Anne Budge crumbles already

How do you know?

If they didn't Budge would be all over it with legal action. She would not be gambling with reconstruction if she could blow it out the water altogether.
Your a lost cause.

There will be no league reconstruction for next season. Last I'll engage with your entrenched skewed views.

How do you know?

If they didn't Budge would be all over it with legal action. She would not be gambling with reconstruction if she could blow it out the water altogether.

I don’t think she IS gambling with reconstruction. Reconstruction isn’t happening. Certainly not this season. There is no consensus around any of the numerous plans and not enough time to do so - even if the will was there. There is only 1 opportunity for Hearts to stay up and that is the, unlikely in my opinion, playing of the final few matches.

I don’t think she IS gambling with reconstruction. Reconstruction isn’t happening. Certainly not this season. There is no consensus around any of the numerous plans and not enough time to do so - even if the will was there. There is only 1 opportunity for Hearts to stay up and that is the, unlikely in my opinion, playing of the final few matches.
I'm not saying it will happen either.

I'm saying if there was a legal route to block what the rats at the SPFL are trying to do she would be going down that road.

Do you agree with that?

As it says in the title.

Budge was just on Clyde. Stated she's still against it but if after more talks and every avenue is explored, Scottish football decides the only way they can deal with this situation is to finish the league and relegate Hearts she will accept it and won't fight the decision.

Sickening, predictable and so it begins.

If she ends up having to take them to court it's more favourable for her if the Judge sees she explored every avenue available to Hearts and the SPFL before taking legal action.

Calm down.

I'll get absolute pelters for this but the next line is part of our problem.

Maybe we should care, the fact that so many clubs actively hate us has given the scum carte blanche to do as they like, they're on the brink of being handed a title they haven't won. Absolutely criminal.

We need to regain power and influence and if it means that we have to change our attitude (or at least how we are perceived) then it's what we have to do, for the sake of Rangers and future generations of fans. I know I'll get pelters but adapt or die, a slow painful death.
I agree tbh, we should care.
We are not the famous of the 90’s when no one or nobody would be in our way.
I’m still old school but realise that boycotts (hate that word) and likewise is not going to make us friends.
Unfortunately we need “friends”

My own take is if such a rule existed they would have exercised it by now to give the poets what they want.

The fact they haven’t suggests to me they are having to find another way to skin a cat.
They have though.

They have forwarded it as a proposal. If it gets voted through it's happening.

Thankfully i don't think it'll pass the vote.

As it says in the title.

Budge was just on Clyde. Stated she's still against it but if after more talks and every avenue is explored, Scottish football decides the only way they can deal with this situation is to finish the league and relegate Hearts she will accept it and won't fight the decision.

Sickening, predictable and so it begins.
This is very surprising as she is normally a smart woman.
There must be something else cooking here.

Called Hearts out days ago

This was obvious

Help Hearts stay up and we will curl up and let the SPL keep them up. Gift mentally challengeds the title. Promote other non winners

Appease Scum FC all the time

They have though.

Although I think your thread title was misleading, I see where your coming from.

Every club must have had their lawyers involved. I'm no expert by any means, but I imagine that whatever gets voted through, it will be legal and binding.

The clubs maybe fighting to change the options, but the decision which is eventually made will be final.

I still think there's going to be an attempt to finish the leagues. Possibly in the month of june as a replacement for the euros with blanket tv coverage.

Surely there is safety for hearts if the season was n and v?

I prefer the term ‘incomplete’ to null and void. I honestly don’t see it happening though - UNLESS it’s what happens across Europe. If the decision is left in Scotland we know how it’s going.

And in response to @Now and forever question I do think if there was a legal way for Hearts to get the season ended with no relegation then they would pursue it - if the advice of their legal team was that they had a reasonable chance of success. I’m guessing the advice might be that there’s a legal route there but the chances of success are not great.

I prefer the term ‘incomplete’ to null and void. I honestly don’t see it happening though - UNLESS it’s what happens across Europe. If the decision is left in Scotland we know how it’s going.

And in response to @Now and forever question I do think if there was a legal way for Hearts to get the season ended with no relegation then they would pursue it - if the advice of their legal team was that they had a reasonable chance of success. I’m guessing the advice might be that there’s a legal route there but the chances of success are not great.
That has been my point mate.

That's the way I see it mate. I think rangers with the backing of other clubs have tried to change the direction, wether they can or not remains to be seen.

If anybody thinks they've not had high level discussions with their lawyers here, then that's being naive to say the least.

They have though.

I don’t agree it’s the same at all.

If a rule existed they wouldn’t need to put this to the vote of the clubs they could simply have had the SPFL board ratify their own rules and no one could argue.

With McLennan and co they have the numbers on the board without needing to go to the clubs.

That’s why I suspect they have never planned for such an eventuality, and to be fair I can see why they possibly haven’t thought such an event would ever occur.

I don’t agree it’s the same at all.

If a rule existed they wouldn’t need to put this to the vote of the clubs they could simply have had the SPFL board ratify their own rules and no one could argue.

With McLennan and co they have the numbers on the board without needing to go to the clubs.

