Another 2 goals for David Turnbull today

Maybe we already know that big guns down South are going to bid more than we are willing to offer - why spend time and effort if you have no intention of being at the races.

I hadn't heard of or noticed him until Kent won POTY and his name came up.

Has he been injured every time we play them or something? I have never noticed this guy

If the guy has no affinity to us or them then maybe he has his heart set on a move down south.

Hes maybe looking to the success of the likes of Robertson and Fraser and to a lesser extent Mcginn.

Of course if it were any of us we would want to sign for Rangers but lets be honest the SPL is shite, if I had no affinity to us or them I would want to go south also

If the guy has no affinity to us or them then maybe he has his heart set on a move down south.

Hes maybe looking to the success of the likes of Robertson and Fraser and to a lesser extent Mcginn.

Of course if it were any of us we would want to sign for Rangers but lets be honest the SPL is shite, if I had no affinity to us or them I would want to go south also
Cant argue with a word of that mate ... and most probably the way the lad is thinking if we are honest

£3m on a 19 year old whos played 30 games for Motherwell would be a bargain? We paid that for Goldson who had played in the Championship and EPL.
Yes but Goldson was a bargain given that Brighton recognised his desire to play regular football and didn't want to stand in his way.
If there had been others interested the price could have been considerably higher if you look at some that we have been after these past few months and we have got nowhere, think Millwall etc !

I can't believe that we haven't looked at Turnbull so the only reason we haven't appeared to make a move is likely to be finance.

Things may be different if we sell Alfie for a substantial fee ( which I think may not happen ).

Last edited:
Yes but Goldson was a bargain given that Brighton recognised his desire to play regular football and didn't want to stand in his way.
If there had been others interested the price could have been considerably higher if you look at some that we have been after these past few months and we have got nowhere, think Millwall etc !
I know, i was using him to highlight thats what a bargain is. The same amount on a 19 year old with less than a season of first team football isnt a bargain. It might be a risk worth taking but it isnt a bargain.

I can't believe that we haven't looked at Turnbull so the only reason we haven't appeared to move is likely to be finance.

Things may be different if we sell Alfie for a substantial fee ( which I think may not happen ).

If Motherwell want £3 million plus and the lad wants to move to England then why pursue him ? We have probably scouted him I think.

Last edited:
His goal scoring record is incredible. I actually can’t recall his all round play. When was the last time a Rangers midfielder scored that amount of goals?

His goal scoring record is incredible. I actually can’t recall his all round play. When was the last time a Rangers midfielder scored that amount of goals?
Would probably be going back to Barry Ferguson in 02/03.

To be honest, he's running very hot in terms of his goals. He probably won't keep that up

He scores a goal every 2 games. Can't ask for more than that
It’s a lot different scoring for Motherwell than it is for rangers.
Sure I seen a stat saying most of his goals come against bottom 6.
Don’t think his a bad player just want that ‘creative player’ to be our marque signing

It’s a lot different scoring for Motherwell than it is for rangers.
Sure I seen a stat saying most of his goals come against bottom 6.
Don’t think his a bad player just want that ‘creative player’ to be our marque signing

We need goals from midfield, we severely lack it consistently. This is his first season and is 19 years old. That should not be underestimated. It’s an incredible return.

The fact he did it for Motherwell and played a huge part in turning them around isn’t a negative

He scores a goal every 2 games. Can't ask for more than that
Hes scored the vast majority against the bottom 6, i think its now 12 scored in the last 13 or 14 games and only one was against a team in the top 6 v Hearts. Im pretty sure theyve played every one of the top 6 in that time.

£1m upfront, with another couple of million locked behind appearance fees and a sell on clause and Motherwell would prob accept.

We need goals from midfield, we severely lack it consistently. This is his first season and is 19 years old. That should not be underestimated. It’s an incredible return.

The fact he did it for Motherwell and played a huge part in turning them around isn’t a negative
Its not necessarily to be dismissed. However it was the same criticism that was thrown at Windass last season. Banging them in against Hamilton and Ayr is fine but you need more to play for Rangers.

Stats are good but it doesnt tell you much about their overall game. I cant remember hearing Turnbulls name when they played us. Again, not a reason to dismiss him because i havent seen enough of him to say for definite either way. You need to go deeper than just the number of goals though.

Josh Windass last season.

Edit: Just noticed that's my 1690th post :cool:

Hes scored the vast majority against the bottom 6, i think its now 12 scored in the last 13 or 14 games and only one was against a team in the top 6 v Hearts. Im pretty sure theyve played every one of the top 6 in that time.
He's 19 playing for Motherwell. He's scored 15 goals from midfield, give the boy credit when it's due.

Gerrard has stabilized the ship, but for a few slip-ups in games that we really should have won we would have been within touching distance of the bheasts. Therefore, any new signing made from here on need to answer the question - 'do they genuinely improve the 1st team squad, and will their addition help bring us closer to something like parity (or better) with them'.

It seems to me that we have a lot of talented young players out on loan and in the youth/reserve teams that should be utilized, but our priority right now needs to be on signing players who represent a clear upgrade on what we have in the current starting XI.

Probably have to beat what they got for McFadden or Murphy? I'd say that would be around 1.5m-2m?

No chance they'll sell him for that money, they'll wait for the biggest offer, as there in no rush to get the boy off thw books.
Midfielders who can score goals, are hard to come by, no matter what level or team they play for.

No chance they'll sell him for that money, they'll wait for the biggest offer, as there in no rush to get the boy off thw books.
Midfielders who can score goals, are hard to come by, no matter what level or team they play for.

Oh they will ‘want’ to hold out for the highest bid. Of course they will. However, I don’t see an English club offering £3m for him right now. Next Summer they might, if he continues to develop. Given that Motherwell are still in debt to both Boyle and Hutchinson (they get close to half of any incoming transfer fee) I’d suggest any offer in excess of £1.5m will have them ‘thinking’.

Back