Angelo Alessio - Kilmarnock manager confirmed

Kilmarnock appoint Angelo Alessio as the club's new manager. Kilmarnock have appointed Angelo Alessio, former assistant to Antonio Conte at Chelsea, Juventus and Italy, as the club's new manager. The 54-year-old former Juventus midfielder succeeds Steve Clarke after signing a three-year contract.

Interesting appointment

Scottish football club s always linked with your big name former player, bizarre managers. Matthaus, Prosinecki have came up before and I always thought they can't be any worse than every club hiring Jim Jefferies or Terry Butcher everytime there's a vacancy. Hopefully he's as batshit crazy as Pedro

In fairness to Killie it’s a bold, positive move, hopefully without Clarke they aren’t bitter, will never forget they were the only club not to vote against us, albeit they abstained

In fairness to Killie it’s a bold, positive move, hopefully without Clarke they aren’t bitter, will never forget they were the only club not to vote against us, albeit they abstained
but there timmy loving fans went crying to Celtic condemning there chairman from abstaining against there wishes barry richmond and someone called the killie hippo from there supporters trust i remember it well, crawling b*****ds

Positive appointment, which is good to see. Rather than picking one of the usual suspects.

Scottish media won't like a pesky foreigner with their modern ideas. Or was that just at Rangers?

Will we see yet another Scottish mheedja routine of xenophobia -- laughing at his imperfect English and deriding everything he does and says ?

I suspect we will by Christmas.

I like the fact it’s a fresh name appointed rather than the usual shite SPFL manager appointment. I still hope he fails miserably though.

Quite a good appointment for Killie. Could either go good or bad. I still don’t understand how they’ll play Italian football on that pitch.

I'm sure he'll get a luxurious flat in Onthank as part of his wage packet
Not everywhere in Kilmarnock is like that. A significant part of our support comes from Ayrshire specifically East Ayrshire. The Scheme is a total misrepresentation of some of the people who live here. Everywhere has its bad parts.

I take it Killie will be getting pelters just like Rangers did as per our Caixinha signing?

We deserved much of the criticism for hiring that imposter. The treatment he received was disgraceful though. The scum media in this country love a ‘funny foreigner’ don’t they?!

A guy with a good background in the game, i think its a good appointment and i hope he can convince them to get rid of the plastic although i very much doubt it.

He will be in for a culture shock in the Spl

Could be the man who actually puts his team out to attack and win games. Hope so.
The tactics under Clarke are what puts our game in the doldrums. God help the international side.

If he had anything about him he would tell them to upgrade their playing surface to grass.

If he convinces them to get rid of that pitch I will be a happy bear.

It’s good to see teams looking outside of the usual suspects for fresh faces to lead the team. It can only be good for the Scottish game, and that’s good for us.

It’s a punt, Italy to plastic pitches on a rainy Wednesday night. Trying to understand Kirk Broadfoot. Has Pedro written all over it.
Be interesting to see the media spotlight he gets compared to what Pedro got. Damn foreigners coming here taking away jobs for the boys.

Back