Ange Postecoglou - New Celtic Manager Confirmed - All Chat In Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't have a work permit to enter the UK.

He doesn't have the required qualifications to work here and can't get a work permit until he gets the all clear from UEFA.

That's why to me, he is probably in Australia just now. Plus if he was in the UK just now, it would be all over the mhedia or on KDS.
Having applied for visas for my wife to live in the UK, I am pretty sure nothing has changed in that visa applications need to be made from your own country. He wouldnt be able to rock up to Heathrow, enter as a tourist and then apply from the UK. Oz passport, he would need to apply for a work visa from here.

Just checked and the bold Erik Portaloo is currently plying his trade for Indian Super League crack troops Bengaluru FC.

So if anyone is in a position to fortell the greatness of the new yahoo, its this guy.

even his own club website dont speak highly about him:

A journeyman in his own right, Erik Paartalu played for clubs in Australia, Scotland, China, Thailand, Qatar and South Korea before making the switch to Bengaluru in 2017. Capped twice by the Australian National Team, Paartalu is tasked with what footballers call the ‘dirty work’, heckling opposition midfielders and breaking down potential attacks. With a long diagonal punt to die for, Paartalu also plays a key role in Cuadrat’s attacking intent, providing the passes for Udanta and Chhetri to run onto while providing cover for the Blues’ defence line. The defining moment of Paartalu’s career, by his own admission, came when he scored Brisbane Roar’s equaliser with the last touch of the game in the 120th minute in the A-League final of 2011.

:D

ep.png

Ah the old long diagonal punt expert
You couldn’t make it up ....well someone could and what’s even worse they have printed it !

I thought they had ran out of craic but it just keeps coming

Having applied for visas for my wife to live in the UK, I am pretty sure nothing has changed in that visa applications need to be made from your own country. He wouldnt be able to rock up to Heathrow, enter as a tourist and then apply from the UK. Oz passport, he would need to apply for a work visa from here.
Yeah and like I was saying he probably doesn't qualify in a footballing sense just now. So until he gets that UEFA competence hearing he probably won't be able to get a work permit to enter the country.

Though I wouldn't put it past the SFA to grant them special dispensation and get him a permit.

By all accounts the Wednesday fans are completely indifferent to his leaving them. They're pissed off with the board for letting him away on a free but not the letting him away part.
A free transfer from a team at the bottom of the Championship isn’t worrying me too much.

This guy, by the time the season starts, will be the greatest manager to have ever graced the game. We are privileged to have someone like him teach us football and come to our league.

I hope I meet him in the Clyde Tunnel so I can pass on my praise.

But to be honest I don't think any one should be in the Clyde Tunnel when he passes through. No one is worthy

"You can only do so much when you have them. We feel we can improve them all physically, but from a conditioning point of view, you have to recruit players strong in those areas already to be able to play the way we did at Yokohama.''

F*ck, we can forget 56 now lads. He's going to have them playing like Yokohama!

I'm howling at these articles. Surely they don't think Timbo is buying this?
Of course they will. They have lapped up the sycophantic drivel from the media here for years, telling them how their players are worth hundreds of millions and that they are on a par with the greatest teams in the world. They bought it then , they'll continue to buy it. Liewell will make sure, there's money to be made from the deluded.

Defeat would mean a place in the Europa League third qualifying round against either Anorthosis Famagusta of Cyprus or the Czech Republic's Jablonec
When they drop out of there, do the drop into the Euro 2 Cup?
They might have a chance of getting out of the group stages of that tournament.

"You can only do so much when you have them. We feel we can improve them all physically, but from a conditioning point of view, you have to recruit players strong in those areas already to be able to play the way we did at Yokohama.''

At least they won't be playing like Roarcelona.

Paartalu is back in Greenock just now so cheap and easy interview. Anyone else with links to Australia then it's easy now to get your name in the papers.
I was there a few years ago, think I should give Keef a call for an exclusive? B-D

Ex-tourist claims Postecoglou is the greatest manager in history.

Of course they will. They have lapped up the sycophantic drivel from the media here for years, telling them how their players are worth hundreds of millions and that they are on a par with the greatest teams in the world. They bought it then , they'll continue to buy it. Liewell will make sure, there's money to be made from the deluded.
Haha hope so. I've not really been having a peek since the Euros started but they were definitely all to a man almost against appointing this guy.

So how did they finish 9th and 13th or something in 2 of the last 3 seasons in what is, let’s be honest, a dogshit league

Edouard and Ajer left for 50million yet

Shame he doesnt push himself physically.

Fat piece of shit.
If Gerrard pushes his squad in pre-season, they all know he worked even harder himself when he was playing.

Even Le Guen when he done it, as another poster mentioned, was off the back of running marathons through deserts, so wasn't asking them to do anything he couldn't do himself.

Imagine this guy telling his players to give him 10 more laps, while he's sat there stuffing his face with a fudge doughnut from Greggs.

You got to feel sorry for the Aussie, pre season training starting shortly, champions league qualifiers coming up, not even in the country yet, no real cash it would seem for some players, why would you take a job like that? looks like he will be getting thrown under the bus as the baying shark chuckers chase it up the road again.

Going to be another epic season keep up all the good work c***** total laugh factory.

The latest in the Record is Leipzig want him. Yesterday it was Leverkusen, last week it was Norwich and Burnley and before that it was AC Milan but they've finally had to admit that move will not be happening. Never has a player been linked with so many clubs without attracting one single bid.
Norwich and Newcastle were at least believable links

The latest in the Record is Leipzig want him. Yesterday it was Leverkusen, last week it was Norwich and Burnley and before that it was AC Milan but they've finally had to admit that move will not be happening. Never has a player been linked with so many clubs without attracting one single bid.
Newcastle scouts were in attendance the day he did the no look pass at 4-1 down. They would be mad not to sign him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back