Ange Postecoglou - New Celtic Manager Confirmed - All Chat In Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was surprised/pissing myself at the interview he did with Gerry McCulloch. There's a point where he literally calls him "mate", laying on the Ozzie patter so thick. "I've been following Tommy Rogic".

Not to become some kind of speech psychologist, but you'd think that - given the obvious scepticism towards someone from an Australian background — he'd be trying to tone down that patter, giving away nothing. Instead, he plays up to the stereotype, sounding like he's just waltzed off the set of Neighbours.

He is also clearly a Liverpool obsessive. Can't wait to see him shit his pants when he sees The Gaffer in the flesh for the first time.

Clyde ssb was predictable tonight. Every one of them not exactly jumping with joy but ra sellick fans must get behind him. They couldn’t get behind a club “legend” like Lemmon so I think this guy might be in for a shock if they get papped out of Europe early on and we scud them in the first old firm game.
Those calls were vetted. No fucking way that was the consensus among the crash barriers.

It's the Scottish contingent in their squad that will know this will be a disaster.

Which is extremely pleasing.

Since it looks like that'll be the core left of their squad in Taylor, Turnbull, Johnston, Christie, Forrest and McGregor we can only hope that they take the typical Scottish footballers attitude to someone who "doesn't understand the league"

Pedro / PLG, Alessio at Killie, Maximo and Landi at Livi all got it when the Scottish players just chuck it altogether and it descends in to face within a few months as the foreign players stop caring too.

Given the bizarre league we play in where absolute thuggery is allowed and players in the mould of Ross Tokeley and Kirk Broadfoot can continue to haunt you, you absolutely need a core of Scots to be driving your team on .

Unless you have a beyond supremely talented squad like Advocaat in 99 (and even that had Ferguson at his peak as it's heartbeat) there's something else that's required to succeed here. Even with that sort of team too, you see how quickly it can descend in to chaos.

Personally, I hope that at least a couple of those mentioned above also move on and it removes even more players who "get it"

Last edited:
Just scroll past if you aren't interested in this thread, mate.
There are loads on the front page I ignore because they don't interest me. What I don't do, is open the threads I don't like and ask for it to be removed.
I always found that odd, it happens all the time, people come in to a thread to tell us all how they aren’t interested in the topic of the thread………..ok……….go and look at another one then!

Is that the cûnt with the ponytail and dodgy ‘tache? He looks like a gay pirate.
If that’s gonna be the standard of signing, they’re going to have a long painful season…

come on mate, Im all for having a joke, but you do know in this day and age that that kind of stuff can be offensive?

you should remove this post as it will only reflect badly on the Rangers fanbase.

pirates lives matter

as much as we laugh at the fat Aussie...craig foster is and always has been an absolute roaster. A more deluded and arrogant twat you couldnt find tbh
FFS that interview is hard on the ears, could only watch a few minutes. Ange makes TLB sound like one of the Dimbleby brothers.

By the way, Ange is short for 'phalange' which the Urban Dictionary defines as ;

Phalange
A part of an aeroplane that doesn't exist, but is broken. If it is broken, you must evacuate the plane. The Air hostesses will most likely try to pretend everything is fine. Everything is not fine, you must leave the plane immediately.
"There is a problem with the left Phalange"

I'm beginning to think of Ange as an early Christmas present. :))

Jackson Irvine and Martin Boyle will be stick on targets for them.
Boyle is the biggest diver in the league so will fit right in.

Let’s hope that is the standard they target. Both are rank. The two players that plays for Yokohama; Elber and Marcos Junior are two Ange Postecoglou likes. I wonder if he will try and make a move? Never set foot in European football.

How much will they be spending this summer?

They sold the Polish dud to the MLS and Jack Hendry for a reported 4/5 million for those 2, throw in the money from Jedward going to Leicester they will have about £15,000,0000 from recent player sales?

Let’s hope that is the standard they target. Both are rank. The two players that plays for Yokohama; Elber and Marcos Junior are two Ange Postecoglou likes. I wonder if he will try and make a move? Never set foot in European football.
He very well may, at least put it to the board even.
I reckon the targets will have been drawn up by whoever is at the club already.
He wont have been scouting Europe/Britain recently. He'll get what he's given largely.

