Angeball

He’s 100% their Pedro. A massive roll of the dice that absolutely won’t work. You can see already that they are missing the qualities that you need to win a title up here. Look at the physicality of our squad and compare to their players. look at the experience of their squad and then look at our experience. He’s been thrown to the wolves.

He's in trouble already he adjusted a bit to the gig here but that interview will not sit with the fans-he sounds already under massive pressure because again he himself is referring to it.

Fans are running out of patience because they are not doing the basics and that's a long way back.

His first season in Japan ended with Yokohama in 12th place they were fighting relegation at one point .

His win percentage as a manager hovers around 50% for all the clubs he has managed .

His biggest problem is he doesn't have the players to match his style of play .

His stubbornness to change his system will be his downfall .

The only thing I will say is that I think they will get better as players come back. Fortunately they’ll also drop points with that system. We need to focus 100% on ourselves also though as we look like we’ll drop points this season also. Hopefully we can get settled over the next month and start to kick up the gears.

Said it before, trying to win 90 min games inside 30mins. Then trudging about like burst balls for the remaining hour.
has to be a contributing factor to the number of injuries they have as well - coupled with the supposedly mental training sessions

fuck them. hope he sticks to his principles. who's in charge over there these days? is it a patsy or someone with any authority to make a decision to axe him?

ah wait. it's Lawwell. same old for the scum!

Bastards the lot of them.

I said before was nicked that they'd score a lot of goals and dish out a fair few spankings to teams, its a certainty the way they play.
Never do it over 38 games though, especially when figured out.

The system is proven to be spot on if you are Pep’s barca or Man City team. The mutants have below average players being asked to play in a style they have never been used to. It doesn’t work and Ange’s refusal to change his approach will see him binned early in 2022

he doesn't seem to undertand that you need to win every game with the old firm, especially in the league as we have a shit load more dough than the rest of the teams in the league, he just does not get that. I'd say gerrard inherited a bigger mess than ange, but the difference is gerrard knew we have to win while trying to improve the team, that's the mindset you only get and understand if you've spent years and years at big clubs with big demands like Liverpool for example, and is smart enough not to force a style of play on the team he does not have the players for, he said himself when asked how we'd play, his answer "winning matches" be competitive, hard to play against etc, none of this pipedream of playing like a peak barca team

he doesn't seem to undertand that you need to win every game with the old firm, especially in the league as we have a shit load more dough than the rest of the teams in the league, he just does not get that. I'd say gerrard inherited a bigger mess than ange, but the difference is gerrard knew we have to win while trying to improve the team, that's the mindset you only get and understand if you've spent years and years at big clubs with big demands like Liverpool for example, and is smart enough not to force a style of play on the team he does not have the players for, he said himself when asked how we'd play, his answer "winning matches" be competitive, hard to play against etc, none of this pipedream of playing like a peak barca team

We had a manager who thought like this once, le guen. He didn't last long.

The Australian for champions is boo, that’s why their fans where so animated at the full time whistle

I’m still genuinely amazed at how much of a pass Postecoglou is getting from the Celtic fans and media. There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that he’s as good as is being made out. Total blind faith that he’ll get it right and excuses about needing more transfer windows and the board letting him down. Apart from Kyogo and arguably Abada, the vast majority of everyone else he’s brought in have been average at best and some haven’t even played much yet. Celtic are still weak at the back which you would have thought would be the first thing looked at but appears Ange isn’t fucked about keeping a clean sheet. Can he be trusted to bring others in to suit his “Angeball” system? I still maintain players aren’t going to be buzzing to come and play for him compared to someone like Steven Gerrard.

I know it’s been said loads but the criticism Pedro Caixinha got (who also came from a similar background) was savage compared to Ange. Some of our fans also had blind faith with Pedro thinking he’d get it right but it was no way the majority which appears to be the case for Ange who has universal support from the Celtic fans. The thing with football in Glasgow, especially with Celtic fans is that it can turn for the worse at the drop of a hat. Before he knows it he will be getting called out for these kind of results and his total lack of understanding when it comes to comments in the media.

I’m still delighted they brought him in as I just can’t see how it gets better anytime soon. On this viewing it’s everything everyone other than Celtic fans, and I include those in the media, knew it would likely be.

i think hes out his depth.

Hes not used to this win at any cost football, rememberr the 'hed rather draw 4-4 than 1-0 nonsense' it seems true. He won the league with Yokahoma then came 9th the following season. the team couldn cope with the demands of Continental football and his style of play. Injuries too were a problem and now look how many they have...

Poostecoglou's 'win percentage' after first 16 games compared to Murty and Caixinha

gn20.png

I said on the Dundee match thread I felt the t@rriers would drop points today, they are a really, really poor team for the money they have spent. No strength in depth with the most immobile midfield I have ever seen. Sit back and enjoy 56 troops
I'm more concerned about Hibs and hearts stopping 56

Kyogo and our relatively poor start has probably saved him from having serious questions being asked, but it’s coming.

They’re already talking about must win games and ‘the league is not insurmountable’, if we can put a run together then the pressure will be too much for them.

