Another 2 goals for David Turnbull today

Don’t see the mentally challengeds going to £2.5m for Turnbull if they wouldn’t for McGinn - who’s proven over a longer period of time.
They’ll want to make that up to the scum fans as they wer raging at not getting mcginn I think they would go all out if they had to ,even pay more.

We were interested & tried to pinch him, he rejected 5 Motherwell extensions before renewing

It was told that he sees his future down south

Definitely a talent, boy is sensational

Southampton and Cardiff interested apparently.

I’d love to see us sign the lad though.

His price is only going to go up. Get him in now while we can still afford him.
Read any offer would need to beat there record bid which was 1.75 million, north of 2 million is what they think he’s worth.

He won't sign for us. Hopefully doesn't sign for them.

Why would you say that? Or have I misunderstood you? Lad is a lifelong Motherwell fan who lives a quiet life and is very grounded and sensible. If we made an offer and he felt it right for his career he’d have no qualms about signing for us whatsoever.

They can outbid us.
They can pay higher wages.
They can offer the potential to play in champs league this year.
They can probably afford to sign him and loan him back to motherwell for 6-12mnths to further develop.

Grim reading but true.

They're not in the CL yet though, so cant offer anyone that at the moment...

I like him, long term replacement for someone like Arfield - Getting into the box and making things happen. Would be pricey and with nicking Hastie I can't see them being easy to deal with.

Not watched him play much but seems like the number 10 we are needing with the ability to get 15 goals for a poor Motherwell side.

Would be genuinely excited if we were after him. I’m 100% convinced he will play top 10 EPL at some point and in a years time will be in Scotland’s best player. Fantastic potential, be daft not to try get him

Derek Ferguson said on sportsound it'd take 3m to get him. That was straight after Dickie boy was spouting about his shock over Kent getting the award instead of Turnbull (again).

I know a player swap doesn’t tend to happen much these days but surely we could offer the likes of Wallace or Lafferty to sweeten any deal

His numbers certainly are impressive. Do we see him playing at the top end of the English Premiership like Andy Robertson has done?

I’d love to see us try and get him, but he will go South I think.

I know a player swap doesn’t tend to happen much these days but surely we could offer the likes of Wallace or Lafferty to sweeten any deal
Well Curtis Main is away at the end of the season so they may be looking for a striker so lafferty into the deal may be a shout

We should be doing everything in our power to get him.

If Allen wants to shop in the SPFL then get the biggest talent in it signed rather than mulling around average players.

There is no way the price for him is anything more than we spunked on Eros Grezda.

His stats are frightening for a CM.

The ship has probably sailed for us with this lad. He's done so well there will be interest from down south. It's a pity as i do rate him and we need more goals from midfield.

I'd offer £1.5m and loan him back to Motherwell for next season.

I think something along those lines could work.

They can outbid us.
They can pay higher wages.
They can offer the potential to play in champs league this year.
They can probably afford to sign him and loan him back to motherwell for 6-12mnths to further develop.

Grim reading but true.
They can also offer a sordid history of a paedo ring that operated for years within their club set up.

Should be purchased and loaned back for 2 seasons. Do damage against the other teams around us
He scored 10 of his 15 goals in the last 10 or 11 games of the season and im sureonly 1 was against a team in the top 6, v Hearts.

People were using stats like that as a reason to sell Josh Windass last season.

I’m told by a long-standing Motherwell-supporting mate - who occasionally gets inside info - that Lafferty and Robinson have already had a ‘discussion’ about a move to Motherwell. Doesn’t mean anything will happen, of course, and I doubt they’ll be able to afford his wages without selling Turnbull AND Lafferty getting some sort of payoff from Rangers.

The discussion was not around any deal involving Turnbull to Rangers, simply a Lafferty move to Motherwell.

There was posters on here last week claiming we could get him for £1m, absolutely not a chance.

Why would you say that? Or have I misunderstood you? Lad is a lifelong Motherwell fan who lives a quiet life and is very grounded and sensible. If we made an offer and he felt it right for his career he’d have no qualms about signing for us whatsoever.
The competition for him will be too strong and we will be outbid by other sides.

There was posters on here last week claiming we could get him for £1m, absolutely not a chance.

I was on here a month or so ago saying that. :confused: Since then he’s scored another glut of goals though, by all accounts from those at the games, he’s not actually playing as well as he was. I also thought that Motherwell would bite at 7 figures because they still owe Hutchison and Boyle substantial sums of money. In fact, those two take around 50% of any incoming transfer fees.

I’ve upped my estimate to £2m - and I don’t think we will be paying it. Off South, hopefully, if we don’t get him.

Last edited:
Robinson doesn't like loans

It would hardly be like a regular loan though, considering the player is already at Motherwell. It would simply be like an extension to his Motherwell career.

One way or another, Turnbull is definitely signing for a new club this summer.

Looks a good player in an average Motherwell side, along with Hastie. Would be decent if we could sign him, then loan him out down south, like what we did with Docherty

Back