He very well may, at least put it to the board even.
I reckon the targets will have been drawn up by whoever is at the club already.
He wont have scouting Europe/Britain recently. He'll get what he's given largely.

Who’s at the club already?

Lawwell, Kennedy, Strachan?

Who’s at the club already?

Lawwell, Kennedy, Strachan?
As mad as it sounds, yeah probably whoever makes up their football dept now.
Peter has his dealings with that Israeli agent also.
I reckon half the HIV's team could be targets.
The two mentioned plus the goalie Marciano and Nisbett. Chuck in that little clogger at the back Porteous.

Just a wee recap....... :p
Missing out on key targets who could have been excellent and then signing others, at great expense, who turned out to be hopeless. The slapstick with their goalkeepers, the Shane Duffy signing, millions spent on two poor strikers. The Boli Bolingoli fiasco, the ill-fated trip to Dubai and Lennon's seriously ill-advised media conference in its wake, the horrible losses to Sparta Prague and Rangers (4-1, 4-1, 4-1), the exit from the League Cup to Ross County. The constant talk of players wanting out, the fact that they finished a scarcely believable 25 points behind Rangers in what was supposed to be their 10-in-a-row season.

When you put it like that...........it wasn't all that great as year for them, was it?

As mad as it sounds, yeah probably whoever makes up their football dept now.
Peter has his dealings with that Israeli agent also.
I reckon half the HIV's team could be targets.
The two mentioned plus the goalie Marciano and Nisbett. Chuck in that little clogger at the back Porteous.
Are they planning to finish 3rd?

Its not like you are taking Hibs best players and sprinkling in some EPL standard players like Elynoussi, Penouard and Duffy B-D B-D B-D B-D

How much will they be spending this summer?

They sold the Polish dud to the MLS and Jack Hendry for a reported 4/5 million for those 2, throw in the money from Jedward going to Leicester they will have about £15,000,0000 from recent player sales?
Their sugar daddies might see this as the last chance for a while to syphon off some profit.

Are they planning to finish 3rd?

Its not like you are taking Hibs best players and sprinkling in some EPL standard players like Elynoussi, Penouard and Duffy B-D B-D B-D B-D
Cheap options for them though, they've got about 10 players to come in so need to keep the cost down.
3rd place would be funny but the sheep are pish and HIV's will be weakened losing players.
Maybe St Johnstone can run them close!

Cheap options for them though, they've got about 10 players to come in so need to keep the cost down.
3rd place would be funny but the sheep are pish and HIV's will be weakened losing players.
Maybe St Johnstone can run them close!
It was a joke about Hibs being 3rd last year and Celtic apparently wanting to field all the players from that 3rd ranked team.

It's difficult to discuss this appointment with any great rationale, because we simply don't know a great deal about him. His record statistically doesn't stand out; his experience is hard to assess in terms of saying with any certainty that he could be a success for instance. I honestly thought they were going to appoint Steve Clarke, and there was also a period where it most definitely looked to be Eddie Howe; the appointment of either of those two would have given some sort of basis for an opinion. This appointment is very difficult to say anything clear about; if he proves to be successful it will be surprising. His recruitment, and who he keeps of his current squad will be the first indicators of what kind of manager he actually is.

A very well thought out and rationale post…however we are not here for that. The Jungle Jim’s have just signed Rolf Harris’s brother from a team in the J league so all I want is memes and people taking the piss out of him.

Just a question, now this second choice no-mark has actually been appointed do we need this thread still open?
It appears to be an important enough thread for you to be taking up your precious time to enter it, read it and respond to it.

The thread isn't to discuss whether he will be celtic manager, so why now remove it just because he "has actually been appointed"?

People are still discussing their thoughts predictions, opinions, questions, theories etc.

I'm sorry but posts like the one you've just posted do my nut right in:))

If people don't like the concept of a thread they should just ignore it mate it's really that simple.

Last edited by a moderator:
They’ll be linked with every Aussie and Japanese lad under the (rising) sun.

Im just surprised the daily record and sun haven’t done their shitey “here’s who could line up for Celtic” articles yet filled with Oz and Japanese jobbers.

hope not, I like Ryan, decent keeper
almost signed for us as well

Should we feel sorry for the guy? He hasn’t the foggiest idea what he’s letting himself in for. He’s been sold a dream.
But do I really feel sorry for him, not a chance. I hope his dream has monsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back