhappy players before they can start signing 10-12 new players.
The Tims reaction to this will be crucial as they will be expected to cough up for season tickets and merch to fund it.
It could all go to shit before a ball is kicked in anger.
Hilarious.
Imagine if his first signings are Australian and Japanese......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back