Another attack on the club/fans MOH in sectarian abuse scandal.

Unfortunately I've seen some of the abuse directed towards him on Twitter. I've no idea why people do it but Twitter can be a strange place at times.

I think it's far fetched to be honest.

Going by the ET: He is a Catholic who was invited to attend a Catholic church to do a talk, they were obviously pleased with it and (like everyone else) wanted to share on social media. That's it.....no convoluted and intricate plan by MOH or the church.

He likely did, but what's your point? Do you think he should actively hide his religious beliefs?

Btw, I'm not religious at all and it should be kept out of football, all the blessing and praying to Allah just seems odd to me, but some players feel it inspires them. What MOH done has nothing to do with football though.

I don’t think he should hide anything but as I said before know your audience.

He could always accept the offer but for reasons that may affect his job re the abuse he got could ask for it not to be made public.

He isn’t daft he knows fine well how things can be especially in the West of Scotland.

Many Rangers fans who go week in week out following the team have never heard this widespread abuse.

You on the other hand have witnessed it 3 times.

Seems very suspect Mr88.

Away you go.
Many have posted on here about it since he signed.
You obviously have some sort of problem with me or the fact I was born in 1988.

If you want to argue about it how about getting your facts right. Who said widespread abuse?
It’s been 3 occasions by 2 individuals.

If you don’t like what I post or want to believe that our fans are angels then there’s an ignore button, feel free to use it.

I unlike many don’t hide behind gimmicks or monickers online. I’ve clearly got my name, location & on the old forum even my year of birth. I’ve nothing to hide and nothing to gain from making up things.

The evening times reporting after his very public visit to a Catholic Church there were loads of sectarian abuse.

I really think this is now clear what’s going on but I did find it very strange that he was so willing to go very public in his visit.
Twitter highlights the dregs of society and gives them a voice they really don't deserve.

Filed under "so fck?"

Anyone who is offended or angered by a Person's place of worship then they really need to take a long look at their life.

It is 2018. Churches and religion should have no part to play in football.

We are un upstanding instititution. Be you Protestant, Catholic, Baptist, Jew, Muslim, Buddah. You are welcome at this club either as a supporter or an employee if you have a skill set that has something to offer be it playing or non playing staff.

Away you go.
Many have posted on here about it since he signed.
You obviously have some sort of problem with me or the fact I was born in 1988.

If you want to argue about it how about getting your facts right. Who said widespread abuse?
It’s been 3 occasions by 2 individuals.

If you don’t like what I post or want to believe that our fans are angels then there’s an ignore button, feel free to use it.

I unlike many don’t hide behind gimmicks or monickers online. I’ve clearly got my name, location & on the old forum even my year of birth. I’ve nothing to hide and nothing to gain from making up things.

So it’s 3 occasions it’s happened by 2 individuals, how did that work out 3 into 2 don’t go.

I don’t think he should hide anything but as I said before know your audience.

He could always accept the offer but for reasons that may affect his job re the abuse he got could ask for it not to be made public.

He isn’t daft he knows fine well how things can be especially in the West of Scotland.

He's in the public eye, he can't control his audience and who can see what. It won't affect his job, if it does, that would be tragic. He isn't daft, but maybe he's just not interested in cyber opinions on his religion?

Also, the thread title. There's no attack on the club, only the utter clowns who tweeted/posted about it abusing him.

So it’s 3 occasions it’s happened by 2 individuals, how did that work out 3 into 2 don’t go.

Well if you’d bothered reading my post you’d have seen it was twice at Ibrox by the same person
Once at Hampden by someone else

I’ll do the math for you since you’re obviously not capable

Twice at Ibrox + once at Hampden = 3 occasions

Same person at Ibrox twice + one person at Hampden = 2 different individuals

Do you want a calculator?

Social media is full of absolute losers and headcases.
I actually couldnt care less about some one going to his or hers place of worship.
What I detest is the bastardisation of religion by the mhob in the east end,who see it as a weapon rather than a 'personal choice'.
I see the catholic church as an evil institution,but if people choose this faith,thats their choice.

Well if you’d bothered reading my post you’d have seen it was twice at Ibrox by the same person
Once at Hampden by someone else

I’ll do the math for you since you’re obviously not capable

Twice at Ibrox + once at Hampden = 3 occasions

Same person at Ibrox twice + one person at Hampden = 2 different individuals

Do you want a calculator?

Oh got you now so it’s one guy not a large element of the support, you just happen to sit next to him.:rolleyes:

The boy smiffy who called him a ######## bas is a attention seeking fud he thinks coz hees got 6k folllowers hees untouchable... well i think hees in for a shock..twitter is the worse soial media platform out.. your basically doing the press job for them if you name call players... I stay well clear
I don't do social media at all .

Had a facebook account many years ago, long since deleted .

