Another attack on the club/fans MOH in sectarian abuse scandal.

Gerrard isn't Roman Catholic, mate, though he attended a Catholic school. Not that it should matter. A person's religious beliefs are their private business. I don't care if he's at Mass every day, provided he does a good job.
I'm the same but the original comment about priests and nuns being kept away from children was very wrong and that their brains must be scrambled.

Edit Gerrard is a Catholic going by wiki

I'm the same but the original comment about priests and nuns being kept away from children was very wrong and that their brains must be scrambled.

It very clearly says he's not catholic so I'm not sure what your agenda is here.

I just see this as another attack on our club, and the fact that so called fans of the club attack a player of the club good bad or indifferent, they are the ones with a problem.

Why would he have to hide it?, he’s not the one with the problem here, I’m not religious, in fact I think all religions are cults for the feeble minded, but that’s my opinion, If someone else wants to be a Proddy, an RC, a Muslim, a Jew, a seikh or a muppet, it’s their business, the half heads who throw abuse at someone because of which particular Church they choose to visit are the ones with the problem.

Why would he have to hide it?, he’s not the one with the problem here, I’m not religious, in fact I think all religions are cults for the feeble minded, but that’s my opinion, If someone else wants to be a Proddy, an RC, a Muslim, a Jew, a seikh or a muppet, it’s their business, the half heads who throw abuse at someone because of which particular Church they choose to visit are the ones with the problem.
Well said, sir; as you state, he’s not the one with the problem and the roasters who abused him can hardly cry foul if they get called out for their behaviour. It’s inevitable that the media would highlight this issue and quite right too - there would be no story if the roasters didn’t provide one!!

In this day and age, when the vast majority are agnostic or atheist, I couldn't care less if he goes to Chapel, or Synagogue, or a Buddhist temple. However, he must be aware that there are sections within our support that subscribe to our Protestant traditions. Why would you deliberately allow yourself to be used as propaganda (see Ozil and Gundagon with the Turkish president) knowing that it will antagonise sections of the support base? He knows fine well what he is doing and that is trying to get a pay off from the club, as no-one in Scotland will meet his astronomical wage demands, for the level of quality that he provides.
That just shows the kind of people we have amongst us in Glasgow, sadly. Nobody would give it a second thought in any other British city, and nobody would feel 'antagonised'. The guy shouldn't have to put up with that under any circumstances.

MOH doesn't get a game for us, hung out to dry and now of all times he's all over SM in a chapel, aye no bother.

It seems like a deliberate set up in the HOPE that it will attract the dregs of our support to be stupid enough to react to it.

He’s really not that smart!

Whit? What ‘Romanist’ influences you talking about ? Scotland is a modern thriving country. Outwith the SNP who I hate but we are lucky to live where we do.

Historically Scotland was a good place I disagree now mate. RC control of the media politics the judiciary and sport. We pay more tax for nothing and minimum pricing is a joke. Personally if circumstances allowed I’d live over the border north of Carlisle so I could travel to Ibrox and live in a much better place. The secessionists have destroyed my country now and forever.

Historically Scotland was a good place I disagree now mate. RC control of the media politics the judiciary and sport. We pay more tax for nothing and minimum pricing is a joke. Personally if circumstances allowed I’d live over the border north of Carlisle so I could travel to Ibrox and live in a much better place. The secessionists have destroyed my country now and forever.
why do the RC church if it controls the media etc drive the narrative of the poor refugee Muslims coming in? Surely they wouldn't want to dilute their stranglehold?

why do the RC church if it controls the media etc drive the narrative of the poor refugee Muslims coming in? Surely they wouldn't want to dilute their stranglehold?

I guess it’s the mental PC stuff mate, I’d send all these boat people back as the Aussies do. But that’s my view deport them and keep them out they aren’t our problem people want to contribute to charities to help them fine but they shouldn’t be allowed here.

I guess it’s the mental PC stuff mate, I’d send all these boat people back as the Aussies do. But that’s my view deport them and keep them out they aren’t our problem people want to contribute to charities to help them fine but they shouldn’t be allowed here.
Charities are a scam m8

The only thing I find a bit strange is the fact he was talking to catholic kids about going to a catholic school, surely they already go to one?

As an aside, Looking well in the photo MOH, absolutely I prefer men ;)

Anyone who can't see the benefit to Rangers of this is a dunce.

Shoots down the accusation that we're only for one section of the community, shows Rc kids that the lies about sectarianism are just that, and annoys TGITW knuckle-draggers.

