Ange Postecoglou - New Celtic Manager Confirmed - All Chat In Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
They aren’t going to Tynecastle on the first day of the season and turning Hearts over, even with Robbie Neilson in charge.

Hearts start pre season training tomorrow whilst Celtic’s manager hasn’t even set foot in Scotland.
I’ve no idea if Hearts have signed anyone this Summer but from what I saw of them last season they are dire. Notwithstanding taking the Dhims to penalties at Hampden. Bottom 6 beckons. It won’t be the sort of tough game we normally associate with Tynecastle.

When I was 18 and taking my first pint in the local...the landlady was big Angie. A large buxom lass with a hearty laugh. She was fond of the Boaby as testified by some of the regulars. I keep thinking of Big Angie when I see the name of the new Celtic boss.

Wow. Then 10 days from then. Nuts!
I think he'll probably be in Australia just now. It's on the green list.

If he isolates in Australia for 14 days he can then enter the UK without isolating.

Tims are just waiting on his UEFA competence hearing and work permit. He's probably still 10-20 days away from being able to take a training session.

Not really been paying attention to what's happening with them lately. So sorry if already covered. Is the Bravest man in football still involved with them, now and in new regime?

I think he'll probably be in Australia just now. It's on the green list.

If he isolates in Australia for 14 days he can then enter the UK without isolating.

Tims are just waiting on his UEFA competence hearing and work permit. He's probably still 10-20 days away from being able to take a training session.
Not sure that really adds up

Be quicker flying direct from Japan and doing a 10 day a 10 day quarantine here

Rather than flying to aus and doing a 14 day quarantine

Champs league draw tomorrow

Galatasaray, Midgetland of Austria Vienna

Preferably one of the first two?
Galatasaray, just so their fans can backtrack on how shite they are these days given that was the only plausible reason we beat them last season. Plus I think they will scud them, it wasn't an easy game for us and it was a 1 leg play off at home.

Lennon discussing last season from about 30 mins in

He doesn't have a work permit to enter the UK.

He doesn't have the required qualifications to work here and can't get a work permit until he gets the all clear from UEFA.

That's why to me, he is probably in Australia just now. Plus if he was in the UK just now, it would be all over the mhedia or on KDS.

Tim’s now linked with former player Erik Sviatchenko hopefully this goes through Alfie would rag doll him all day long sorry just seen already posted

Galatasaray, just so their fans can backtrack on how shite they are these days given that was the only plausible reason we beat them last season. Plus I think they will scud them, it wasn't an easy game for us and it was a 1 leg play off at home.
The tims claimed midtjylland were shite, before losing to the team who finished miles behind them in the Danish league.

I'm sure they said Vienna were poor aswell.

Anyone of the 3 pumping them would be good.

Tim’s now linked with former player Erik Sviatchenko hopefully this goes through Alfie would rag doll him all day long sorry just seen already posted
They are taking the latest news well.. :))

'Unless Sviatchenko has grown two inches and added a yard of pace since the last time he couldn’t get into our team, it’s hard to see how re-signing him makes any sense whatsoever. What a mess we’ve become.'

'Bring Izaguirre back too while you're at it Celtic. Him, Sviatchenko and a fit Griffiths will be a force to be reckoned with.'

When is this Ange turning up to start his quarantine? It’s been almost a week since they appointed him and he’s not even in the country.
I asked the very same thing a few days ago.

They are taking the latest news well.. :))

'Unless Sviatchenko has grown two inches and added a yard of pace since the last time he couldn’t get into our team, it’s hard to see how re-signing him makes any sense whatsoever. What a mess we’ve become.'

'Bring Izaguirre back too while you're at it Celtic. Him, Sviatchenko and a fit Griffiths will be a force to be reckoned with.'
Genuinely he would be lucky to be our 5th choice CB fighting it out with Simpson

Lennon discussing last season from about 30 mins in

*42:15 in

Japanese sides aren't even a dominant force in Asian club football, Rangers and Celtic would win the Asian CL EVERY season no danger and others later stages easily

Japan have had the second most AFC winners behind Korea so not to sure what you want to see in terms of dominance or relevance.

If you go back and read my post you'll see i said that apart from Rangers and Celtic there would be no other SPL club that would do much against the top J League sides. That's just fact.

Japan have had the second most AFC winners behind Korea so not to sure what you want to see in terms of dominance or relevance.

If you go back and read my post you'll see i said that apart from Rangers and Celtic there would be no other SPL club that would do much against the top J League sides. That's just fact.
That’s just opinion. ;)

2nd best is dominating is it?

Erik Sviatchenko lined up for Celtic return transfer and could be Ange Postecoglou’s first signing

Daily Record
They are going backwards massively ok a lot of their fans rate him but he's 29 with no sell on value and they'll likely have to pay a fee to get him they're scouting is either all over the shop or non existent

They must know how bad their balance sheet is looking for the month’s end.

A £25m sale balanced their booms with 50k+ s/t sales.

Should they - as a plc - not be issuing a profits warning?

ps I am pretty worried about our accounts too,(as a one off I wouldn’t be surprised if our staff costs bust the £900k a week / £47m p a barrier ) but am hoping that the govt. loan aligned to the share sale partially mitigates Rangers’ COVID finance issues.

And I also said other side's in Scotland would easily get to the later stages, you are right about Korea and Japan but that other juggernaut of world football Saudi Arabia have had 1 less winner than mighty Japan. It's a shite region (still developing) full of shite sides. If you're not even the best team in a shite league then the standard is worse than worse and I say that as no big fan of our backwater league up here

Sviatchenko. The centre half that was slow, over 6ft yet jumped about 4ft and constantly brought players down by grappling, pulling their shirts. His first touch rolled up his shins and his second touch was a foul. Couldn’t get a game first time around. Now pushing on 30 (which isn’t old).

Bwhahahaha…

Sviatchenko. The centre half that was slow, over 6ft yet jumped about 4ft and constantly brought players down by grappling, pulling their shirts. His first touch rolled up his shins and his second touch was a foul. Couldn’t get a game first time around. Now pushing on 30 (which isn’t old).

Bwhahahaha…

He was also part of the Midtjylland defence which we cuffed twice and the same defence in the CL this season where they conceded 13 in 6 games.

He is dreadful, please come home!

How can you isolate in Australia then get on a plane full of folk who possibly havent been isolating and not have to isolate on arrival in the uk

Surely the isolation period starts on arrival in your destination incase you catch it on the journey?

Ridiculous

Last edited:
This guy is shaping up to be their Mark Warburton.

They'll be in for Rob Kiernan at this rate.

Surely people can now see that Warburton done what he was brought here to do, got us playing and turned us around to a capable SPFL team from the dross he inherited. We were never gonna be able to compete with them at that point.

This guy on the other hand makes 0 sense and has car crash written all over him. More like a Caixinha with a Warburton-esque philosophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back