He’s been dealt a shit hand by their board but he’s also been lucky that kyogo hit the ground running so quickly, that we didn’t make the CL and, ironically, that barkas had such a howler before the transfer window shut as it looked like they weren’t going to bring in a keeper and hart has improved them.

Kyogo, Abada, CCV, Hart and Jota all look like decent buys maybe even the Croatian so maybe he could build something but doubt he’ll get the time now. It’s already looking like the beginning of the end. A hammering against Leverkusen and any dropped points at Aberdeen could be the point of no return.

I'm more concerned about Hibs and hearts stopping 56
Might be tongue in cheek comment from you but I'm starting to think that way. With our reduced level of performance (ie goals for) I can see this being a proper competition this year. Then again if we can recapture our form we should be pulling away come January...by then Ross and not Clark will be at piggery.

Genuine question.

Will he be afforded his own assistants eventually as a last throw of the dice before he is given the heave?
debatable. Last week he demanded his own backroom team. They found him a ex-bradford / ex-morton fitness guy but called him ex spurs as this was his club initially not where he ended up.

Meanwhile the fitness guy he replaced went to Red Bull in Germany.

Gavin Strachan and the laptop are supposedly bullet proof under the present celtic board.

Gerrard had a clear plan of what needed improved, and the signings were made to remedy it. He didn't exactly keep it a secret, he told everyone his thoughts on the 3-2 OF defeat before he came in. Get a fit team and sign players to fit your system. Over the road they seemed to sign people in a scatter gun fashion, leaving big gaps in certain positions and other signings (Starfelt) who apparently isn't suited to how they want to play.

He has walked into to this job with his eyes shut or he has completely lost his mind judging by that statement. Seemingly they were booed off the park but he thinks the fans are happy with the way they are playing.
You can only begin to imagine the abuse Pedro would have taken if he had said similar. Up until now we have seen numerous tweets about Angeball, free flowing football and projects but surely the penny must be dropping with them now?
They try to kid on themselves and anyone else who cares to listen that they must have patience and give him time but I don’t believe that for a second especially after results like today’s.
There’s definitely a meltdown in the post.

His philosophy seems to be gung ho at 1000mph scattergun approach with seemingly very litttle structure or tactical instruction or defensive setup.

An absolute recipe for disaster

His first season in Japan ended with Yokohama in 12th place they were fighting relegation at one point .

His win percentage as a manager hovers around 50% for all the clubs he has managed .

His biggest problem is he doesn't have the players to match his style of play .

His stubbornness to change his system will be his downfall .
He’s 100% their Pedro. A massive roll of the dice that absolutely won’t work. You can see already that they are missing the qualities that you need to win a title up here. Look at the physicality of our squad and compare to their players. look at the experience of their squad and then look at our experience. He’s been thrown to the wolves.
Thrown to the wolves and spent around £20m? First half at Ibrox we allowed them to play decent football but 2nd half we destroyed them. All well and good battering the promoted teams at home in August but its a different ball game in Scotland against cloggers come the winter months.

He has walked into to this job with his eyes shut or he has completely lost his mind judging by that statement. Seemingly they were booed off the park but he thinks the fans are happy with the way they are playing.
You can only begin to imagine the abuse Pedro would have taken if he had said similar. Up until now we have seen numerous tweets about Angeball, free flowing football and projects but surely the penny must be dropping with them now?
They try to kid on themselves and anyone else who cares to listen that they must have patience and give him time but I don’t believe that for a second especially after results like today’s.
There’s definitely a meltdown in the post.
I wonder if it’s a slight dig at the fans who have crowed about playing “the celtc way” etc. He’s saying he gave them what they pretended they wanted but they’re not happy. They’re still saying the board shafted him and never backed him after signing 11 players and spending £20m.
They’ll be chasing him round the car park behind sack the board banners soon enough.

Angeball…

They can see what he’s trying to do.

Trouble is, it’s not working. Whatever it is he’s trying to do, it doesn’t work.

BBQ Pedro is having a real tough time of it here, mainly because he’s probably been told that all he has to do is turn up, score a few goals and try and beat the Rangers, then the east end natives will lap it up and buy shirts etc.

Problem they have now is, they don’t want to buy shirts, or tickets, or anything else for that matter; they want results and quickly. Under this guy, a few fleetingly good results agains the backdrop or decent football (if his brand is what is classed as decent) isn’t going to be enough to stop the fences from being erected again sometime soon before Xmas.

The car park will be getting filled up very soon, and that manky mob better be ready for it, and so should we with popcorn at the ready, because it’s gonna be ugly.

Angeball doesn’t work here with all the pressure that’s on Rangers and Celtic. Might be ok for Oz or Japan, but not Glasgow.

Dundee United looked just as likely to score as they did in the second half from what I seen, not sure if it was the same as other games when from the threads on here about their games saying the run out of steam in second halves generally as they press high and eventually run out of gas.
I only seen them for the full game against us but apart from the Japanese guy and Jota today their team looks worse than last year, they are lucky to be only 6 points behind as we have not hit the ground running yet

Back