That’s why I suspect they have never planned for such an eventuality, and to be fair I can see why they possibly haven’t thought such an event would ever occur.
Fair enough.

I strongly disagree with that though. If they didn't think they could do it they wouldn't be putting it forwsrd and Budge wouldn't be withdrawing the threat of legal action.

Fair enough.

I strongly disagree with that though. If they didn't think they could do it they wouldn't be putting it forwsrd and Budge wouldn't be withdrawing the threat of legal action.

Don’t misunderstand me I’m guessing as much as the next guy.

I just think if it were covered within the rules they would have done it by now, and wouldn’t need to rely on a vote.

Sadly on the vote itself I think they may get it passed.

I just think if it were covered within the rules they would have done it by now, and wouldn’t need to rely on a vote.

Ok mate . . . . Time wlll tell.

There would have been no rule for this, so it will probably need a vote to put the rule in place. If its passed whatever way, it will probably be binding wether we like it or not.

Certainly seems that null and void is off the table everywhere.

There’s no way hearts are voting for this . She was asked a question , what would we say if asked the same ? Basically they are saying “ what are you going to do about it ?”

Rangers need to get out of Scottish football . We came we saw we conquered , they tried to kill us , we’ve come back and realised we are too big for the backwater this place has become . Gerrard knows it , Ling knows it , and most of our support would relish another journey but this time down south where we will be treated as equals . We could be up at championship level in 4 years . Challenging for the EPL slots .
To be in the championship in 4 years we would have to go straight into the conference and that's not going to happen. Playing in England is fantasy stuff

Who can you sue if it goes to a vote?

Not the SFA any more. They will just point the finger to the clubs and take no responsibility. Not sure you can sue a club for voting yes or no either - at least without knowing their sole intention was to relegate hearts, but noones voting either way for that.

Btw we should be taking it as far as we can go and there might be other avenues we can go down but I don't think we can sue the SFA any more.
The spfl is one entity, why cant it can be sued? It’s the ruling body

I think we offered a her way out by offering to split the prize money. Budge should hold out and support our motion instead. The next logical step would be to declare no champions, no relegation, and this seasons European placings carry over.

I can’t believe how blatant this move to give the mentally challengeds the title is. We are right to separate the financial situation from league placings. There’s no need to decide both issues together. Let’s just hope enough teams don’t despise us enough to vote against the most sensible of the two motions

I heard Budge too, you’re being a bit unkind to her I think. She basically said if they vote to relegate hearts there’s not much she can do about it they’ll just have to accept the decision.

What else can they do?
Take them through the courts?

So all the bluster about Hearts taking the legal route was, well, just bluster?

The smoke filled room has obviously seen an offer they can't refuse being offered and accepted.

I hope we're made of sterner stuff.

For the future of the game someone at our club needs to take a firm stand and be prepared to go all the way with this pig eyed 19th Century Terrorist (unt.

We oppose the suggestion of awarding titles with everything we have or it's all over. No half hearted measures, no compromise, its null and void or we should just chuck the towel in right now.

So all the bluster about Hearts taking the legal route was, well, just bluster?

The smoke filled room has obviously seen an offer they can't refuse being offered and accepted.

I hope we're made of sterner stuff.
It looks like it was bluster or that her lawyers have advised a legal challenge would have no merit. She’ll be voting against the proposal, I would imagine, failure to do that is not in the best interest of her club.

I don’t subscribe to this Love in with Hearts in the last couple of days..
If they are offered no relegation, but teams at the top win the title, they’ll bite their hands off.

I wouldn't call it a love in with Hearts, just people acknowledging that relegating a team who haven't been relegated is wrong. As is declaring a team champions when they haven't won the league.

I agree, though, right and wrong won't be a consideration for Hearts if they are offered no relegation, they'll accept whatever comes with that offer.

She hasn't done it off her own back that's for sure. The SFA/SPFL or Celtic have either handed over a brown envelope of sorts or threatened them.

It could be that she is one of the ones that Rangers refer to as having spoken to Rangers about coercion and bullying and that we have discussed our intentions with her and asked her to keep her powder dry at present.
Or she may have decided to sook on the fat Japanese's boaby after all - I doubt it though.

Posters are still misunderstanding this. What Budge has said is that if ultimately the clubs vote to send Hearts down then she will not go down the legal route to fight that. They will still vote against the SPFL proposal and for the Rangers proposal (if and when it gets presented). She's withdrawn the threat of legal action, nothing more, presumably on the basis that she's been told she doesn't have a strong case. I doubt very much Rangers will go down the legal route either, despite the demands on here. Not unless someone tells them they have a clear chance of winning - and I don't think that will happen. The SPFL Rules have enough ambiguity in them to let them fight it off.

Regardless if it is a difficult pill to swallow, and legal route will be financially unviable, at least be vocal and show some fight...something smells fishy and it's not Anne's growler

Maybe she realises that an expensive legal fight will be futile?

Let’s face it, if it does go that way, there is ultimately fuckall that us or Hearts can do.
We take the governing body to court, all teams are removed from European competition, Fu©K us? We'll Fu©k them harder as their wage bill will cripple them.

Back