Fair point Bearwood, but the dunces will remain a continuing source of ammunition for our detractors as we have already witnessed. The day Steven Gerrard was unveiled at Ibrox we were all on a high and enjoying the refreshingly positive publicity from both the UK and foreign media. The circumstances of Gerrard's schooling and marriage is well documented now. Yet when he was walking past the enclosure with the assembled press gang behind him we still managed to shoot ourselves in the foot by belting out references about the Roman pontiff and 19th Century Terrorists blood. There were no taunting opposition fans present or a hate filled opposing manager trying to wind us up. Yet we hadn't the self - discipline on such a great day for our old club to refrain from playing into the hands of our enemies. Dave King was there amidst it all with Traynor hovering in the background observing the reaction to what was a great coup for the club. Yet we will have people demanding that they defend the fans and protect our brand while ignoring the damage that the dunces continue to do to our image. I've no doubt this will be brought to the attention of the wider British media by our enemies on a weekly basis during the Gerrard regime at Ibrox .

I have no issue with MOH attending his place of worship or being an RC.
However, I completely disagree with his church theologically and morally and will always make a stand against its teachings.
Regards the photo .I would like to think that the photo was harmless . Sadly, I think he may have been manipulated for others benefits.

The people that are complaining about this are the usual with far too much to say, saying it too loudly & less brain cells than a sea urchin.

A players religion or even the club he supports has no bearing and should have no bearing on if he signs and plays well for us.
We’ve had many catholic players who done fantastically well & we have had players like McCann do some fantastic things with us.

People who want to continue this debate are consigned to the dark ages and can’t be argued or reasoned with.
Guy goes to church to talk to kids.

Some morons abuse him on twitter

Somehow it's his fault

Retard behaves like a retard.
Somehow it's my fault, your fault and Rangers fault.

You do know Wikipedia can be edited, I could edit it to say he's part of scientology.

Wikipedia is more unreliable than Keith Jackson.

Guy goes to church to talk to kids.

Some morons abuse him on twitter

Somehow it's his fault
Couldn't care less about anyone's religious beliefs but if he turned up with Rangers gifts for the children he was speaking to or spoke about how much of an honour it was to reach the pinnacle of his career by signing for the most successful team in the world in Rangers. Do you think he'd ever be invited back?

However, I completely disagree with his church theologically and morally and will always make a stand against its teachings.
Regards the photo .I would like to think that the photo was harmless . Sadly, I think he may have been manipulated for others benefits.

This is absolute nonsense. He's a grown man having his photo taken, as a celebrity visitor, inside a place of worship which he freely entered. Who the hell is manipulating him? Would you say he was being manipulated if he was a practising Protestant, pictured inside a Church of Scotland kirk?

I just can't believe the mindset of some of our supporters.

Last edited:
Anyone who tells me they believe in an invisible man in the sky has already proved their stupidity, or at best naivety. And the credulous are split into the three main monotheisms: Christianity, Islam and Judaism, whose adherents have precipitated some of the most brutal, bloodthirsty wars in history. Now people hate each other based on what kind of Christian they are. When is this shite gonna end....

This is absolute nonsense. He's a grown man having his photo taken, as a celebrity visitor, inside a place of worship which he freely entered. Who the hell is manipulating him? Would you say he was being manipulated if he was a practising Protestant, pictured inside a Church of Scotland kirk?

I just can't believe the mindset of some of our supporters.

People are entitled to their opinions same as you I believe he knew what reaction it would get and was trying to cause a bigger storm to get a pay off.

Gladly not a lot took the bait but still enough to reach the papers who tbh were sitting waiting and looking.

Why do you think it's irrelevant?
As far as I'm aware he was invited to talk to the children. So if he spoke of his honour of being signed by Rangers or had given the children Rangers gifts you think he'd be invited back. Most people that scream bigot will generally be bigots themselves.
He goes to church to talk to kids about whatever

He gets abuse online

What gifts/what he spoke about are irrelevant. Whether the kids like/dislike Rangers is irrelevant.

What do you think would happen. He stands up in chapel and says "I play for Rangers" and suddenly a group of burly altar boys would shepherd him out the door?

Stop trying to defend the indefensible.

People are entitled to their opinions same as you I believe he knew what reaction it would get and was trying to cause a bigger storm to get a pay off.