Jeremy Kyle on steroids.

Was in the Evening Times- he did a talk for youngsters in a church.
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/...ael_O___Halloran_after_Catholic_church_visit/

7793920.jpg

Ah, that is slightly different from what I had expected. From what I had seen mentioned, I thought he had just posted a selfie of him on his way to chapel. :D

What can I say?
I attend games, notice when people do these things & I don’t lie about the fact it happened.
Many seem to want to paint our fans as saints. There’s many who are, however like any club there’s a moronic element of our support.

I have seen MOH play about seven times and not once have I heard abuse aimed towards him regarding his faith.
Our fans ain’t saints and I don’t think we’d ever like to be painted as saints ( hmmm) Sadly, we let ourselves down with our songbook as it’s used as a stick to beat us. But I’ve never witnessed a Rangers player being abused due to his faith:It just doesn’t happen.

Religion is meant to a private personal matter, this was a very public show designed to get people making comments. It worked well for them.

Of course it is. Under the guise of some sort of ecumenical intention it was designed to make them look good and flush out the idiots, and placate those of their own who consider him a "Judas". The whole point seemed to be a promotion of sectarian schooling as inclusive. Football clubs have rivals, any denomination or religion does by its very nature create rivals. I don't believe the vast majority think there is anything to see or learn here.

Oh got you now so it’s one guy not a large element of the support, you just happen to sit next to him.:rolleyes:

You’ve got nothing
I posted it was one person not Juan Guy at Ibrox and 1 away
You’re on the piss take.
Again you’re the one coming up with the large element no one on here has mentioned that bar you.

I have seen MOH play about seven times and not once have I heard abuse aimed towards him regarding his faith.
Our fans ain’t saints and I don’t think we’d ever like to be painted as saints ( hmmm) Sadly, we let ourselves down with our songbook as it’s used as a stick to beat us. But I’ve never witnessed a Rangers player being abused due to his faith:It just doesn’t happen.

It has
So obviously does

You’ve got nothing
I posted it was one person not Juan Guy at Ibrox and 1 away
You’re on the piss take.
Again you’re the one coming up with the large element no one on here has mentioned that bar you.

One person/One guy what’s the difference.

You seem to attract them that’s what I’m saying home and away.

I have never heard it and I never miss a game at Ibrox.

I really wish the element in our support would keep religion out of football, it seems to be worse than ever, especially away matches.

The ‘attacks’ will keep on coming thick and fast until the fucking brain dead bigoted morons learn to shut the %^*& upset and evolve into human beings.

I hope the club identify the fuckwits and ban them for life. They won’t be missed if they even go to start with

One person/One guy what’s the difference.

You seem to attract them that’s what I’m saying home and away.

I have never heard it and I never miss a game at Ibrox.

Lucky you then. I have, I’ve also challenged it with the guy at Ibrox
The largest element of our support are decent upstanding human beings, there’s a very small minority that seem unwilling or unable to move on from the dark ages

The ‘attacks’ will keep on coming thick and fast until the fucking brain dead bigoted morons learn to shut the %^*& upset and evolve into human beings.

I hope the club identify the fuckwits and ban them for life. They won’t be missed if they even go to start with

Most likely these fans don’t attend games and as it didn’t happen at the game I don’t get how Rangers can do anything really.

This got the response it was looking for and as some have rightly said these people will always do this stuff and hold us back in certain ways.

My problem is it’s never any other clubs just us this stuff gets the time of day about.

Oh and imager is wrong here with his very modern, but ill judged, summation that this 'doesn't matter'.

It probably won't in 15-20 years when my generation die off but he can then enjoy a team in blue playing to 20,000 at best in a non existent atmosphere.

Most likely these fans don’t attend games and as it didn’t happen at the game I don’t get how Rangers can do anything really.

This got the response it was looking for and as some have rightly said these people will always do this stuff and hold us back in certain ways.

My problem is it’s never any other clubs just us this stuff gets the time of day about.

Tbf the Nitton abuse was in the papers as well. Even if you are a knuckle dragging mouth breathing bigot (not you mate!) then if you love the club just keep it shut. You want to be a bigot and like the imaginary sectarian lifestyle fine. Go and sit in your wee flat or your shit local and FTP to the cows come home. Just don’t bring it to our club. I would love the club to get really proactive. Sing FTP etc at an away game and it’s live on TV? Fine all SC that got tickets for that game get an indefinite suspension. Until we are discussing it on the buses etc it won’t stop.

Wow, talk about a coordinated assault. What’s that, three negative stories and counting since the SG announcement? I think they know a light is about to be shone on TGFITW and the tinpot administrators of our game. Solution - throw as much shite as possible at Rangers to try and set the agenda - us bad, Timmy good. We need an aggressive, experienced, respected PR guy as much as we need a centre half right now.

