Annie Miller’s site in £3m development

Once a "colourful" establishment slap bang in the middle of the city centre with party tunes on a continuous loop. The building is very forlorn these days (photo in Glasgowlive must be about 10 years old) and all that remains is the small "Annie Miller's" canvas canopy above the door and a few pieces of red white and blue bunting. Would be very interested to see what the interior is like these days.

Step by step historic buildings are getting pulled down without the consent of the public and forcing out the ordinary citizens of Glasgow who can't afford to live there .The people make Glasgow is just a front to destroy Glasgow and make as much money as possible the SNP are charlatans and hate the history of Glasgow as soon as the population of Glasgow wake up to this the better. Serviced apartments for£1,600 a week they are trying this down in Ayrshire as well forcing the normal working class out of areas.

Great wee place. Sadly missed.

Had a few of the the Frankenthal Loyal guys over years ago and they loved it. Nearly missed the game we'd got that settled :))

Thankfully we did get to the game as we were 5-0 up against Inverness at HT.

Was my first ever Rangers pub when I went to my first game... By then I think it was already in pretty bad state and didn't have that many people in. Still sad to see a Rangers pub go.

It's sad to say but we don't really have any presence in the city centre for an out and out Rangers pub anymore. That lot have their shops at the end of Argyle St but I struggle to think of anything similar for ourselves.
Oswalds in Oswald street is fairly new but im lead to believe that it is a proper Gers pub. Considering the amount of republican slop houses in central Glasgow, there should be a larger Gers presence. Quite a few 'Gers friendly' pubs but no out and out Gers boozers.

I have enjoyed being in Annie Miller's countless times and not just on 'match days' , loved the place , always felt at home there. I was in Glasgow years ago on the 12th , a midweek day when I was off work (shifts) and dropped in for a pint , what a day that was , stayed for hours in like minded company and had an absolute ball !
It was bad enough when it closed , but this is really sad news.
I think when it closed there was an auction held for all the memorabilia the place had.
I wish I had the finances available to buy that superb painting of Coop that hung high on the wall facing you as you came in at the left side of the bar , I really hope it has gone to a good home.
Many happy memories indeed !

Had a few celebratory beers in Annie's in my time.

Also recall the OP, myself and a few other souls sitting round a table upstairs mulling the direction David Murray was taking the Club and discussing the Genesis of the RST.

The subsequent folding of events were no surprise to some of us but even we didn't imagine the scale of it all.

Slight irony that Rangers are back standing tall as Annie Millers comes down.

Oswalds is the only Rangers pub in the city centre now. Would be good to get a few more.
Stuck my head in it's sister bar in Uddingston, Lounge 72. Opens on Monday. (tried to wangle an invite). Stunning! Very classy decor. Not your 'typical football pub'. I mean that with respect. Best of British to them. Will be my establishment of choice.

The Glaswegian was a great place to go on matchdays back in the mid- to late-90s, when I lived in Glasgow. There was another Rangers pub round the corner called Huttons where I'd go to play pool at times.
Huttons, The Local , Clyde Inn & The Glassy, was a staunch wee area at one time .

My abiding memory of The Glassy was going in one Sunday afternoon after a game and Bobby Parks was on ....and he managed to mix the intro to Two Unlimiteds " No Limits " straight into A Father's Advice :D :D

Will always hold a special place in my heart as the place I watched Helicopter Sunday unfold. Will take that day to my grave.

Met a bear who became one of my best friends in there at an RST meet-up, which then turned into a FF meet-up where the first line of every conversation was “what’s your username then?”.

Put faces to a few well known posters that day, including The Gub - who was actually very humble!

Great wee pub

Some excellent afternoons in Annie’s.

Place was a bit of a dive but the company and some of the memorabilia was excellent.

Stuck my head in it's sister bar in Uddingston, Lounge 72. Opens on Monday. (tried to wangle an invite). Stunning! Very classy decor. Not your 'typical football pub'. I mean that with respect. Best of British to them. Will be my establishment of choice.
Were you there about an hour ago? I ran past and the old dishwashers were outside and someone was standing in the doorway admiring it. It looks class inside and again, will be my new local.

Where is there in the city centre now?

have a pint in the auctioneers sometimes and obviously oswalds is open now but anywhere else?

Was a great wee pub.

And that new house really looks shit on that pic.
It's so sad to see old classical buildings be demolished and modern soul-less shite built instead. Why don't they just renovate buildings instead?

Step by step historic buildings are getting pulled down without the consent of the public and forcing out the ordinary citizens of Glasgow who can't afford to live there .The people make Glasgow is just a front to destroy Glasgow and make as much money as possible the SNP are charlatans and hate the history of Glasgow as soon as the population of Glasgow wake up to this the better. Serviced apartments for£1,600 a week they are trying this down in Ayrshire as well forcing the normal working class out of areas.
Is that what's happening here or have you made that up? A long empty pub building is being turned into flats by the millionaire who owns the attached gay sauna. Not a major loss to society.

Spent many a random nights in there with some friends and it was always brilliant tunes and like minded people sad to see it go.

Back