Angeball

I still think they wrote this season off before last year's ended, told them they were getting Howe, to get a random in, randomly bring back Chesney, get the random to take the fall and give Chesney the rest of the season.

Seems a decent big guy but he is clearly hopelessly out of his depth over there.

The rush to hail this guy as some sort of coaching guru after two skelpings of a newly promoted team and a 10 man St Mirren was really something else. The only surprise was that mob didn't do what they did the last time they convinced themselves some nomark was the messiah and release a book by them with their guide to tactics, nutrition, fitness and the like.

Poor Alf, I almost feel sorry for him but at least he won't cheapen and whore himself round Celtic slophouses doing the roar for pints like that weirdo Deila does.

I said on the Dundee match thread I felt the t@rriers would drop points today, they are a really, really poor team for the money they have spent. No strength in depth with the most immobile midfield I have ever seen. Sit back and enjoy 56 troops

This. I still want us to be better than we are and we should be but I said leaving Ibrox after Motherwell if it comes down to it, we're going to win the League and quite easily at that. We're not dropping as much points as them, it's that simple.

He's having to work with a very poor squad (and first XI due to injuries right now) but he should still have enough on the pitch to beat the likes of Livi and Dundee United.

Aye but the thing is Fourlads, nobody will call it out! I’m really looking forward to the totally unbiased analysis on Sportscene tonight
Sportscene yesterday they were straight into they Dundee manager’s comments about pen and red card.
Let’s see what they do today lol

plus mentioned about our fans giving the thumb abuse.

He doesn’t quite grasp football in Glasgow tbh

The SPL isn’t a normal league - 2nd in any other league wouldn’t be seen as a bad result, in Glasgow 2nd is last

Same as Warbs TBH.

In his mind, getting promotion and leaving us in 3rd is a good job. Anywhere else and it probably would be but we all know Glasgow eats managers alive and you need a certain mindset to understand and survive it.

I can see his point, I wouldn't be calling the league after 7 games either but then I wouldn't patronise fans either given they're six points behind and us apart, played jobber teams and came up with less than 50% of the points available.

The Celtic support was always going to talk a good game about backing Alf. But in reality, like last season, a couple of bad results was always going send them over the edge.

There's no coach that could come into that team and do any better than this guy is doing. The media has hyped up the likes of Turnbull and McGregor but they are at best a Hibs or Hearts level player and as for Ralston he couldn't get a game for Ross County. The players that have come in I suspect was forced on him with the exception of the Japanese guy.
He is on a hiding to nothing.

Same as Warbs TBH.

In his mind, getting promotion and leaving us in 3rd is a good job. Anywhere else and it probably would be but we all know Glasgow eats managers alive and you need a certain mindset to understand and survive it.

I can see his point, I wouldn't be calling the league after 7 games either but then I wouldn't patronise fans either given they're six points behind and us apart, played jobber teams and came up with less than 50% of the points available.

The Celtic support was always going to talk a good game about backing Alf. But in reality, like last season, a couple of bad results was always going send them over the edge.
Aye, I wouldn’t expect him to be saying the leagues over but call a spade, a spade - you don’t drop 11 points in 7 games if you’re playing well

No chance their fans will stand by and accept it. Few more bad results and they’ll properly turn on him, honestly can’t wait for it :D

There were lots on here buying into it too.

'I can see what he's trying to do.'

Yep-who was the nutter that said we’d be fools to dismiss them and we’d be overjoyed at skelping sides by 6?

“Good Morning, City Group
Yes, yes I know just the man. Best kept secret in football. <stifles laughter> No, no never in Europe but he’s doing well in Japan”

There's no coach that could come into that team and do any better than this guy is doing. The media has hyped up the likes of Turnbull and McGregor but they are at best a Hibs or Hearts level player and as for Ralston he couldn't get a game for Ross County. The players that have come in I suspect was forced on him with the exception of the Japanese guy.
He is on a hiding to nothing.
McGregor isn’t a Hibs or Hearts player FS! I hate them but that is a ridiculous statement.

McGregor isn’t a Hibs or Hearts player FS! I hate them but that is a ridiculous statement.
People are either a liars or deluded if they genuinely think McGregors a bog standard SPFL player

He was dreadful last season but he’s played in European competitions for a decade and one of Scotland’s best players

Ange seems to be getting a free pass as he inherited a shambles. I’m fairly certain that Pedro had an even worse shambles to play with, plus he was up against Bwenden. Anyways, by the end of October we will be so far in front again that the Celic Da’s will be saying “can you see us now?” And we will say “yes, your mid table cannon fodder now”.

Genuine question.

Will he be afforded his own assistants eventually as a last throw of the dice before he is given the heave?

Back