Ange Postecoglou - New Celtic Manager Confirmed - All Chat In Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno if it's been said on here

But Manchester city owners own Yokohama f marinos, Big Angie's old club, and guess who is involved with Manchester city, Peter lawells son,

I listened to SSB earlier. I know, but it’s been comedy gold recently. Anyway one of them phoned in and said this will be his building season. Aye ok. I’m sure the mentally challenged will accept that.
Coming from Australia I’m guessing he’s seen plenty of sharks. He’ll be seeing them in car parks before Christmas.

Old CEO been tracking him for years. Hmmm, maybe he could have quietly encouraged him to get his coaching qualifications but then again, the new CEO says he was impressed with his coaching credentials. WTF. Do these clowns really think their following buy any of their shite? Of course they will as they have faith and must support their club at all costs. Then again, sharkgate, sack the board etc doesn’t quite back the faithful through and through credo.

The most interesting period will be from when big Ange is allowed out of quarantine until the first proper match of the season.

In that period Celtic will have to find a DOF who can hit the ground running.
Then they will have to sell unhappy players before they can start signing 10-12 new players.
The Tims reaction to this will be crucial as they will be expected to cough up for season tickets and merch to fund it.
It could all go to shit before a ball is kicked in anger.
Hilarious.
Imagine if his first signings are Australian and Japanese......
With the backing he'll get, he'll be lucky to sign kangaroos and only then if he can get them work permits. He is now the miracle worker of course.

:D

I still can't believe this has actually happened.
Amazing times, they've got some serious problems behind the scenes are are preparing for years of downsizing, perhaps child abuse cases coming to roost?

I listened to SSB earlier. I know, but it’s been comedy gold recently. Anyway one of them phoned in and said this will be his building season. Aye ok. I’m sure the mentally challenged will accept that.
Coming from Australia I’m guessing he’s seen plenty of sharks. He’ll be seeing them in car parks before Christmas.
They keep comparing him to Venglos. He lost his first two league games and had 29 points after 15 games. There's no way this guy survives that kind of points total. 1996 was long before social media and fan groups. The groin brigade will have their sharks at the ready if he gets that kind of start.

They're saying they're expecting a rebuilding year, but we've seen this season, they don't have the stomach for it. Expect the banners to be back out in the top tier and crowds in the 20,000 range.

Heard tonight they are signing Jason Kerr as his first signing.
Don’t think he’s jumped out as anything special v us?
Its going to be interesting the type of team they’re going to build and who will build it given the shambles their recruitment was last season.

Old CEO been tracking him for years. Hmmm, maybe he could have quietly encouraged him to get his coaching qualifications but then again, the new CEO says he was impressed with his coaching credentials. WTF. Do these clowns really think their following buy any of their shite? Of course they will as they have faith and must support their club at all costs. Then again, sharkgate, sack the board etc doesn’t quite back the faithful through and through credo.

Honestly, if he was tracking him for THAT long then surely he should've/would've been given the job after Rodgers left.

The Scum were still in a strong position squad-wise and although Stevie G was slowly setting our stall up the right way, the Aussie Pep would have had at least six to eight easy months to coast into the job and still win trophies rather handily.

Soooooooooo, I call bullsh*t on the whole 'tracking for years' comments.

They keep comparing him to Venglos. He lost his first two league games and had 29 points after 15 games. There's no way this guy survives that kind of points total. 1996 was long before social media and fan groups. The groin brigade will have their sharks at the ready if he gets that kind of start.

They're saying they're expecting a rebuilding year, but we've seen this season, they don't have the stomach for it. Expect the banners to be back out in the top tier and crowds in the 20,000 range.
Some are saying he needs time but there’s no way the majority will give him it. They’re already saying the league is more important than last season due to CL qualification. More important for them though is to show last season was a blip and we’re not really back on top. They can’t cope with the idea we’re ahead again.

I’ve had my laugh over this appointment, now it gets serious. At least we won’t be standing still like what they did during the end of Rodgers tenure and thereafter by appointing Lennon.

We have a management team that strive to be the very best they can. The want, need, desire, passion, hunger and commitment to continue to improve and reach new levels.

We will never look backwards. We will never settle for mediocrity and will always look to reach new heights.

Ange Postecoglou can play all the attack minded football we wants. He can growl all he wants and he can bump his gums about his man management skills. He’s got major weaknesses and flaws that can be exploited, he’s never managed a big club, he has never managed in the caldron of a city like Glasgow and he’s already got a number of his own on his back before a ball has been kicked. That and a complete squad overhaul required.

We keep the heads down and focus on one thing and one thing only, the Rangers.

A rebuilding year is all well and good if the manager is given time. The hoarde will be calling for his head by Christmas if we've got a decent lead by then.
You also need to factor in that everyone you buy in won't be a success and it might take a 3/4 windows before you get a good squad. They might get lucky and get enough players that perform well enough to be first 11 players but they'll not have a good enough squad for a few seasons.

He's bringing his Ned Kelly armour ready for the first protest -

ned-kellys-armour.jpg
He's gonna need it when they are "storming the car park" (again).

You have to wonder why no one - not any top flight Greek club - no middle east team - no US. side - felt 'brave' enough to get this guy on board before now - if he genuinely is one of the top 10 coaches out there ?

There's been plenty of time after all - his best successes aren't too recent are they ?
So why didn't someone take a chance on
him when his stock was at it's highest ?

I've got my suspicions mind you

Given that Ronny Dildo still manages in the little clique of City Group mini clubs then yes, yes, it is bloody obvious they know the guy and had to take him as they had no other options left.
Recommendation from feral fergal before he fucking pied them!

Ange? Ange? Who the %^*& is Ange?

This has to be the chant next season while we are scudding them :D

Being on a 12 month rolling contract doesn't exactly scream confidence. After their second arse kicking from us in the league the sharks will be getting dusted off.
I want them to search the fixtures list next week for the first old firm game, I want their heart to skip a beat with fright and disappointment. I want them frightened at seeing blue jersey.

I still can’t quite get over it. This is a bizarre appointment by any stretch of the imagination. As much as I detest them, I thought they’d be able to bring in a more high profile coach than Postc…Posteco…him.

Clyde ssb was predictable tonight. Every one of them not exactly jumping with joy but ra sellick fans must get behind him. They couldn’t get behind a club “legend” like Lemmon so I think this guy might be in for a shock if they get papped out of Europe early on and we scud them in the first old firm game.

Building season? New barriers in the car park maybe.

Anyone bet against Keevins tomorrow night suddenly changing his tone and his tack? From the incredulous and critical back to the kissybumlick apologist. Nothing is surer as he tries to wheedle is nasally whiny way back into favour with the parkhead blazers.

Pig eyed Pete putting his name to this, gives the Rugby guy an easy out in 6 months to appoint Clarke and say Ange was never his pick
They released an interview with McKay on the back of the Ange interview. McKay seems to be owning Angies appointment. They’ll scattergun the whole club anyway when they’re rioting so they won’t miss him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back