Another awful refereeing decision tonight that is being overlooked

Bearsden Bear

Everyone is talking about the rejected penalty claims, and understandably so.

But Cheatin' Beaton seriously upset me just at the end of the first half, when (I think?) Aribo was horribly fouled just outside their penalty area. The correct decision should have been a direct free kick, and a yellow card for the Livingston offender.

Instead, he blows for half-time. We should have at least been awarded the (genuine) goal scoring opportunity from that free-kick.

Am I missing something here?

But Cheatin' Beaton seriously upset me just at the end of the first half, when (I think?) Aribo was horribly fouled just outside their penalty area. The correct decision should have been a direct free kick, and a yellow card for the Livingston offender.

Instead, he blows for half-time. We should have at least been awarded the (genuine) goal scoring opportunity from that free-kick.

only penalty can have time extended

If the time is up, which it was, the time is up. Unless a penalty is awarded.

The terrible referee decision that got over looked was that both sides would have felt better if there was no referee .. bad days when no officiating of a game is easily better than some dick in black black deciding that if a have the whistle a must be amazing at refereeing..

No you are not. It was almost as bad as not blowing for the 2 penalties. His performance tonight should be the end of his career

Think that’s what sent Gerrard into a rage , then that prick trying to blank him...

beatons not a cheat , he’s a fùcking coward plain and simple ... referee the game to the rules, that’s all we need...

Look at Europe games, night and day

Think that’s what sent Gerrard into a rage , then that prick trying to blank him...

beatons not a cheat , he’s a fùcking coward plain and simple ... referee the game to the rules, that’s all we need...

Look at Europe games, night and day
We’ve had some absolutely stinking European refs and officials as well. 2 of them have resulted in game changing decisions that resulted in 2 of our 3 Europa group defeats in 3 years.

From the man who gave us this clear yellow card for Morelos I expect nothing:

JS127753370.jpg

Thought that as well. He took the easy option and blew for half time.

He's an absolute shitebag of a referee. He has been since the Ryan Jack 1-0 game where if there is any contentious decision, he'll give it against us. Last season was the exact same where he never gave us the penalty up at Pittodrie and then apologised after the game. Him and Clancy referee Morelos to a different standard than any other player. I would even say if that's Arfield that goes down then he gives the penalty but because its Morelos he thinks about then puts it down as a dive.

No you are not. It was almost as bad as not blowing for the 2 penalties. His performance tonight should be the end of his career
I think this decision coupled with the penalty is actually what provoked SG onto the park. Coming so quickly after each other. I thought he'd blown for the free kick then just laughed as he pointed to the stand.

We get at least two games a season from Beaton that leave you wondering if you’d just witnessed a bigger performance of blatant cheating than the infamous one we saw against Hibs at Ibrox.

The lunge on Arfield in the box as he was shooting was terrible. Took him out - nowhere near the ball. Anywhere else on the pitch and it's a foul.

He's an absolute shitebag of a referee. He has been since the Ryan Jack 1-0 game where if there is any contentious decision, he'll give it against us. Last season was the exact same where he never gave us the penalty up at Pittodrie and then apologised after the game. Him and Clancy referee Morelos to a different standard than any other player. I would even say if that's Arfield that goes down then he gives the penalty but because its Morelos he thinks about then puts it down as a dive.
Clancy in the cup game against Aberdeen at Ibrox takes some beating. At 1-0 Morelos turns the defender and is almost bear hugged to the ground a few yards out. Instead of a penalty and red card, Morelos is booked for diving. The defender was practically still hanging off him.

I think this decision coupled with the penalty is actually what provoked SG onto the park. Coming so quickly after each other. I thought he'd blown for the free kick then just laughed as he pointed to the stand.
It was schoolboy refereeing. Got a massive decision wrong and then doubled down on it by handing out a yellow card for diving, which he could never have seen?. Tripled down on it for sending off the manager for questioning him about it.

How big of an ego does this guy want to have?

Morelos and Itten denied stone wall penalties.

%^*& knows where he got 4 minutes stoppage time from either.

only penalty can have time extended
The advice given to referees is that half-time and full-time should not be called when the ball is in a position on the pitch where the team in possession can threaten the opposition goal. This directive arose following a decision by Clive Thomas, a Welsh referee at the 1978 World Cup Finals to whistle for full-time in a Brazil v Sweden game when a corner-kick had been taken and the ball was headed directly into the net from the kick but Thomas disallowed the goal.

Just listened to andy halliday say on clyde that beaton got his decision right lol. Gerrard went tonto because it was stonewall. Ridiculous decision.

We’ve had some absolutely stinking European refs and officials as well. 2 of them have resulted in game changing decisions that resulted in 2 of our 3 Europa group defeats in 3 years.
Yeah you’re right, of course refs will make mistakes, but you can’t argue we are ref’d to a different standard in this league... I’m not moaning, god knows we are all used to it... we blow our fuses on here at times, Gerrard blew his tonight understandably... btw I don’t think Beaton is a cheat , just a coward who the Scottish media have targeted as a scapegoat who favours us ..

the day the Tim’s got referees banned ruined Scottish football... Simple

Back