Angeball

Poostecoglou's 'win percentage' after first 16 games compared to Murty and Caixinha

gn20.png
emperor-clothes.png

”I can see what he’s trying to do”

I wonder if it’s a slight dig at the fans who have crowed about playing “the celtc way” etc. He’s saying he gave them what they pretended they wanted but they’re not happy. They’re still saying the board shafted him and never backed him after signing 11 players and spending £20m.
They’ll be chasing him round the car park behind sack the board banners soon enough.
Definitely not a dig at them mate, it was an impassioned speech. He sounded like he was on a Celtc podcast.

Prediction

ange will hang on till November and then when Clarke fails to get Scotland to the World Cup will replace ange

I like him. Would def go for a pint with him
I would defo go for a pint with him because he really doesnt seem too fussed about anything.

"One more Ange?", "Sure mate."

"Have we got time for another? Go on.", "Yea why not mate"

The more unfussed he seems about the mounting poor results/injuries the more fun this all is.

"Do you agree Ange?", "Yea sure mate"

I would defo go for a pint with him because he really doesnt seem too fussed about anything.

"One more Ange?", "Sure mate."

"Have we got time for another? Go on.", "Yea why not mate"

The more unfussed he seems about the mounting poor results/injuries the more fun this all is.

"Do you agree Ange?", "Yea sure mate"

50k a week to manage this shit show? No problem mate, struth!

Flange is lucky we dropped points to Utd and Motherwell or the scum would be shouting from the car park for Flange to be sacked

His one dimensional style is full of holes as his squad don’t have the ability or fitness to run about for 90 mins

When the mhedia turn on him the first question will be why they didn’t get a decent LB and their defending in general is shambolic

Yesterday they were lucky they didn’t concede again. The defence was all over the place

If Leverkusen win on Thursday Flange will be under huge pressure v Sheep. Let’s see how he handles it

We get our act together then the scum will 100% be rioting again.

I love being a right inner lady's front bottom about Ange to the Tramps I know,

"aye they should stick with Ange, give him a few windows, they look OK it will come good, that Kyogo is class eh, you all love him, wee Jota looks a player"

The look of hope on their tragic wee faces is so satisfying, all the while my inner dialogue is roaring "oh the Celtic are shite"

Last edited:
The good thing is, it's actually been quite a slow bleed (after Midtyland and Hearts I thought he'd struggle to see the OF game). That sounds counterintuitive, but him struggling little by little and hanging on to the job until the end of the season, as opposed to all out collapse and being replaced early by someone competent is probably more damaging to them in the long term.

If come May they're a distant 2nd, with a shite away record, and out of Europe before Xmas, they're in the exact same situation they were in this summer with an even less enticing job to offer someone new.

Flange is lucky we dropped points to Utd and Motherwell or the scum would be shouting from the car park for Flange to be sacked

His one dimensional style is full of holes as his squad don’t have the ability or fitness to run about for 90 mins

When the mhedia turn on him the first question will be why they didn’t get a decent LB and their defending in general is shambolic

Yesterday they were lucky they didn’t concede again. The defence was all over the place

If Leverkusen win on Thursday Flange will be under huge pressure v Sheep. Let’s see how he handles it

We get our act together then the scum will 100% be rioting again.

They currently have 4 left backs on their books!

Taylor, Bolingoli, Montgomery and Scales.

Also, Leverkusen are evens to win on Thursday night. Printing money surely?

Keep hearing this depth thing as the excuse !

they have about 30 players or more

Firmly believe he won’t be their manager come Halloween.

The writing is already on the wall as he had to get off to a good start and has failed.
Trips to Fir Park, Pittodrie and Easter Road coming up and at this point even 7 pts would be a surprise.

On the positive side, that’s a squad that SAF would struggle to get a 10 game winning run out of.

On the assumption Leverkusen put out a strong team it seems that way yeah, Celtic also got a few additional injury problems after yesterday.

On the assumption Leverkusen put out a strong team it seems that way yeah, Celtic also got a few additional injury problems after yesterday.
I did have a wry grin when the new right back who they had already determined was much better than Tav, went off injured in the first half

Thankfully they are blaming it on an "injury crisis". They've got 4 players out.
They had Kyogo and McGregor injured from the first team. Maybe Jullien? Taylor was dropped for their new RB as soon as he arrived. So I make it two starters and some squad players they had injured. Not quite "half their team" as Rob MacLean put it right at the start of his BBC commentary last night.

They had Kyogo and McGregor injured from the first team. Maybe Jullien? Taylor was dropped for their new RB as soon as he arrived. So I make it two starters and some squad players they had injured. Not quite "half their team" as Rob MacLean put it right at the start of his BBC commentary last night.
Forrest too.

We've had a much tougher time of it with injuries/covid this season. But barely a peep from us or the press.

Thankfully they are blaming it on an "injury crisis". They've got 4 players out.

Nah tbf they do have quite a few out...

Kyogo
Greek striker
McGregor
Taylor
Jullien
Forrest
Johnston

Not saying they'd all be first team picks but they'd all be squad players at least.

I love being a right inner lady's front bottom about Ange to the Tramps I know,

"aye they should stick with Ange, give him a few windows, they look OK it will come good, that Kyogo is class eh, you all love him, wee Jota looks a player"

The look of hope on their tragic wee faces is so satisfying, all the while my inner dialogue is roaring "oh the Celtic are shite"
I'm the same mate, the ones at work were all beaming after scoring three against a team from "one of the big 5 leagues in Europe", they seemed oblivious to the fact they got beat (by one of the worst Spanish sides I've seen), I just agreed with them lol. Couple of games later they want ange out and I'm now having to make the case for angeball to be kept...hahaahhaaaaa.

Nah tbf they do have quite a few out...

Kyogo
Greek striker
McGregor
Taylor
Jullien
Forrest
Johnston

Not saying they'd all be first team picks but they'd all be squad players at least.
I forgot about Taylor. The Greek striker has never played for them and Johnston is garbage. I'm happy for them to continue to keep living in denial and blaming it on injuries though!

Where did the term "Angeball" even come from?

Us, them or the media?

Them.

I think when they were blowing away Dundee and 10 men St Mirren.

I was at a house party the day before the first OF game and most of the guys there were tims. All of them thought they were going to give us a doing due to "Angeball".

Their dropping like flies. I can see them getting a tanking on thursday and i think they will drop points at pittodrie. We get our shit together and we’ll be out of sight by december.

I can kind of take losing to Dundee Utd away.

Dropping the Motherwell points piss me off. The second half performance was chronic.

Imagine we’d done our part here - Ange could be conceding the title tbh.

I think he’ll be here a while yet. Borders open back up in Oz around the turn of the year - if he’s miles off it, then he might call it a day.

They won’t sack him, not a chance.

I can kind of take losing to Dundee Utd away.

Dropping the Motherwell points piss me off. The second half performance was chronic.

Imagine we’d done our part here - Ange could be conceding the title tbh.

I think he’ll be here a while yet. Borders open back up in Oz around the turn of the year - if he’s miles off it, then he might call it a day.

They won’t sack him, not a chance.
If they lose or draw 2 of the next 4 he'll be out.

Whit's all this nonsense about him being a nice guy? Nice guys don't tell nonce's all will be forgiven when they starts banging the goals in, guys a wrong yin.

Back