Gladly not a lot took the bait but still enough to reach the papers who tbh were sitting waiting and looking.
Of course everyone is entitled their views; I wouldn't want it any other way. But I think your conspiracy theory is crazy. The guy is religious and regularly attends; the priest wanted a celebrity photo. That's all I see. 'The reaction' is entirely the fault of the idiots who react, not MOH.

Wiki you say? Aye, right. You need to have a read of Gerrard's autobiography mate and hear it straight from the horses mouth, so to speak. He makes it very clear that, whilst he was not RC, he chose to go to a local RC school because it offered the better footballing opportunities.

Not that it really has any relevance to this debate.

He goes to church to talk to kids about whatever

He gets abuse online

What gifts/what he spoke about are irrelevant. Whether the kids like/dislike Rangers is irrelevant.

What do you think would happen. He stands up in chapel and says "I play for Rangers" and suddenly a group of burly altar boys would shepherd him out the door?

Stop trying to defend the indefensible.
I'm not trying to defend the indefensible you're totally avoiding the question because it doesn't suit you. He'll probably have been invited to speak how his religious beliefs have helped him through life. Therefore if he stated that his greatest achievement was working hard and getting a dream move to the most successful team in the world in Rangers I doubt very much he'd be invited back. I certainly don't think anyone would put him out the door.

Anyone who tells me they believe in an invisible man in the sky has already proved their stupidity, or at best naivety. And the credulous are split into the three main monotheisms: Christianity, Islam and Judaism, whose adherents have precipitated some of the most brutal, bloodthirsty wars in history. Now people hate each other based on what kind of Christian they are. When is this shite gonna end....
Magnificent post, mate. I don't have a problem with anyone believing in whatever God they wish. I'm not a believer; I think it's all nonsense, but I respect the right of others to have their beliefs. I only have a problem when people use religion as a tool to hate others who don't think the same way as them. When push comes to shove, all the Christian denominations have far in common than that which divides them. It was Elizabeth I, when appealing to an end to sectarian pogroms in England, said 'there is only Jesus Christ; the rest is trivia'. Four hundred years on but still no solution.

By the way, baws tae Geelong; get up Sainters.:D

You know, whether we agree or not, as soon as we see an action like this.
A reaction like he got.
We should be onto twitter 100 strong to say well done MO'H.
Great to see a player interact with local kids.
And really take control of it all.

Yeah as an atheist I couldn't give a F UCK about any religion..I always say if you have a problem about any religion you have the problem

Wow, talk about a coordinated assault. What’s that, three negative stories and counting since the SG announcement? I think they know a light is about to be shone on TGFITW and the tinpot administrators of our game. Solution - throw as much shite as possible at Rangers to try and set the agenda - us bad, Timmy good. We need an aggressive, experienced, respected PR guy as much as we need a centre half right now.
Yup. It is as blatant as it is predictable.

Magnificent post, mate. I don't have a problem with anyone believing in whatever God they wish. I'm not a believer; I think it's all nonsense, but I respect the right of others to have their beliefs. I only have a problem when people use religion as a tool to hate others who don't think the same way as them. When push comes to shove, all the Christian denominations have far in common than that which divides them. It was Elizabeth I, when appealing to an end to sectarian pogroms in England, said 'there is only Jesus Christ; the rest is trivia'. Four hundred years on but still no solution.

By the way, baws tae Geelong; get up Sainters.:D
HA...Cheers mate I'll be right behind the Saints when they take on Collingwood (the celtic of the AFL) on Saturday night...:cool:

The media in Scotland are an utter embarrassment, thank god I left years ago. Scotland is a great country, but the SNP and their cohorts in the sporting press are making the country a laughing stock. Scotland now seems to be a country to be pitied and patronised as a result.

HA...Cheers mate I'll be right behind the Saints when they take on Collingwood (the celtic of the AFL) on Saturday night...:cool:
Are you in Australia? I'll be watching the game tomorrow morning over here. Usual season for St Kilda, just the one win and one draw from the first eight games. I chose to follow them because they are worst team in the league historically. That second flag looks a long, long way off :D

Are you in Australia? I'll be watching the game tomorrow morning over here. Usual season for St Kilda, just the one win and one draw from the first eight games. I chose to follow them because they are worst team in the league historically. That second flag looks a long, long way off :D
I've been 50 years in Australia next month...Good to know you get some coverage of AFL over there. We get nothing in the press about Rangers here and only the odd game on pay TV......Thank Zeus for the internet...:)

Back