The leaders of our club have been utterly clueless and toothless in identifying and dealing with the attacks on the club for as long as I can remember.

As a teenager I could see it for what was - I am utterly amazed that a succession of business professionals have taken a See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil approach to the treatment of their club/employer.

For all the “good Rangers men” accolades for this Board, they also have their head stuck firmly in the sand on this.

Oh and imager is wrong here with his very modern, but ill judged, summation that this 'doesn't matter'.

It probably won't in 15-20 years when my generation die off but he can then enjoy a team in blue playing to 20,000 at best in a non existent atmosphere.

Absolute horse shit. They will be replaced by folk who just love the club. Plus it’s the younger ones that are the worst. I think it will always be there just don’t bring it to the games

Perhaps he went to do a talk & explain to the kids why separate schooling is a bad idea & causes divisions in our society, then again maybe not

Absolute horse shit. They will be replaced by folk who just love the club. Plus it’s the younger ones that are the worst. I think it will always be there just don’t bring it to the games
There is a them and us element in the West of Scotland that won't be going anywhere anytime soon .

Dress it up how you will .

We - like a handful of clubs, tiny amount - have a genuine USP. I have no idea why so many wish we didn't.

If you are meaning Protestant traditions that’s fine that won’t die or it might as most folk don’t give a %^*& about religion now so yes could filter away. Think our identity will become more about the union. However the baggage that comes with the Protestant identity is a nightmare. FTP is not and never has been nothing more than a bigoted chant.

Lucky you then. I have, I’ve also challenged it with the guy at Ibrox
The largest element of our support are decent upstanding human beings, there’s a very small minority that seem unwilling or unable to move on from the dark ages
Just like every other support in Scotland then, we all have our feckwitts.

You can go on any Rangers thread on any football forum in Scotland and you’ll find bigoted Celtic trolls spouting their bile. The issue here is why the press choose not to highlight any of this mob. I remember the abuse Neil McCann took for being a catholic playing for Rangers, but it was never turned into an issue by our media.
Bottom line - there are idiots on both sides of the OF divide, but only one set are deemed worthy of reporting by Lawwell’s press core.

If you are meaning Protestant traditions that’s fine that won’t die or it might as most folk don’t give a %^*& about religion now so yes could filter away. Think our identity will become more about the union. However the baggage that comes with the Protestant identity is a nightmare. FTP is not and never has been nothing more than a bigoted chant.

Depends...we've never welcomed Romanist influences (rightly) and as attitudes softened things got worse for us as a society and a country.

As for MOH... a nice footballer when in the right environment, Ibrox is not the right environment for him.
Incredible naivety to do a PR shot at a chapel though... and here’s why:

I have no problem with his religion, my kids are ultimately Catholic is anyone is counting and go to a Catholic school... and my son is as big Rangers fan as any 7yr old.

Here’s the thing with it - most folk in our Supporters Club know about the school my kids go to... nobody has ever said anything derogatory about it. To sweep across it, we have a mix of handwringers through to Orangemen in our club and we all get on well in backing Rangers.

Outside of that, a Nationalist Catholic from Belfast has his kids at the school and has completely changed his manner towards me since the day he discovered I support Rangers. His son has known my daughter since nursery and turned round to her a year ago and told her that, “Rangers fans don’t believe in God”
The parent acted all shocked and obviously had no idea where his son had heard this from when I pulled him on it.
It was like dealing with the Shinner’s handbook of excuses and deflection.

Catholic Celtic supporters are the group with the biggest problem with Catholic Rangers players or supporters. It dilutes their agenda and the narrative that they have built up over decades.
The abuse of O’Halloran is as likely to have come from Celtic fans on Twitter as anyone else, maybe more likely in my experience.

You can go on any Rangers thread on any football forum in Scotland and you’ll find bigoted Celtic trolls spouting their bile. The issue here is why the press choose not to highlight any of this mob. I remember the abuse Neil McCann took for being a catholic playing for Rangers, but it was never turned into an issue by our media.
Bottom line - there are idiots on both sides of the OF divide, but only one set are deemed worthy of reporting by Lawwell’s press core.
There in lies the rub , one element is singled out time and again .

They may well be morons but great pleasure seems to be taken at these opportunities to kick one club.

scum fans have been abusing Nir Bitton since he signed for them all because he is from Isreal but there is never the same amount of fuss made. Ask yourself why this is..

Cos he's Jewish and mohs a pape.

That's why.

It'd be the other way round if moh was a Jew.

Depends...we've never welcomed Romanist influences (rightly) and as attitudes softened things got worse for us as a society and a country.

Whit? What ‘Romanist’ influences you talking about ? Scotland is a modern thriving country. Outwith the SNP who I hate but we are lucky to live where we do.

Back