Anne Budge crumbles already

Rangerista

So all the bluster about Hearts taking the legal route was, well, just bluster?

The smoke filled room has obviously seen an offer they can't refuse being offered and accepted.

I hope we're made of sterner stuff.

Bluethruandthru

For the future of the game someone at our club needs to take a firm stand and be prepared to go all the way with this pig eyed fenian (unt.

We oppose the suggestion of awarding titles with everything we have or it's all over. No half hearted measures, no compromise, its null and void or we should just chuck the towel in right now.

Big X

Official Ticketer
So all the bluster about Hearts taking the legal route was, well, just bluster?

The smoke filled room has obviously seen an offer they can't refuse being offered and accepted.

I hope we're made of sterner stuff.
It looks like it was bluster or that her lawyers have advised a legal challenge would have no merit. She’ll be voting against the proposal, I would imagine, failure to do that is not in the best interest of her club.

gmbear

I don’t subscribe to this Love in with Hearts in the last couple of days..
If they are offered no relegation, but teams at the top win the title, they’ll bite their hands off.
I wouldn't call it a love in with Hearts, just people acknowledging that relegating a team who haven't been relegated is wrong. As is declaring a team champions when they haven't won the league.

I agree, though, right and wrong won't be a consideration for Hearts if they are offered no relegation, they'll accept whatever comes with that offer.

devilman

She hasn't done it off her own back that's for sure. The SFA/SPFL or Celtic have either handed over a brown envelope of sorts or threatened them.

1288Bear

It could be that she is one of the ones that Rangers refer to as having spoken to Rangers about coercion and bullying and that we have discussed our intentions with her and asked her to keep her powder dry at present.
Or she may have decided to sook on the fat Jap's boaby after all - I doubt it though.

Valley Bluenose

Posters are still misunderstanding this. What Budge has said is that if ultimately the clubs vote to send Hearts down then she will not go down the legal route to fight that. They will still vote against the SPFL proposal and for the Rangers proposal (if and when it gets presented). She's withdrawn the threat of legal action, nothing more, presumably on the basis that she's been told she doesn't have a strong case. I doubt very much Rangers will go down the legal route either, despite the demands on here. Not unless someone tells them they have a clear chance of winning - and I don't think that will happen. The SPFL Rules have enough ambiguity in them to let them fight it off.

juanger

Regardless if it is a difficult pill to swallow, and legal route will be financially unviable, at least be vocal and show some fight...something smells fishy and it's not Anne's growler

The Clunge Taster

Maybe she realises that an expensive legal fight will be futile?

Let’s face it, if it does go that way, there is ultimately fuckall that us or Hearts can do.
We take the governing body to court, all teams are removed from European competition, Fu©K us? We'll Fu©k them harder as their wage bill will cripple them.